[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MacBook pros are in DEMAND!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: macbook-pro-2016-2.jpg (88KB, 625x365px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-2016-2.jpg
88KB, 625x365px
If you are like me you generally turn to reddit to gather a general consensus on things that interest you. You may be perplexed about the reaction of the latest MacBook Pro offerings. I too was in this boat. I thought, how can everyone be this disappointed in what seems like a great update to something people love? Then it dawned on me. I had gotten sucked into the Reddit hive mind and convinced myself I was dealing with a large representation of the population. I am not. A certain handful of people are attracted to reddit, and a smaller handful actually take the time to post, and post negatively at that. I figured I'd ask around the movie and TV sets I am on and see what people think. People are overwhelmingly excited for these computers from every department down. I'm telling you, from set design, to wardrobe, to script supervisors, to casting departments, props, actors, down to 2nd ADs, PAs and extras people are all generally excited to get these new computers. I've also talked with friends in the apparel industry, and marketing and everyone seems to at worst be happy for a spec bump, and at best super excited to see what the touch bar will do for them in their workflow so if you're wondering how at least entertainment industry professionals feel about them, they are all reacting pretty positively. Nobody at all is talking about the great Microsoft migration, nobody is gawking at the price, nobody wishes the laptops were touch screen. Reddit, for the most part you guys are just fine, but on this one I have to disagree with you. I think the new MBPs are going to be great. Happy Monday. Step back from the ledge.
>>
>macbook
>Reddit
>doesn't even know of indenting paragraphs
>>
/r/laptops are shitting all over the mbp's as expected

in defense of reddit, OP is right for specific autistic topics it's on point.

specific games, hobbies etc
>>
File: 1468608024821.png (576KB, 618x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468608024821.png
576KB, 618x720px
How do I unsubscribe from your blog?
>>
File: 453534c.jpg (89KB, 1326x602px) Image search: [Google]
453534c.jpg
89KB, 1326x602px
>>
>>57333665
haha, in the music industry whre I work it's the exact opposite reaction, although most of my circle are self employed and so value for money is still something they consider.

After a long conversation with one of my colleagues where he outlined every thing he hates about the new mbp he said he was begrdingly upgrading anyway because he's too entrenched in the ecosystem.

apple can do what the fuck they want, they won't lose enough customers to really scare them.
>>
>>57333665
I'm always amazed how people manage the mental balancing act of disregarding the opinion of a large sample group as not statistically relevant because it doesn't agree with them and then pretend that the five cherry picked people they asked are totally a better representation.

Also I feel kinda autistic because apparently humans are supposed to feel the need to always have the opinion of the majority or something, even when that majority only exists in their head.
>>
File: 1476011646480.jpg (36KB, 498x535px) Image search: [Google]
1476011646480.jpg
36KB, 498x535px
>>57333703
First you need to delete anime
>>
>>57335931
Why would he update though? Last year's MBP is everything he'll need for production, and more.
>>
>>57335988
He's on a 2011 with dead wifi. Interestingly the people who actually use their macs for work aren't the same idiots you see sporting the latest version every winter in a coffee shop.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.