[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, How much memory (graphic card) does one actually need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Business-Laptop.jpg (102KB, 1366x839px) Image search: [Google]
Business-Laptop.jpg
102KB, 1366x839px
Hey guys,

How much memory (graphic card) does one actually need for things like design, rendering, video editing & some decent gaming? 2GB seems about right to me; anything more seems like battery life/effectiveness would be sacrificed for no real advantage over 2gb, or might aswell just build a gaming desktop, instead of a laptop.

Anyone care to comment on these things? I'm currently looking to upgrade my laptop, and the 15 rMBP seems fine for all of these tasks (the previous version) also the Surface book and the XPS seem like good candidates. Would anyone want to elaborate/warn me on why I should definitely NOT pick one or the other?

Razer and Alienware, along with the Omen seem to have nice specs, too, but like I said, idk if they're actually worth the cost/effiicency.

Looking for 13"-15" btw, not want the most mobile thing and I'm used to 15" but either seems great.

Budget is about 2k tops, if it's a bit North than that it is fine, paying for what you get is not a problem, unless it is outrageously overpriced, in case you wanted to know.

Btw, I've always owned Windows, but I'm very familiar with Mac since every school and professional studio or whatever seem to use it so I don't mind that either
>>
>>57334287
>ram
>sacrificing battery life
is this a new meme?
>>
>>57334299
ok I was thinking everything at once. I meant to say that the ones with bigger graphic cards then to sacrifice battery life for more performance overall because of their usual specs e.g. gaming laptops. and I wanted to know if getting one of those ultra high-end was worth it or not.

Believe that's better worded
>>
>>57334287
>things like design, rendering, video editing & some decent gaming
sounds like you want a desktop
if you really want a laptop, i've heard mostly good things about the xps (if i needed a laptop right now that's what i'd be getting, but i wouldn't be video editing on it)
you could check out the rMBP, probably the now-slightly-outdated one for possibly cheaper than it was
>>
>>57334322
yeah I do mostly browsing, messaging, illustration, and some photography and video editing. not the most hardcore, but I really want to do it smoothly and fast, and most of the time I'm doing it at coffee shops or gotta move with it to change things on the fly or travelling, hence the laptop need.
>>
>>57334353
yeah i'd go with xps or rMBP then
depends on which OS you want i guess
keep in mind what programs you use and if they are compatible
>>
>>57334365
aight, thanks for the input mate. definitely will keep looking onto those then
>>
>>57334394
i know xps 13 got a kaby lake refresh which is supposed to be sweet, keep an eye out
>>
>>57334404
will do! thanks
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.