[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Why do you guys hate MacOS?
What OS do YOU use?
>inb4 muh gaymes
>>
Gentoo
>>
File: nipples.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
nipples.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>57356693
Arch + Gnome

Actually, I do quite a bit of gaming. I play a fuckton of FTL and Don't Starve and Rocket League is on Linux now... so, that's half of my evenings.

I couldn't be happier with how Linux is these days. I really wish we didn't have a new world-ending exploit every fucking month but what can you do.
>>
It's pretty clear that developers and pretty much anybody that wants to do anything productive (read: not muh gaymes) uses MacOS.
>>
Because the hardware it comes with is overpriced with sub-par quality.
>>
File: 1471234125835.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1471234125835.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>57356693
>>
>>57356727
>fruity toddler OS
>productivity
>>
>>57356757
Can you elaborate on your point without ad hominem morning? Thanks
>>
>>57356727
Considering you HAVE to have macOS to develop for half the smartphone market, macOS being 5 % above the other OS for development doesn't say much.
>>
>>57356729
>Because the hardware it comes with is overpriced with sub-par quality.
Child's opinion discarded.
>>
>>57356723
How do you get Steam on Arch running Anon?
I installed steam and steam-native-runtime, it works but it crashes often and logs me out.
>>
>>57358758
>defending fruity overheating throttling fragile toddler toys that permanently deform and bend with any kind of force applied to them

Appletoddler's opinion discarded.
>>
>>57356693 (OP)
I hate the MacOS because Apple made it and Apple is affiliated with Steve Jobs AND I FUCKING HATE STEVE JOBS.
>>
>>57356693
>Why do you guys hate MacOS?
Personally I dislike how MacOS is tied to a specific hardware set (unless you build a hackintosh ofc), they're also overpriced, and have a social stigma that I really don't want.

>What OS do YOU use?
I'm using mint right now, going to try out manjaro or slackware when my used thinkpad arrives
>>
>>57359207
>have a social stigma
Only on /g/.
>>
...m-muh games mufugga
>>
>>57356693
>What OS do YOU use?

Windows and Linux since I don't have to choose and can run either in VMs with either as host.

PC hardware for vast choice of course. I can affordably scatter notebooks and desktops throughout my house and workshops. I don't pay for software.

This "choosing" meme is stupid. Any serious computer user should be able to function without much effort on Windows, Linux, or anything else. Learned helplessness is for gummers and women.
>>
>>57356693
I don't hate macOS. it's actually pretty cash money with bspwm.

I'm using Ubuntu however.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.