[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the Windows source code was never leaked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Windows_logo-2.png (22KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_logo-2.png
22KB, 1000x1000px
How come the Windows source code was never leaked?
>>
>>57342314
it was
>>
it's not liquid
>>
It's worthless spaghetti anyway
>>
Pajeets are loyal to their overlords.
>>
>>57342314
Post it faggot
>>
>>57342314
It was, but it was iirc Windows 2000, and not enough of it to build, and the insanely complex Perl based build system wasn't included.
>>
They handed out the dos code straight out of the microsoft website.

If you mean stuff like xp and beyond, probably because the registry algorithms are patented. I always get this sense of a fan running when I think on how microsoft runs as opposed linux that handles drop formations like a mips machine would.
>>
File: ouch.jpg (191KB, 800x344px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
191KB, 800x344px
Nobody wants it.
>>
Windows 2000 code was leaked in 2004, it was reviewed by many and the code was perfectly normal and just the usual result of development contrary to what freetards want you to believe.
>>
>>57342615
It'd be cool to write the open and modern alternative to smss.exe. It'll allow to run Windows headless.
>>
>>57342595
>because it's patented
Not an argumentâ„¢. "leaked" literally means stolen and spread against the creator's will, nobody cares about patents, trademarks or whatever US law "protects" the code.

The real reason is probably because there are tons of safety protocols and not everything is in the same place, Microsoft needs to keep the source code from leaking otherwise they'd take a big financial hit. Imagine if the code was leaked, people just remove all Microsoft dependencies and telemetry and hand out a free and open source version of Windows. It'd be great honestly.
>>
>>57342734
>they remove the MS botnet and add their own

Sounds great :^)

>open source
Nobody would be able to host the code legally
>>
>>57342773
>what are torrents
>>
>>57342841
>2017
>torrents
ishygdig
>>
>>57342314
Its source code is avilable to some, ask them for leaks.

https://news.microsoft.com/2003/09/26/china-information-technology-security-certification-center-source-code-review-lab-opened/

https://news.microsoft.com/2016/10/19/microsoft-launches-brazil-transparency-center-to-serve-governments-in-latin-america/

I believe some universities has access to the source code too.

It's shit anyway. Use a proper OS, like Ubuntu.
>>
>>57342615
That's why ReactOS doesn't exist.
>>
File: 159873571824561.png (124KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
159873571824561.png
124KB, 499x499px
>>57343653
>hobby project
>>
>>57343881
>posteur des grenouilles nazis
Why should I ever respond?
>>
>>57342314
1. It was.
2. There's no need to leak it because people who need to use it can just get a license to do so.
>>
File: 1459606790177.jpg (945KB, 1300x4704px) Image search: [Google]
1459606790177.jpg
945KB, 1300x4704px
they can't
>>
>>57342667
Need a reminder of the content?
>#DO BOT USE TABS INSTEAD OF SPACES! YOU WILL BE KILLED! IT FICKS WITH THE BUILD PROCESS!
Seems like perfectly normal good code to me :^)
>>
>>57342314
1, the windows code is so bad that microsoft keeps it locked up out of shame and embarrassment and only a select few get to see it

2. the hackers that broke in to the computers that have the windows source code seen how terrible it is and decided not to steal any of it

pick one
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.