[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thread stuck in device driver part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>got this error
>made thread
>>57363985
>using this
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jFrZ2R
>thought it was a RAM problem
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
The Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.
>ran memtest 86
>5 hours later it passed all 48/48 tests so it doesn't seem to be a RAM problem

I don't know what to do here. I get this blue screen of death randomly making my home built pc not reliable at all. I think it's a hardware issue but since my pc passed the memtest, I can't really pinpoint the RAM down anymore. Any suggestions on what to do/replace?
>>
File: exchange.jpg (43KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
exchange.jpg
43KB, 800x551px
Hmm. Did you observe proper ESD safety precautions while building your PC? If not, you might be a victim to latent static damage. The thing is, you can never be certain if it is due to ESD or not, but one telltale sign is gradually you will start to see issues/errors/corruption over time until it gets so bad the device is unusable. If you had run an overclock on your system, this would only exacerbate the failure.
>>
I just ran windows memory diagnostic.
>no errors

So if I break this error down I think.
>My RAM exceeds my Intel I5's recommended voltage of 1.5v+5% and goes up to 1.65v
>despite this, memtest 86 and windows memory diagnostic shows no issues with the RAM
>my gpu is new and the drivers are updated
>the motherboard, cpu, hard drive, and power supply could be causing this error but I don't know how to check
>the RAM could still be causing this error despite passing these tests
>it could occasionally run at 1.65v making my computer forcefully shut down

I get this error when I'm doing multiple things at once. This is especially true when I have multiple tabs of youtube open.
>>
>>57371075
>ESD safety precautions
This could be the case. I have an anti static wristband but I rarely use it when I'm handling components.

If this is the case what do I do? The computer runs perfectly fine until it suddenly gets a BSOD.
>>
>>57371113
>If this is the case what do I do? The computer runs perfectly fine until it suddenly gets a BSOD.

Run the Intel Burn Test - this will test both your memory and CPU. Warning, it does stress your hardware hard, but, that is the point. You should get a checksum after each run of the test (up to 5 runs) - if you computer does not crash or BSOD, you want to see identical checksums for each run. If not, it means your system is unstable (no shit) but the program will notify you of this.

So, what this means is it verifies that it may not be your RAM, as you already have ruled out, but it may be your CPU that is to blame. If you have an overclock, now would be a good time to set it back to stock. If you have no overclock, I would still go into your BIOS and set the voltage of the RAM to standard 1.5v Remember, your memory controller is on the CPU - it has been running out of spec for god knows how long.

The only thing left would be to rule out the CPU by trying it in another mainboard. I suspect it is the CPU, however.
>>
>>57371084
...there's no point in trying to diagnose some problem when you already 100% know there's at least one problem with the system.

Get RAM of the correct voltage. You can't isolate any other problems, if there even is another problem, until you do that.
>>
>>57371490
That's a good point. I'll go buy another RAM when I get home.
>>
>>57371644

>That's a good point. I'll go buy another RAM when I get home.

Did you do anything >>57371183 suggested?
>>
My video card broke down and bsods when I use its driver.

Try uninstalling the driver and see if it still does that
>>
>>57372053

This is why /g/ is not tech support. Assholes will only listen to the easiest solution, not the path to enlightenment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.