[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Is This Poopoo'd by /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: poopoo.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
poopoo.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Seems like the standard for pentesters everywhere.

Prove me wrong.
>>
you can install of the software that comes with it on any distro
>>
It's not an issue of the distro itself, it's installing the distro on your hard drive that is pointless and laughable.
>>
>>57361529
Some of the software requires kernel patches that you wouldn't want on your main install.
>>
>>57362020
then you'd just use it on a bootable usb.
this isnt mr robot
>>
>>57362027
Yeah, it's be retarded to use it any other way. It would also be dumb af to install the software and kernel patches on your main.
>>
>>57361508
Yes people in industry use it just like they used Backtrack.
It's because kids install it and instantly think they're an 31337 h4X0R
>>
>>57362132
/thread
>>
>>57362132
It's true. I was in a cyber security class led by a dude way up in NYC's cyber security department. I actually think he was the guy that started it way back when. My college had been begging him for the job. Only got him in cause they offered his kids free tuition if he taught there. He absolutely swears by kali and wanted us all to have it on a virtual machine on our computers. Only ones giving it a bad name are script kiddies. It's pretty good for what it's meant for.
>>
yes people in the industry do use it, mostly because like everyone will say it has most of the random shit you need. everything else you pull down yourself just like any other distro

you can use something like ptf, but in the end you will always be pulling down other stuff depending on what you are focusing on
>>
I don't see any reason to install it on your machine, but having a live usb with it is great.
>>
Real talent rolls their own based on their needs and Kali doesn't include enough exploits to be useful. It's fine for shortcutters and testing tho.
>>
>>57361508
Its not, why are you memeing?
Its not meant to be used as a daily operating system, its made by hackers for hackers, which any of the devs of literally everything on the disc could go rouge any second now.
Its meant to be but onto a live cd and used separatly than your real system.
>>
>>57362132
>>57363956
this, and this. Its not terrible for a quick live usb distro, but you can get the tools for any distro, it has the whole metasploit framework thing, but ruby itself is terrible and they should feel bad.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.