[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: CwSeUciVIAAeNdH.jpg (371KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CwSeUciVIAAeNdH.jpg
371KB, 2048x2048px
What did they mean by this?
>>
What is it?
>>
>>57386701
It's a NES Mini

The question is, why the fuck is it so powerful for a NES emulator?

>The NES Mini sports an Allwinner R16 SoC with a quad-core ARM Cortex A7 32-bit microprocessor (same as Rapsberry Pi 2 Model B) and a multi-core, ultra low-power ARM Mali 400 MP2 GPU with 3D accerlation and 1080p support. The NES Mini also rocks 2GB of DDR3L RAM from SK Hynix and a 512MB NAND Flash chip that's soldered into the motherboard.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54803/take-look-inside-nes-mini/index.html
>>
>>57386756
Because they probably got a cheap deal on those SOC, you know they are a few cents a piece in those amounts they are buying them.
No matter that it's overkill.
>>
>>57386701
OP's wife's son's dildo.
>>
>>57386756
Allwinner SoC are the cheapest you can buy today.
>>
Couldn't you run something like n64, or at least SNES on there?
>>
Wow, there is not a lot to that. The chip that isn't covered in this thread already is the AXP233 PMIC which is handling the power supply. This is a really basic Allwinner R16 (sun8i) setup, which is considered to be a cheap, low-cost Internet of Shit-type board.

They could retail this for $15 and make a profit.

If you're wondering why it's overpowered, wonder instead why it's three times the price it should be.

>>57386852
SNES, definitely. N64, I'm starting to have doubts. You can consider this equivalent to a Raspberry Pi 2B with a worse GPU, twice the RAM, horrible chipset errata and slower CPU clocks.

I wonder if it has the kernel backdoor?

Not really worth finding out, considering there are so many other, better, things you could hack on: i.e. you could actually use a Raspberry Pi with RetroArch or something.
>>
>>57386980
>They could retail this for $15 and make a profit.

The chipset, yes. But there is still the PCB, all the wiring, and the, you know, plastic case, controllers, and packaging.

So it's not as cheap to make as you make it sound.
Still really fucking cheap though, especially in bulk - what does it retail for, $50, $60? That sounds about a right price.
>>
Why did they go the emulation route instead of the FPGA route?

>>57386756
fucking pleb

if you want hardware accuracy you need a powerful cpu
>>
>>57387140
>if you want hardware accuracy you need a powerful cpu

Pity the emulation is still bad. The sound is super fucked up in a couple of games, Super Mario 2 included.
>>
>>57386376
cheap now and future availability
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.