[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this kills the ad blocker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: fsdsdf.png (43KB, 753x349px) Image search: [Google]
fsdsdf.png
43KB, 753x349px
this kills the ad blocker
>>
>using twitch
>>>/v/
>>
>implying anyone on /g/ who isn't a /v/ cross-poster goes on twitch
>>
>>57363510
>>57363502

bet you won't feel the same when Youtube and other video sites implement similar technology.
>>
>>57363561
>using YouTube
>>>/v/
>>
>>57363561
Thanks for confirming that you're a /v/ manchild
>>
>>57363561
first, youtube is shit and has been for years
second, youtube-dl
>>
>>57363494
AdBlockers were killed a long time ago, that's why we got uBlock Origin.
>>
>>57363644

why doesn't livestreamer work anymore? shit hasnt been updated in a year.
>>
>>57363680
Use streamlink https://streamlink.github.io/
>>
everything a woman touches turns to shit
>>
>>57363494
>mfw filter list gets made for it
>>
Unless they literally interrupt the broadcaster's stream and stream the ads, they can't stop it.
>>
>>57363800
>retarded advertiser overrides video and audio in the middle of a 1M+ viewer stream and causes outrage
lol i can't wait
>>
>>57363800

I think how they'll accomplish it is by slipstreaming the ad video just like when you change resolutions on youtube: it continues to play the low res video (in this case the ad) as it is buffering the highres vid. When the resolution change happens it happens seamlessly.
>>
File: girrrl-gamers.png (2MB, 1311x873px) Image search: [Google]
girrrl-gamers.png
2MB, 1311x873px
twitch is great for horny little teens who cum at the sight of cleavage, and think that giving girls money will make them like them
>>
File: nice.jpg (7KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
7KB, 300x220px
>>57363494
>ublock filter
>hosts
>>
>>57363680

It does, but you have to specify the application ID manually.
>>
>>57363800
This literally happens on directv livestreaming. They play a fucking add while the show is live and it actually skips content. If twitch does this then they're fucking dead in the water.
>>
>>57363494
Pretty much you are getting paid to watch ads.

So its not bad, also Twitch/Amazon doesnt do malversiting.
They still datamine you though.
>>
>>57363936

Is uBlock origin able to block FB ads that are bypassing ABP
>>
>>57364678
Get uBlock Origin, enable most of the filters and get uMatrix

Never see an ad in your lifetime again
(Except sometimes uMatrix requires extra tweaking (2-10 mouse clicks) to properly view retarded sites, or to block more clutter, but definitely worth the control over what shit runs in your browser)
>>
>>57364783

That sounds too much work for normies.
>>
File: 324134.png (211KB, 286x272px) Image search: [Google]
324134.png
211KB, 286x272px
>using twitch
>>
>>57364804
then get privacy badger instead of uMatrix
>>
>>57363680
https://github.com/bastimeyer/livestreamer-twitch-gui/releases
>>
>>57363561
kill yourself fuckin faggot streamer
>>
>>57363800
WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH A SHORT COMMERCIAL BREAK!
>>
they will never win the race
>>
File: hardcore_gamer.jpg (11KB, 200x299px) Image search: [Google]
hardcore_gamer.jpg
11KB, 200x299px
>>57364873
>please anon, get a job
>shut up mom, this is my job! and i'm almost 30, you can't tell me what to do!
>>
>>57363680
works fine for me on both windows 7 and macos, but it might be because i'm running it through livestreamer twitch gui
>>
they'll mux the ads straight into the stream
it can't be escaped, the adfags won
>>
>>57363494
I'll just watch the ad free version of the same video that will inevitably be uploaded somewhere else.
The same thing I do with cable TV shit.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-03-13h00m30s670.jpg (267KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-03-13h00m30s670.jpg
267KB, 1280x738px
>>57363494
I don't mind watching ad videos.

Adblockers are necessary to avoid malware.
>>
Using uBlock Origin with:

- All the uBlock filters enabled except Experimental
- All the Ads filters enabled except for EasyList without element hiding rules
- All the Privacy and Malware Domains filters enabled
- Fanboy's Annoyance List enabled
- All three Hosts files enabled under Multipurpose
- The Adguard English filter, added under custom via the URL: https://adguard.com/en/filter-rules.html?id=2
- 3rd party iframes globally disabled (you have to make a few exceptions for this but it isn't hard)

Still no ads on Twitch with this setup, but I have no idea if it's because of the filters or because it's not enabled for me yet (they've been rolling it out gradually, apparently).
>>
I'm glad that normies are too stupid / too intimidated to use Livestreamer.

Even if the ads got so good that they couldn't be blocked by Adblock Plus or Ublock Origin, Livestreamer will still get around ads because it's pulling the video stream source file itself. It's impossible to overlay a video ad over a video being played with MPV.

Because normies are so stupid, Youtube, Twitch, and even Crunchyroll will never disable being able to watch their services over Livestream ad-free because less than 1% of us use it, so we aren't hurting their profits.
>>
People will just find a way to block that, too. Literally anything they do, it'll be possible to block it even if it requires browser hacks and shit.
>>
I forgot to say that I also use the Websocket extension for uBlock Origin in addition to everything else above, though when I look at the logger it's clear that Twitch isn't using any Websocket trickery anyway to bypass blockers (like some sites have been lately).
>>
File: 1468794023586.png (219KB, 616x616px) Image search: [Google]
1468794023586.png
219KB, 616x616px
>>57368353

livestreamer is awesome

>can watch multiple streams with source quality using your mpv config
>can fit as many streams you want in a single workplace if you're using a tiling wm
>remove the cancerous chat
>>
>>57363903
>twitch.tv the newschool cuck experience
>>
Yeah because when I think of what the best possible video experience I could have would be I think of cable television.
>>
>>57365590
>jealous of people making a living and probably earning more than you just by playing videogames and screaming at the screen like a chimp
>>
>>57368460
>remove the cancerous chat

Every Twitch chat, ever, devolves into rampant caps and emote spamming. Or when they slow down, stupid puns with a Kappa tacked onto the end to make sure the reader knows it's supposed to be sarcastic.
>>
>>57363709
You should be safe then
>>
>>57368618
I literally can't read anything in any twitch chat, I don't know what the point is.
>>
>>57363494
It takes ~ 5 lines of JS code to hook and NOP any function. And since DistortedNet (Twitch.tv lead developer) is some neckbeard burger hothead I see no problem with bypassing their shit.

Also
>2017
>using Twitch
>using Yt
>using Instagram
>using Gmail
>using Facebook
>using Twitter

protonmail irc master race
>>
>>57363702
Cheers mang
>>
The problem is that, by what's being said, the ads will be inserted directly into the stream feed itself. They won't be blockable period, by anything, even if you watch via Livestreamer or another source.

The only reason some still have no ads is because SureStream hasn't been rolled out to everyone yet. Expect YouTube and every other site that shows video to do the same in time, so yes, for videos this is definitely RIP ad blockers.
>>
>>57363680
livestreamer gui was updated last month you double nigger
>>
>>57363851
which is why you use a player that doesn't cater to their bullshit

As long as the original content stream is out there the ads can be bypassed. The only way to make it foolproof is to create commercial breaks for everyone like television - and the first company to do that will be destroyed by the competition that does not
>>
>>57364804
good - normies adopting something is what makes companies change to try and stop them
>>
>>57364783
LOL UMATRIX

no thanks I'd rather not allow fifteen CDNs and XHRs and refresh a page twenty times just to fill in a form.

Thanks though, JS Blocker 5 is a million times better.
>>
>>57364873
>implying half the anons on here don't watch regular crap TV with ads or big bang theory.
>>
>>57369226
Thank god for that.

So many great men have been reduced to sniveling domesticated losers by abusive women who get off on treating men like shit.
>>
File: img_6087.jpg (80KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
img_6087.jpg
80KB, 540x568px
I WANT TO BE A PRETTY PRINCESS STREAMER REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57363494
More like: This kills the Twitch. doesn't matter anyway, any new ad tech used to circumvent adblockers can be bypassed.

Anything that can be given life can also have it taken away.
>>
File: 1472011382519.jpg (12KB, 217x206px) Image search: [Google]
1472011382519.jpg
12KB, 217x206px
>>57369226

Underrated.
>>
>>57369369
Sorry, I have Twitch Prime so I won't be seeing any ads.
>>
>>57370254
Are you stupid?
>>
>>57370264
>replying to your own comment

sad.
>>
>>57370281
No but I'm betting your dad is because you turned out the way you are.
>>
>>57370214
>LOL UMATRIX
https://twitter.com
>>
>>57368460
>>57368618
>>57369249

Twitch chat has the potential to be either hilarious, comfy or unbearably chaotic. It all depends on which channel you're watching. Most big channels like DansGaming, Imaqtpie, Cirno_tv or CohhCarnage may have very competent streamers and content, but the chat is really only there so that the idiotic mass can pretend they're being noticed amongst the sea of junk data that's being sent to the streamer's chat log which he usually only glances at rarely and never interacts with it unless it's a mod or a twitch admin.
The really good streams are the ones that aren't too fast, only occasionally have emote spam at not-so-often occasions, like when there's a sub or when there's a streamer meme that happens, that's fine.

But take CohhCarnage's streams for example : The guy's great, but good god, it's like every 5 seconds there's a new meme to be spammed on his stream. It's kinda ridiculous.

It all depends on who you watch and if the content is niche enough so that it can be both enjoyable for the viewers but also not too crowded. A good example of a channel like that is OuterHeaven, which only streams MGS content and has only a few memes and not a lot of spam.
>>
>>57370306
You like twitter senpai? that's cool. I know you're buddy Jack Dorsey isn't doing too good so it's nice you try to drum up some traffic for him.
>>
>>57370399
>CohhCarnage
>The guy's great
stopped reading there, desu
>>
>>57370412
I don't know who you're talking about.
>>
>>57370298
You're stupid, and you just lost your bet. Now encrypt your hard drive and delete your encryption keys.
>>
What does it actually do?
>>
>>57370536
He's a fun guy, but he obviously is doing it for the $$$, so I don't blame you for saying that.
>>
>>57364783
everytime I think umatrix would be a good idea, i remember why I don't use it to begin with.
>>
>>57370258
anyone bypass hulu ads? every now and then I find a clip/video hosted by hulu and it refuses to ever function.
>>
>>57369226
impressive
>>
>>57370254
literally the story of my life
>>
joke's on you I use machine learning to analyze video streams and filter out ads
>>
>>57371125
>>57371148
Stop samefagging and drop the keys, stupid.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.