[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laravel vs Rails vs Django

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lgwmtzgjffojbsxhonwj.jpg (32KB, 760x320px) Image search: [Google]
lgwmtzgjffojbsxhonwj.jpg
32KB, 760x320px
Which of them is the best to start with web development?

What /g/ is using for their web apps?
>>
Web is already developed enough without your contribution
>>
>>57352319

what do you mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 775x719px
>>57352474
it means anon hasnt had his tendies today
>>
>>57351852

1. All web development starts with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, no exceptions.

2. The kool kids are doing single page apps today, using Angular, React, Vue..

3. If you want one those thee, it all boils down to langue of your choice, PHP vs. Ruby vs. Python.

You have darker skin and like curry a lot? --> PHP with Laravel
You are gay or at least metrosexual? --> Ruby with Rails
You are a NEET and want to use a crippled and half-arsed version of Ruby full of quirks because everyone does? --> Python with Django
>>
>>57351852
Rails is really great because it lets you build big and complex apps really easy. Handles routing, dynamically rendering HTML based on data, handles DB connections, how you store and modify your data is all done by convention, etc. It's really awesome if you're just starting.

But as anon said all the cool kids are using React so learn that. Perhaps with the help of https://github.com/Seedstars/django-react-redux-base

Always use boilerplates when you can, they save massively in the time investment of getting these things up and running.

If you want to get a good job in webdev, your best bet is to get great at JS and the React/Redux ecosystem. Contribute to some open source apps in this category and take beatings from some more experienced devs to learn
>>
Python with Flask is good enough for most use cases.
>>
>laravel
Please do not use PHP, it needs to die.

>rails
This is decent but kinda memey. Probably not gonna be mainstream for too much longer, but it will be easy to get up and running.

>django
I've never used it but as I understand it's configuration-over-convention. It might be a bit confusing or overwhelming for a newbie because of this. That being said, django will be around for a while and is heavily used in enterprise so it's the most worthwhile framework to learn imo.
>>
>>57353424
>1. All web development starts with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, no exceptions.

I have these

>3. If you want one those thee, it all boils down to langue of your choice, PHP vs. Ruby vs. Python.

I'm into C# currently and since lookin for some sane web dev without (muh ASP.NET corporate shit). So which one of these is good from speed of learning and general productivity point of view?
>>
>>57353482
>>57353497
>>57353529

Thanks!
>>
>>57353424
>You have darker skin and like curry a lot? --> PHP with Laravel
>You are gay or at least metrosexual? --> Ruby with Rails
>You are a NEET and want to use a crippled and half-arsed version of Ruby full of quirks because everyone does? --> Python with Django
kek'd and /thread'd, although you forgot
JS -> meme hipster douchebags
>>
>>57351852
If you decide to use PHP, please consider symfony over laravel.
>>
I can't speak for other but I have used Django and it's fucking great. You can do anything with it and it's very easy to customize. It has a very active community so there is an app for almost everything.
>>
>>57355706
But symfony is very limited in its standard form unlike laravel.
>>
>>57351852
Built my own MVC framework, more so just to get a better grasp of MVC. Now I tend to use it for everything I do.
>>
>>57356916
link to repo? and how far did you go with it? tell us, anon
>>
>>57356916
>this framework i wrote myself is better than frameworks built over many years by large teams of very experienced and skilled developers!! I AM A GENIUES@!!!

You should find another field if you can't grasp the concept of "don't reinvent the wheel" anon
>>
>>57356952
Didn't say it was better, I just enjoy learning how to build the engine, not just sit behind and drive the car.

>>57356944
I might have a bitbucket of it somewhere, if not I will have to make a repo for it and im not home atm.
>>
>>57357002
It's perfectly understandable that you would want to build one yourself for learning but you said

>Now I tend to use it for everything I do.

Are you really going to use it for real world applications instead of open source frameworks? Why not open source it yourself first and see what the world thinks of it?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.