[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>macOS is so polished! Muh fucking UNIX certified! It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

>macOS is so polished! Muh fucking UNIX certified! It's free as in free beer!
I've been sitting here trying to update this fucking thing while getting cryptic erros in the form of exception paths instead of an actual error message, all of this to get an OS update. It's apparently complaining about a ToS not being accepted, although it never prompted a ToS for me to accept.

Fedora 24 does not have this problem.
>>
Christ, even rebooting is an issue for this thing.
>>
File: 1397348182551.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397348182551.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>uses an apple product
>complains when it's shit
>>
>>57366035
I have to use it for work. We could totally be using Linux machines since half our work is platform-independent and the other half is *nix, but there's nothing I can do.
>>
File: jimface.jpg (80KB, 838x720px) Image search: [Google]
jimface.jpg
80KB, 838x720px
did the OP really point out that he's too retarded to use a product designed for normies that have no idea what they fuck they're doing?

OP is a turbotard
>>
>>57366074
>it's your fault this error message is poorly designed!
>it's your fault the OS failed to do a proper reboot!
Macfags, everyone.
>>
>>57366082
It's your fault you somehow fucked up an OS that's seemingly unfuckable to the point where it can't even reboot properly.
>>
>>57366090
Oh ok, so every error people have in Windows and Linux is attributable to the user as well, right? The OS itself is flawless? Or is that one of those 'it's ok when Apple does it' things?
>>
HAHAHAHA OH WOW
This is sad, really. Arch is a compendium in stability compared to this.
>>
>>57366082
>be technology illiterate
>tell /g/ you're technology illiterate
>get told
>DURRRRRRRR CATER MEEEEE CATER MEEEEE SPOONFEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57366171
your internet connection must be shit, and if
>Failed To Accept Terms
is cryptic to you, you've never even used fedora
>>
>>57366121
>so every error people have in Windows and Linux is attributable to the user as well, right?
In 90% of the cases, yes.

You're a retard who's utterly incompetent with computers. Just shut it off and go outside, you fucking normie pleb.
>>
>>57366191
>It's your fault!
>Ok, how?
>Idk, but it is! macOS dindu nuffin!

>>57366196
>your internet connection must be shit
Ethernet, spotify and other network-dependent shit including an SSH connection were running at the same time without any issues.
>Failed To Accept Terms
Where does it say that? Also maybe you failed to read the part where it didn't present any Terms of Service for me to accept. It's just poorly designed.

>>57366202
>In 90% of the cases, yes.
Cool, now prove it was a user error. Seriously, show me how I can reproduce this error.
>>
>>
File: sfdfd.png (18KB, 1014x660px) Image search: [Google]
sfdfd.png
18KB, 1014x660px
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 640x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 640x270px
>>
>>57366258
>>57366265
>>57366273
Windows sucks, what else is new?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 640x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 640x230px
>>
>>57366230
>IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT IT ISSSSSSSS
>OS GAY SEX SUCCKSSSSSSSS!!!

You're acting like a spoiled child, now fuck off. You obviously don't belong on this board.
>>
>>57366286
>if I type valid points like reddit it will make me right!
Not an argument.
>>
File: image.png (302KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
302KB, 800x600px
Please go back to struggling with implementing a bubblesort in your cs101 course instead of taking your frustration out on /g/

Together, we can make /g/ a better place.
>>
>OSX sucks xD
Instead of crying like a fucking girl at least try to post the steps you did to trigger the error.
Also, welcome to /g/, we aren't your personal tech support service.
>>
>>57366303
>>>/b/ is that way

/g/ is not your tech support you big crybaby
>>
>>57366304
I miss the Vista look, lawd…
>>
>>57366121
It is, not him but I've used macOS ever since Panther and it never brought me problems this bad. How did you torture it?
>>
>>57366304
>if macOS fucks up it's your fault and you're bad at computers!
Not an argument. Also I'm more of a mergesort guy.
>dat O( n*log(n))

>>57366312
>generic insults
Not an argument.

>>57366328
>it never happened to me
I never had a kernel panic, but I'm not denying they happen.
I literally. Only. Wrote javascript, bash, python and browsed the internet. Oh, the horror!
>>
>>57366336
Do you have a valid Apple ID to use the Mac App Store? If so, it should have prompted the terms of service, if it didnt, go to your account settings in the app by clicking on "Store" in the Menu Bar.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 720x960px
>>57366336
Hahaha woah this guy is mad, check out all those languages he's pullin

Stop making us Linux users look so fucking autistic, alright?
>>
Wonder if this is just a problem with Sierra. Certainly not having any issue with mine, but I'm using 08' MacPro (too old to upgrade).

Looks like Apple may have done me a favor.
>>
>>57366352
I actually don't like any of those languages, I was just specifying my usage. I wish I was working with compiled stuff.

>>57366350
Yes, I have a valid Apple ID. The reboot fuck-up was after it downloaded the updates.

>>57366374
I'm on El Cap.
>>
>>57366388
A quick google search says that you should try logging out of your Apple ID in both the Mac App Store and iTunes (if it's used there too) and then log back in by going to your purchases.
>>
>>57366414
Is this the 2016 version of 'have you tried turning it on and off again'? It's genuinely pathetic the kind of crap you have to do to get an update on macOS.
>>
>>57366350
>Do you have a valid Apple ID to use the Mac App Store?
Please. Don't flatter OP by treating him as a serious Mac user.
He's obviously done some arcane thing that only Linux people have to do to get their shit-boxes to boot, thinking that Macs are the same.
He simply can't accept that it's a one-step process.
>>
>>57366437
Nigger, it's a very rare bug that noone else seems to have. Accept that there's a slight error in your setup and try to fix it for your own good. This can happen in any OS by the way.
>>
>macOS
>free as in beer
What?
>>
>>57366452
>it's his fault! My favourite toy would never break! I have literally no evidence supporting my case except for my own feelings, but I know I'm right!
Not an argument.

>>57366456
>This can happen in any OS by the way.
Show me how I can get a ToS error when updating Fedora, you have my undivided attention!
>>
>>57366470
I meant that small errors can occur in any OS.
>>
>>57365947

Idiot.

When you are using a mac you pay for the excellent customer service as well.
Just ask some iStore or helpdesk guy like every iSheeple does.

Jeez, millenials..
>>
>>57366035
Literally the perfect pic to use here
>>
macOS fucks up
>that's super obscure, clearly your fault, use this hotfix, every OS has this

Linux fucks up
>LMAO MADE IN A BASEMENT, MACOS DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM

Keep up with the double standards!
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.