[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

J Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: J.png (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
J.png
4KB, 64x64px
ITT we

show off our J programs

compliment others on their J programs

discuss J's superiority over pleb languages, like Java and Python.
>>
That is a beyond bad idea. My main advantage is that they think I'm a retard. They continually underestimate me. Why would I give that up?
>>
I am making an application for calculating the efficiency of meals/food that I buy, because I want to save as much money as possible, while consuming as many calories and grams of protein as I can.

I store the food objects as you can see in lists, with the elements of the list representing statistics about the food, which I get from the labels. I don't have many so far, but I only started yesterday.

The accessory methods to the food objects are self explanatory.

Things I have learnt about individual foods:

Brownbread and peanut butter are really, really efficient.

Whey protein is really, really inefficient.

Mince actually has a fuck ton of protein god damn.
>>
>>57354941
Don't you find it fun to talk about programming... why are you even on /g/?
>>
>>57355019
Are you retarded? Doing anything legitimizes her as advice giver. If she has mentioned it we can't do it.
>>
>>57355019
The main part is the ability to find the values of entire meals.

For example, today I had half a packet of mince (1 serving) in the fridge, and 4 sweet potatoes (4 servings), and 1 glass of milk (1 serving).

I can find the statistics of this meal by typing:

meal mince and (4 of sweetpotato) and milk

Which yields:

1.47091 1 57.8 1118 4

Indicating that per meal, this costs approximately £1.47, has 57.8g of protein and has 1118 calories.

Sandwich and bowlofcereal functions are auxiliary.
>>
J the APL derivative?
I'd like to see some J, is it as succint and complete as APL?
Is there a good open source implementation for it?
>>
File: rusrsbro.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
rusrsbro.png
587KB, 625x918px
>>57355040
Who's her? Did you post in the wrong thread by accident?
>>
>>57355112
It is APL using ASCII characters.
Yes.
The official is open source.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.