[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do monitors ever degrade in screen resolution after use over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: resolution.png (16KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
resolution.png
16KB, 960x540px
Do monitors ever degrade in screen resolution after use over time? I just think a few years back my screen looked better than it did now, sharper, less pixels or something. Is this a thing, screen resolution degrading?
>>
>>57396513
Yes.
>>
Its your eyes faggot, get some glasses
>>
>>57396526
>>57396530
Ok this is confusing.
>>
>>57396513
Totally, TN lcds can lose up to 20% resolution every couple of years
IPS on the other hand just about 2% each year
>>
>>57396513
The problem is that the pixels expand. Putting it in the refrigerator for a while should solve the blur.
>>
File: 768-2160p.jpg (281KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
768-2160p.jpg
281KB, 3840x2160px
>>57396541
lol

>>57396513
OP they're screwing with you because what you're asking is a pretty fucking stupid question.

Colors can fade, backlights can get dim, but no you cannot lose resolution, if a pixel DIES that pixel will no longer work, and if you were to have all the pixels around the edges of the screen die, sure that would count. But that's not what has happened with you, your monitor wouldn't magically just display itself on only the working pixels, you'd have big areas of dead spots with broken pixels and that would be obvious as fuck to see.

SO no, you aren't losing resolution.
>>
It's a result of graphical velociodensity. Monitor resolution can degrade if they aren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place.
>>
>>57396541
what about plasma?
>>
>>57396566
Preposterous, just look at a 5yo TN screen and tell me it is ok.
>>
Most likely your eyes
>>
>>57396575
Plasma has active resolution renewal, hence the inherent high power consumption.
But since MUH GLOBAL WARNING that is unacceptable to fucking hippies.
>>
Yes, just like with rotational velocidensity
>>
>>57396581
I have a TN panel from 2006 (10 years ago) right here, the RESOLUTION is identical to the day I bought it, 1280x1024.

The colors are shit compared to todays monitors and the brightness is also garbage compared to a modern monitor, but RESOLUTION is the same 1280x1024, and always has been.
>>
Yes, due to a process known as vertical-hyporotator overdensity. Essentially what happens is the pixels are affected by gravity over time and sort of get squished together and eventually merge.

The effect isn't really THAT noticeable until it's about time to replace your monitor with newer tech anyway, so you don't see it discussed very often. You can actually prevent vertical-hyporotator overdensity by rotating your monitor 180 degrees every few months. Ever wonder why you can rotate your screen upside down in your graphics control panel? Yep, so that when you do your rotation maintenance the screen will look rightside up to you.
>>
>>57396641
That number is hardcoded in the monitors firmware and is referred to via whatever port you are using, it has nothing to do with the real current resolution.
>>
>>57396651
you should sell audiophile gear. you'd probably be pretty good at it
>>
>>57396651
I spat out my peppermint tea. Thanks.
>>
>>57396513
>Do monitors ever degrade in screen resolution after use over time?
Are you literally fucking retarded?
>>
Wouldn't it be nice if some seriously uneducated people read this thread and be smartass about it to some equally uneducated department store clerk.
Then pasta the transcript of the conversation on here.
>>
OP here.

Or maybe I've never had to use a computer that's more than 2 years old. Ever thought about that. Cocksuckers.
>>
>>57396679
you're trying too hard
>>
>>57396732
Or maybe you misclicked /g/ instead of /mlp/
>>
>>57396765
Choke on a big black dick.
>>
>>57396775
You sound offended, makes me wander if op post was not bait and you are actually that dumb

wew lad
>>
File: g.jpg (115KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
115KB, 650x432px
>>57396811
...a big, veiny, throbbing black cumming dick down your faggot facehole.
>>
>>57396513
>DELL not releasing a 3840x2300 monitor
>>
>>57396651
Does the angle you have your monitor on effect the rate?
>>
>>57396979
If you mean on this axis, then yes!
The more you rotate away from vertical, the less gravity pulls pixels directly into one another
>>
>>57396839
>Copyright Protected Image

anon, the FBI are coming for you
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.