[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comcast Data caps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: wkW3im.gif (37KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wkW3im.gif
37KB, 2000x1200px
Why aren't people freaking out over the data caps that comcast is implementing? Why aren't they contacting their representative and calling the FCC?
Do they not see that they are going to start off with 1TB and then lower it to 500GB and then 250 because they want money? They are probably start selling us deals like 250GB/month for $60 and 500 for $75. Come on people. Other ISP are going to follow them since nobody is fighting this and it's a better way to make money.
>>
>>57374037

There's no need to lower them, the requirements for bandwidth is only going to increase. They are just playing a waiting game for everyone to catch up.
>>
Because it's on upgrade from 300GB
>>
>>57374037
>Why aren't people freaking out over the data caps that comcast is implementing?
because america is the land of the free, home of the brave... of course
>>
>LAND OF THE FEES
>>
>>57374037
We threw a shitfest in Atlanta when comcast did it in our area, but now google fiber is moving into to their long monopoly and they started offering unlimited data again. Now they are doing radio commercials that people don't need fiber and comcast is better. Like they specifically mention fiber, it is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>57374739
>We threw a shitfest in Atlanta when comcast did it in our area, but now google fiber is moving into to their long monopoly and they started offering unlimited data again
Google halted their expansion,laid of CEO and 9% of their employee. Google is fucked and so are the people
>Now they are doing radio commercials that people don't need fiber and comcast is better. Like they specifically mention fiber, it is fucking hilarious.
Who? Google or comcast?

What I am worried about is the other companies will follow this suit and do this to us as well. Why don't more people care or fight? is it because they are thinking in short term thing and that terabyte is too high so it won't affect them?
>>
>>57374037
i think they're jews.
not nazis.
>>
Comcast has always had data caps. It used to be 250 GB, but no one notice except the few people who felt the need to download everything. When streaming services became big is when people notice since they use a lot more bandwidth than facebook.
>>
>>57374037
>implying I have shitcast
Find another ISP, it's not that complicated.
>>
>>57375642
Are you really this retarded that you don't think other companies will join comcast after seeing the success? You think they will give up extra money? You fucking mongoloid.
>>57375601
If they had data cap and no one noticed it then why are they making a new data cap at terabyte and not leaving it at 250 GB?
>>57375565
I was too lazy to photo edit a jew and just stole this off reddit.
>>
The average law abiding citizen doesn't use more than 1TB a month so they do not care
>>
>>57375809
>If they had data cap and no one noticed it then why are they making a new data cap at terabyte and not leaving it at 250GB?
Their network is much better than it was 7 years ago, a high number of people hitting the cap due to streaming services like Netflix, and download sizes for things like games are bloated and can be 50+ GB nowadays. It's easy for normal people to hit a 250GB in a month today, so they had to raise it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.