[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY CAN'T I DISABLE CORTANA IN WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: cortana.png (38KB, 665x461px) Image search: [Google]
cortana.png
38KB, 665x461px
WHY CAN'T I DISABLE CORTANA IN WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE

I tried doing the registry edit thing, by making the AllowCortana keyword and setting it to 0 and stuff, but it still shows up in task manager

HELP
>>
>>57391641
You can't. Your best option is to get a copy of Windows 10 Edu or use Windows 10 Server. Neither of them have Cortana.
>>
>actually installing this trash
>>
File: 1437701950122.jpg (77KB, 854x576px) Image search: [Google]
1437701950122.jpg
77KB, 854x576px
>>57391641

But she's your friend, anon

You can't disable friendship.
>>
>WHY CAN'T I _______ IN WINDOWS 10
Oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>57391684
how do I fug cortana?
>>
You have to take ownership of one of the cortana folders, disable it in task manager, and then within the timeout period that it automatically restarts, delete the folder.
>>
>>57391698
You can't fuck your friend either
>>
>>57391706
how
>>
>Windows 10
You asked for it, n/v/idiot.
>>
>cortana

Whata foca is this? I don't have this shit on my Server 2016. :^)
>>
>>57391641
use google, you double nigger
>>
>>57391714
>Friend-zoned by virtual assistant

Fuck this gay shit, I don't wanna be her friend.
>>
>>57391641
C U C K E D
A G A I N,
W I N C U C C K
>>
File: tom.jpg (9KB, 259x205px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
9KB, 259x205px
>I'm so addicted to video games that I'd rather endure Windows 10 than switch to a superior AND free Linux system
>>
>Not using LTSB version

That's the problem
>>
>>57391641
Cortana, Edge and a few other components are built into the OS. You can't get rid of them without damaging your system.
>>
>>57391641
The file explorer won't function properly if you somehow get rid of Cortana.
>>
>>57391684
top fucking kek'd

>>57391641
install gentoo
>>
>>57393766
>Linux system

i don't have 12 hours to spare just to get a damn video player working
>>
You can't disable cortana since it will disable search function. But you can disable functionality and if you're autistic enough, you can make her can't connect the internet with firewall.
Or if you're even more autistic, move the region to non-cortana countries, like Japan, Korea, etc.
>>
>>57391641
You must've missed a step you dumbfuck!
>>
>>57394812
>apt-get install vlc
wow... 12 hours.. what a slow connection
>>
>>57391727
He literally just told you what to do
>>
>>57393766
it's not just video games though. applications such as autocad don't work on linux.
>>
>>57393766
What about the freedom to play games?
>>
I don't understand the Windows 10 apologists. The whole gaymer thing is meaningless nowadays with passthrough. Most motherboards even cheap ones have an IGP or APU if AMD. Run two cables to your main monitor or only monitor and play whatever gayme you want on Linux with no drawback. The program fags could just dual boot or use a VM.
>>
>>57391641
it was the same for me too.then i called microsoft customer service and the next day it magically disappeared.
>>
>>57395463
i dont have time to set up windows in loonix.
>>
>>57391706
Thats the simplest solution, kill the cortana process and rename her folder immediately.
And just watch your Even Viewer as it fills up with error messages about cortana not starting every 10 seconds :^)
Plus you lose all search related functions of windows because cortana controls/does that
>>
>>57396861
>installing vlc using apt means installing windows
kys
>>
>>57391641
>I don't know what Cortana actually does, the post
>>
>>57391641
> 75mb ram
> 1% cpu usage
stop crying autismo.
>>
>>57391641
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>57391641
p ǝ ʞ ɔ n C u c k e d
...p ǝ ʞ ɔ u c k e d...
......p ǝ ʞ c k e d......
.........p ǝ k e d.........
............p e p...........
...............d..............
>>
>>57397022
>>57391916
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
Get Education, literally the best version.
>>
>>57391669

This.
Might as well put yourself in chains.
>>
>>57391641
>overly attached AI
shieee
>>
>>57391641

You can't retard. Cortana replaced the standard windows search. They did this so they can datamine you at all times.

Why do you think 10 was "free"?
>>
Because you're a retard and should pirate Windows 10 LTSB 2015 for minimum bloat, also learn to use O&O shut up windows 10 or winprivacy for disabling telemetry and win Aero tweaker for making it more traditional UI wise
>>
You have edit the registry while simultaneously renaming the cortana.exe to something like cortana.exe.bak

Write a small batch file if you really want to get rid of her that badly.

Keep in mind though, Microsoft has rolled search into the same executable, so you won't be able to search for stuff on your own computer any more if you disable her in this way.

It's arguably better to disable the "Cortana" aspect of cortana, and just revert her back to the old search bar from 7/8.
>>
>>57395463
You linux shills always say that installing stuff is somehow easier with apt-get install *

Why? 90% of the time you try to get some package, it breaks something somewhere else, or it just doesn't work because of something else you already have installed.
>>
>>57391641
Find her folder, end her task, quickly rename her folder to anything and there you go, you could have googled that you fucking moron.
You won't be able to search your OS after you do that btw
>>
>>57391641
you can disable it after pure install
>>
>>57399080
>not knowing that it's called a caret

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caret
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat
>>
>>57391641
is there a list of the ip's/ip ranges you have to block to completely cut off ties to microsoft?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.