[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My old iPhone is still getting messages with no sim in it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1478040014570.jpg (24KB, 799x657px) Image search: [Google]
1478040014570.jpg
24KB, 799x657px
Posting for a friend

She bought the new Google Pixel and had an iphone before that. She put his sim into the Pixel but whenever someone with an iphone texts her the message is still sent to her old iphone and not the new Google Pixel.

What do?
>>
Turn off imessage on iphone.
>>
>>57386561
Turn off iMessage or deregister her number from iMessage.

Also, there is a stupid questions general and a smartphone general for you to post this kind of question without having to create a brand new thread.
>>
I'm assuming her carrier is Verizon/Sprint, which is CDMA. With CDMA, the phone is bound to the number via MEID, not a sim card. The card exists just for LTE data.

Just have her go onto her plan and remove the old device's MEID, and activate the Pixel.
>>
That's a well-known problem, did you think you would escape from Apple's embrace so easily?
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
>>
>>57386561
>iPhone
Found your problem.

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-sued-over-disappearing-imessage-texts-sent-to-android-users/
>>
>she put his sim

is your friend gender fluid?
>>
File: brand.png (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brand.png
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>57386670
"brand" was not necessary in your post

you take your english course and gen-eds in college yet?
>>
>>57386718
your post was not necessary period and neither is mine
>>
>>57386741
its okay to make mistakes

just a fun fact for you. you never realize how autistic you sound until you take a speech class. being eloquent and refined is not bad in any way at all.

shouldn't become a fedora though, that is worse than sounding dumb

>alas
>greetings
>henceforth
>>
File: brandnew.png (8KB, 645x205px) Image search: [Google]
brandnew.png
8KB, 645x205px
>>57386718
Whatever you say english major
>>
>>57386781
it is wrong to sound like a rite pretentious twat you dwanky poes
>>
>>57386788
it wasn't improper, just unneeded
>>
>>57386713
KEK
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.