[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1478290331947.jpg (112KB, 1344x742px) Image search: [Google]
1478290331947.jpg
112KB, 1344x742px
>DeepMind is on a scientific mission to push the boundaries of AI, developing programs that can learn to solve any complex problem without needing to be told how. Games are the perfect environment in which to do this, allowing us to develop and test smarter, more flexible AI algorithms quickly and efficiently, and also providing instant feedback on how we’re doing through scores.
>StarCraft is an interesting testing environment for current AI research because it provides a useful bridge to the messiness of the real-world. The skills required for an agent to progress through the environment and play StarCraft well could ultimately transfer to real-world tasks.

https://deepmind.com/blog/deepmind-and-blizzard-release-starcraft-ii-ai-research-environment/
>>
>>57387149
Shit, they could've finally made Warcraft 4. WC universe is generally more liked and popular than SC anyway, it's odd they didn't use Warcraft 3 at least.
>>
>>57387149
>SC II
>complex problem
>real-world tasks
>>
>>57387635
Starcraft has always been used as a platform for developing AI due to the constant liquid state of the game.
>>
>>57387668
When i let the ai fought against itself and zergs are on the map, they always win. I always saw the game as a math problem to balance the expanding/economy needs.
>>
There are already AI competitions being done on Brood War actually.
>>
Is Starcraft II worth pirating?
>>
>>57387149
fucking yeah!
>>
>>57387934
Game has always online drm so you can't pirate it.
>>
>>57387934
Single player is shit. I've played starcraft since 2011 and I haven't completed more than 10 single player missions.
>>
That's quite a nice find, thank you anon. I'm positive, but I don't play the game, so that sucks.
>>
>>57388105
There is a cracked version with custom launcher (kind of) so single player against ai is possible (without connecting to internet), maybe new version of crack even support lan play idk
>>
>>57387316
No it's not. The WC3 engine is less capable, regardless of how cool the single player campaign was.

>>57387934
It's worth buying.

>>57388574
>since 2011
Is this supposed to be a long time?
>>
>>57389090
It is for starcraft 2.
>>
>>57387668
>constant liquid state of the game
Oh yeah, it's in a constant liquid shit state alright.
>>
>>57387934
No, not even worth the bandwidth.
>>
>>57392139
t. bronzie
>>
>>57392176
t. bonzi buddy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.