[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cs/ - everything about the c# language and ecosystem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: papirus-csharp.svg_512x512.png (4KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
papirus-csharp.svg_512x512.png
4KB, 512x512px
>>
I want to create a good base for a program that will install/update my windows software, something like chocolatey but less complicated?

Is it a good base?
The classes/interfaces are in separated files.

interface IApplication
{
bool isInstalled();
bool isUpdated();
void download();
void install();
void uninstall();
}

class FirefoxApplication : IApplication
{
private bool isInstalled() {}
private bool isUpdated() {}
private void download() {}

public void install() {}
public void uninstall() {}
}

>>
Is sharpdevelop good for noobs?
Is visual studio community the way to go even for noobs?
Should I use wpf or uwp?
Is uwp rock solid or still in intensive development and will probably fail?
>>
File: microsoft_backdoor.png (37KB, 945x532px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft_backdoor.png
37KB, 945x532px
Don't use C# at all, the future is Golang, Swift and Elixir based.

Furthermore Windows development is doomed since Microsoft earns more with Azure than with Windows licences.

Microsoft is merging his ecosystem to an API based one.
>>
C# = Games = For Normies = Infect their machine with backdoors
>>
Look at all around you!
There are C# API for everything, everywhere.
>>
>>57351867
>Windows development is doomed
Do you think MS doesn't realize this, considering they've released .NET Core?
>>
>>57352759
The .NET Core/Standard is currently a shit.
>>
Even the picotorrent's creator abandoned the shitty windows api.
https://github.com/picotorrent/picotorrent

He is developing his client in nodejs now!
https://github.com/Porla
>>
>>57352856
Sure. My point is that Microsoft concentrating on Azure doesn't mean they're leaving .NET behind; in fact, it's the opposite. Now that it is FOSS .NET finally stands a chance against Java outside MS-centric companies.

>>57351867
>Golang
Go is actually the language against which .NET Core stands the best chance. Like Go, .NET Core has value types. Like Go, .NET Code can now be AOT-compiled. Unlike Go, C# has a reasonably modern type system with generics and F# has a very modern type system with algebraic data types. .NET languages can reuse a shitton of libraries from the Java world with IKVM.
>Swift
Yes, with IBM's support (they want an alternative to Java that Oracle doesn't control) Swift could be the next big programming language for open source software and the enterprise..
>Elixir
Erlang and Elixir are awesome, but they are too specialized and too weird to Joe the 9-5 programmer to compete with Java and C#. Dialyzer notwithstanding, they are also not statically typed, which is a no-no for many companies. I'd love to be wrong about this one, though.
>>
>>57353111
It seems you love .net core so much.
>>
https://github.com/picoe/Eto
Is this good for non too complicated applications?
What's the best framework for this kind of applications?

I would like to try visual studio code.
Could you advice me some essential addons/extensions?
>>
>>57353372
>What's the best framework for this kind of applications?
Tcl/Tk
>>
>>57351828
1 and 2: Use Visual Studio
3: uwp is for "almost mobile apps", use wpf, or the older windows forms
4: still in development, it's also heavier to work with, the xaml editors in visual studio are heavy (this also happens with wpf, but to a lesser extent)

tl:dr wpf is the successor of windows forms, but it's heavier
>>
>>57352759
Microsoft is trying to turn C# into another Java basically, .NET exes are literally no different from Java applets at this point in the way they function
>>
Can /cs/ recommend me a good, cross-platform
C# IDE?
>>
>>57356543
vscode
>>
>>57353747
Which framework?
Because plain wpf is just like doing css, js, php in the same file!
>>
>>57356921
But why the fuck does microsoft use node and not .net core for its code editor? It's completely crazy!
>>
>>57356921
I mean fully-featured IDE, not a code editor.
>>
File: is_this_guy_serious.gif (61KB, 736x689px) Image search: [Google]
is_this_guy_serious.gif
61KB, 736x689px
>proprietary Java that only werks well on wangblows
sage
>>
>>57357179
>cross platform
>C#
>good IDE

choose 2
>>
>>57357006
something similar to XML in one file and c# in the back is not what you described

and if you don't want that, use fucking windows forms, it's more limited on what it can do, but it's still better than a 3rd party meme framework
>>
>>57351763
FUCK MICROSOFT
>>
>>57357504
It's funny all these idiots complaining about microsoft while suck googles dick
>>
File: fpincs.jpg (19KB, 255x320px) Image search: [Google]
fpincs.jpg
19KB, 255x320px
Has anyone here read the meap fp in csharp book?

I'm a scala developer and I write fairly advanced functional code, but now I need to use C# for a project, and I can't find any torrents for the preview of pic related.
>>
>>57356543

emacs
>>
>>57352931
>abandon a shitty ecosystem for a shittier one

Good job!
>>
File: CwMBJD2W8AANiUQ.jpg (96KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
CwMBJD2W8AANiUQ.jpg
96KB, 1024x538px
>>57357504
Why are you comparing microsoft with c# dude?
>>
>>57357718
yeah I read it ages ago, pretty decent book but it kinda pushed me to leave C# because of F#, etc.
>>
>>57357718
Can't you use F# instead?
That's still .NET

Otherwise you should look into LINQ, that gives you equivalents to all the list functions. Anonymous functions etc are built into the the recent versions of C#.

In the new C# 6.0 you'll have more stuff too like native tuples / anonymous classes
>>
>>57357465
Nah fuck WinForms, it's ancient at this point and does stupid legacy things like packing (x, y) pairs into a single 32-bit number. The WPF API is almost identical but was designed for modern computers.

>>57357006
This is a non-issue if you're using VS. XAML is easily the best GUI tool I've ever used, there's almost nothing it's missing that you could do in code, and it's trivial to hook it into your C#.

Also, UWP doesn't work with C++/CLI, which is basically C++14 with native support for everything in .NET, and it's the easiest way to call into C/C++ libraries.
>>
>>57357179
VS Code does have Intellisense and many of the conveniences you'd expect from an IDE.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.