[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't people want tablets anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: feature-read._CB310920576_.jpg (166KB, 480x521px) Image search: [Google]
feature-read._CB310920576_.jpg
166KB, 480x521px
why don't people want tablets anymore?
>>
>>57340776
because they are just slightly bigger phones
>>
>>57340776
Because when you own a decent resolution acceptably fast tablet there's no reason to ever buy another one.

Like if you bought an iPad Retina four years ago, what has ever come out that's bring something to the table that you say, "Man, I wish MY tablet could do that"?
>>
>>57340776
because phones are getting to be 7"
>>
I'm happy with my fire hd 8. It has like an 8 hour battery life and allows me to watch movies and YouTube in bed. Only $90 and I bought a big fast Samsung 128gb microsd SD for $40 to go with it.
>>
>>57340951
should i just go ahead and buy something like that now or wait until a black Friday deal comes up?
>>
>>57340951
and one more thing, whats the one thing you dislike about the device. i might do the same thing
>>
>>57340951
i need to go to work soon. anyways thanks for the idea, i might actually do the same thing. i just want something to watch at work and in bed. might just say whatever and get the 7 inch. who knows later
>>
>>57340897
i really hope they don't.
Seriously, sometimes i see people talking on their 8" phablet and looks like retards, 5" is more than enough, 5.5" was a mistake
>>
File: 1446950246457.png (181KB, 400x400px)
1446950246457.png
181KB, 400x400px
Tablets are quite useless compared to small laptops, like the Thinkpad X series. However, the comfiness factor of tablets is a 10, especially in bed.
>>
File: Yg Dvd 30-5 00.05.33-00.05.47.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yg Dvd 30-5 00.05.33-00.05.47.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>57340776

>slow as fuck
>android (mostly all the software is adware and shit)
>small screen(fine for reading ebooks, manga and shit. terrible for web browsing)

^reasons why no one wants a tablet
>>
>>57342280

also
> no keyboard (it makes typing a hassle)
>touchscreen(i hate this shit desu)
>>
I do, I really want a Surface Pro 4 or something that has pen pressure sensitivity with no lag at acceptable resolutions.
>>
>>57340776

Remember when the few wise people said tablets were just a fad? Same with "smart watches". Yeah.
>>
>>57342375

at first you think a watch with a monitor on it would be cool and then after you use a device with a small screen, you realize it would suck.
>>
Having a larger screen than your phone is totally useless when the software keyboard still takes up half of it. Especially in landscape as most tablets are designed.

Mobile software is also very limiting. I love my Pixel C, for instance, but I would have loved it a lot more running Chrome OS than Android.

They're also very underpowered, usually not much faster than phones and in some cases, weaker overall.

They're also not as portable as phones, rarely have cellular connectivity as an option (and when they do, it costs too much money), and are horrible to type and communicate on in general compared to actual large keyboards.

I only ever use mine for media consumption. And for most people, that's not a compelling reason to spend money on yet another computer.
>>
>>57340776
because chinks made phones tablets
>>
>>57342280
post more
>>
>>57340776
paper books are better
>>
>>57340776
Probably because Nexus 7 2013 was the last good tablet, you know, 3 damn years ago.
There has been absolutely no development in tablets in the last few years.
>>
People realized they're a gimmick especially now that phone hardware and screen sizes have caught up.
>>
>>57342177
The only reason phones are still small is women's fashion and their small ass pocket. My sister uses a purse and has a Nexus 6, which is 6." Her hands aren't even that big. 5.7" is a perfect size for a dude with big hands.
>>
Cus we already have tablets
>>
tablets are great, why wouldn't people want them?
>>
>>57340812
this
>>
>>57344147
You wear cargo shorts, don't you?
>>
>>57345233
Close, basketball shorts
>>
>>57345233
>he wants to have a low sperm count
wew lad
>>
>>57340776
because fuck childish gambino, PHAROS sucked
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Got one of these 10in portables perfect for browsing at a chill job and jerkin it in bed
>>
I owned a tablet with out a keyborad
it was Sony Tablet S
1 Ghz and 1GB on a andriod was a horrible experience at the time because it was hot, it was super slow, it didn't read 16GB SD cards all that well

the touchscreen keyboard was a mess and slow
there was a werid error that keep pessing the back button after a few minuites, updates where luckhurst and never fixed bugs

No right click (yes i know this has been fixed in newer models but not the one i had)

Can't save anything.
Can't load old games because no right click,

:(((((((
I just got frustrated and left it.

Its ether hybird or no show for me.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.