[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monitor size vs viewing distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Display_size_measurements.png (236KB, 800x688px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Display_size_measurements.png
236KB, 800x688px
Ok, so right now I have a 1080p 23 or 24 inch monitor (measured with measuring tape hence why it's inaccurate)

the screen is at approximately 32 inches away from me

maybe that's decent but I don't give a fuck, I like to have a screen close to my eyes and with my desk, the best I can probably do is around 25 inches away from my face

so I don't know how to calculate what monitor size I would need to keep around the same "view area"

also, if I'm going to update, might as well go balls deep and go for a 4k monitor, problem is that they don't seem to make small versions of those, 27 inches is about the smallest I could find and that's way too fucking large

wut do?
>>
>>57373221
install gentoo, pleb
>>
File: 1478002686999.jpg (41KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1478002686999.jpg
41KB, 511x511px
>how do i look at a screen /g/
>>
>27 inches
>way too fucking large
I'm like 20 inches from my monitor and it's 27", which is probably too close but completely usable. At your distance it should be fine.
>>
Don't get the 4k meme. 1920x1200 IPS 24" you'll get used to it.
27" isn't that big. At first it felt fuckhuge to me but now 24" seems pretty small. I also really appreciate the 1440p screenspace now.
>>
>>57373799
>>57373852
I like close but not as much as the screen takes more than my field of view, hence I dislike ultra wide resolutions or multiple monitors

if I look at a screen, I want to see the entire screen and even leave some space out in the corners of my sight, it's just more comfortable to me

the reason I want a screen closer than further away is to see the details better, not have to squint, not have it fill my field of view
>>
>>57373221
>problem is that they don't seem to make small versions of those, 27 inches is about the smallest I could find and that's way too fucking large
You dont want to use 4k with a monitor with anything less than 40", that means just buy a 40" 4k tv. You wont be able to read anything on your monitor at 4k with a 27" monitor. People dont understand that ultra-hi res only works on smartphones because smartphones are zoomable. People dont zoom their desktop OS.
>>
>>57374288
display is scalable, you can zoom on an OS that's not a problem

pretty sure you're just trying to mess with me
>>
>>57374376
>display is scalable, you can zoom on an OS that's not a problem
is that really how you use a desktop OS, you scale in and out of sections of the desktop you are using? Id really like to know more about this workflow, how do you scale in and out? Do you drag out boxes with your mouse in sections of the desktop you are working with?
>>
>>57373221
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/dell-p2415q-monitor/pd

24" 4k monitor
>>
File: Untitled.png (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
199KB, 1920x1080px
>>57374575
there's this thing (which I'm not using) but on the internet my browser usually zooms 125%, 150% on certain websites

plus there is a lot of other ways I just don't know about
>>
>>57374605
hey thanks a lot for that, finally someone helpful

don't suppose there's any smaller though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.