[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to share a WiFi signal over about 120m?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: network_Wifi_5_thumb800[1].jpg (18KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
network_Wifi_5_thumb800[1].jpg
18KB, 800x450px
Is there a way to share a WiFi signal over about 120m?
>>
>>57346256
make a pair of cantennae
>>
>>57346256
You could use ethernet but would probably need to re up the signal before the 100m mark. Coaxial may work better for this. :)
>>
>>57346303
was looking into WokFi, actually. is it actually that good?

>>57346310
can't use ethernet. my roommate and i are trying to share our internet with her grandma who lives in the apartment just next door
>>
>>57346256
Yes.
>>
>>57346349
>WokFi
When I was a student I rented part of my tennants Wifi, to which I couldn't connect without an external antenna and a reflector made of a sliced in half toilet paper roll and aluminum foil. Pretty rudimentary but did the job.
>>
byzantium os and a bunch of laptops
>>
>>57346452
cannot do that
>>
File: 1438454717946.jpg (109KB, 795x612px) Image search: [Google]
1438454717946.jpg
109KB, 795x612px
>>
>share our internet with her grandma who lives in the apartment just next door
run a cable out the window and across the outside to the other window.
>>
>>57346349
Next door is 120 m away?
>>
There's a way to launch projectiles over 300km away
>>
120M is easily achievable with a high gain antenna if LOS is clear. If you going through buildings, trees or any other large obstruction and can't mount above them then forget it, it's not happening.
>>
>>57346256
>120m
Is that 120 miles or 120 metres?
Makes a difference.
The longest distance for a WiFi signal is 35Miles IIRC. The guy used 2 30' radar dishes over water. The FCC made him take it down because the gain of the dish took the EIRP over the legal limit.
>>
>>57346256
Don't, you'll give the neighbor Wi-Fi sickness
>>
>>57348922
underrated
>>
>>57346256
Yes, there's way to share WiFi signal over about 450 km and kill all ISP on the planet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_Wi-Fi
>>
I've used a pair of these for decent ranges successfully: https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-AirGrid-AG-HP-5G23-23dBi-Antenna/dp/B00794X8C2/

I don't know if there's a cheaper or more up to date option, but they had a pretty slick interface and were easy to set up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.