[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft Edge is way more secure than Chrome and Firefox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1473676308856.png (393KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1473676308856.png
393KB, 785x757px
NSS Labs recently conducted a browser test of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. The researchers found that Edge — the default browser for Windows 10 — was more secure than the other two in terms of blocking socially engineered malware (SEM) and phishing attacks.

Testing was conducted during the months of September and October 2016, with 220,918 socially engineered malware results and 78,921 phishing results recorded.

http://betanews.com/2016/11/01/microsoft-edge-is-most-secure-browser/
>>
But is it more secure than GNU/GNU GNU/Icecat? Or as I've taken to calling it, (GNU - GNU + 1) GNU/Icecat.
>>
>>57377473
>gnu - gnu + 1

Or just 1.
>>
>>57377499
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as 1, is in fact, GNU/GNU, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU minus GNU plus 1.
>>
>>57377473

>GNU IceCat, formerly known as GNU IceWeasel,[3] is a free software rebranding of the Mozilla Firefox web browser distributed by the GNU Project.

That means no
>>
>>57377449
>was more secure than the other two in terms of blocking socially engineered malware (SEM) and phishing attacks

wow it's fucking nothing, unless your're a hyper-normie
>>
>>57377745

99.999999% of computer users are normies
>>
>>57377449
>socially engineered malware and phishing attacks

That's concern me if I were a retarded who didn't know how to avoid shit like that by heart
>>
RIP CHROME
>>
So basically it lets retards know that the ransomware claiming the OS is locked is lying and that calling pajeets and giving them access to their computer is a bad idea?
>>
>>57377449

Edge implements a System Call Filter for every content process so that if malware does exploit a vulnerability it going to have a much harder time escaping its sandbox since it can only call the Win32 APIs that Edge needs to function.

Its why that zero day that Google recently disclosed does not affect Edge users running the Anniversary Update.
>>
>>57380386
>Its why that zero day that Google recently disclosed does not affect Edge users running the Anniversary Update.

Oh great, so it affects 99% of Windows 10 users.
>>
>>57380411

Aren't we forgetting Chrome also mitigates the exploit?
>>
>socially engineered malware (SEM) and phishing attacks
Are you fucking serious
>>
>>57380417
So what the fuck is OP talking about then?
>>
>>57377449
>more secure than the other two in terms of blocking socially engineered malware (SEM) and phishing attacks.
>socially engineered malware (SEM) and phishing attacks.
kek
Meanwhile for stuff that matters Edge and IE are still the worst:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqBd7zmg6grVBEws_UPXFBIdZT_0ISjIaHPK4cJvjII/edit#gid=0

How does MS make a browser "from scratch" and still produce an IE-tier turd?
>>
BASED EDGE
>>
>>57377449
Anyone who falls for socially engineered malware or phishing attacks fucking deserves it
>>
CHROME BTFO
>>
>>57377449
The fuck is "social engineered malware"?
>>
>>57377745
/thread
>>
>>57377449
>socially engineered malware
So, literally, edge is for retards?
Good to know.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.