[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comp Sci Classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

WHY ARE COMP SCI CLASSES SO HARD?! Every assignment I'm given is near fucking impossible and when I don't get it, no one is there to help me and we're building off things I don't know! Kill me now! 50% of my class withdrew and I was the dumbass that stayed!

DOES IT GET BETTER!??!?!
>>
>>57388369
Enjoy getting outsourced by indians
>>
>>57388369
git gud nigger
>>
>>57388369
>DOES IT GET BETTER!??!?!
yes, the first few semesters are there to weed out the idiots and lazy fucks

I'm glad I always had a competetent group...
>>
File: 2015-06-10-DontDropTheSoap.png (422KB, 750x884px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-10-DontDropTheSoap.png
422KB, 750x884px
>>57388385
>>57388393
Fuck you two! Literally its: "Now you know how to use strings, please code an encryption program and decryption program"

Like FUCK. And everyone is having 3rd year students write the code for them! >>57388395
I want to learn myself, not cough up 50 bucks to get the A! >:O
>>
>>57388433
>>:O
Literally cancer.
>>
>>57388385
How true is this? I make shit pay with a math degree and keep thinking about going back for a master's in cs, but stuff like this deters me.

I don't know anyone in the industry either so I don't have an honest reference.
>>
>>57388433
>I want to learn myself, not cough up 50 bucks to get the A! >:O
our assignments were done in groups of 3, sometimes 4
no money involved

>encryption program and decryption program
I bet it was RSA, that is easy as fuck
>>
>>57388369
Discuss it with friends/seniors/professors?
>>
File: 2015-09-11_TheLochNessGMan.png (279KB, 750x1297px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-11_TheLochNessGMan.png
279KB, 750x1297px
>>57388477
I don't have friends! This is my first quarter in university! And my professor only has office hours during my class times for other writing and game design! XL

It wasn't RSA, it was a Vigenere cipher, in an intro class, in week 2

Where's my hope? Its gone :(
>>
>>57388512

You know what's your problem?

You expect things to be like fast food.

You have no friends? Wow, neither do most guys at university in the beginning.
You don't understand programming? No shit sherlock, you're there to learn it.

"Learning" doesn't mean "listen and understand it immediately". Schools over, now it's up to you to not get frustrated, to fight yourself through all that shit.

I can just tell you this guy was right:
>>57388395

If you put some eddort in the first 1-2 years it will pay off greatly. And if you find a group of people you can share the load (no pun intended), you can ask questions, you can understand faster. But you can also do it all by yourself, if you have enough discipline.

Just find a place where "most people" hang arround, be nice, expect them to not say "wow, yes of course you can join us". Just be nice and friendly, and come back every meeting - reliable people are good. Or mail some dudes "hey wanna meet every week for assignments?" Ask until someone says "OK".

Try to work more than others, because it's NOT about getting through it without effort, it's about learing a clusterfuck of stuff and build knowledge.

Experts have failed more times than beginners even tried.
>>
>>57388512
>Vigenere cipher
What is your difficulty? It's really simple cipher
Knowing how String works and understanding operators is pretty much all you need to work it out.
You're freaking out about nothing. Just sit down, relax, look at the wikipedia entry on it and try to understand it (perhaps look at Caesar's cipher first). Look at some pseudocode and translate it to whatever language you're supposed to use if you're still having trouble.
>>
>>57388512
Since the Loch Ness monster has been living in the lake for so long, it has legally established residency. The owners couldn't just kick it out, but would have to evict it. But the monster would have a good case for an easement and should take this to civil court.
>>
Are you fucking kidding me?

And this is what you get mad at? Using buffers and encryption/decryption modules?

Die in a fire, OP.
>>
>>57388369
Drop out now and switch to a community degree in web development
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.