[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this Vizio TV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Good deal for it locally (630 Canadian)

55" LED 4K

Specs below...

>Model Year
>Screen Size
55 in
>Display Technology
LCD
>Resolution
4K Ultra HD
>Native Resolution (Pixels)
3840 x 2160
>4K Ultra HD Display Method
Native
1080p Display Method
Native
>Refresh Rate
60 Hz
>Motion Enhancement Technology
Clear Action 240
>Dynamic Contrast Ratio
5000000:1
>High Dynamic Range (HDR)
No
>Viewing Angle
178°
>Video Modes
None
>3D Video Support
No
>Panel Shape
Flat

>Smart TV
Yes
>Full Web Browsing
No
>Preloaded Apps
Netflix; UltraFlix
>Remote Control Compatibility
Dedicated
>Voice Control
No
>Motion Control
No
Power
>Auto Off
No
>Energy Saving Mode
No
>ENERGY STAR Rating
Energy Star 7.0
>>
Also, it's a refurbished one.
>>
>>57332809
Once again, don't buy a Vizio.

Buy an LG, they have IPS panels, better UI, and still have a fucking TV tuner built in.
>>
>>57333010
This. Sony is also good.
>>
Vizio is the lowest acceptable tier of TV. It's not LG, Sharp, or Samsung, but it is actually watchable unlike the TCF or whatever chinkshit brand.
>>
>>57333010
>>57333086
>>57333022
Thats funny considering that Vizio tvs have much better measurements than anything the others have done
>>
>>57333123
>mentions measurements claiming that a budget brand is objectively superior to premium brands
>does not post said measurements
>>
>>57332809

>>51971506
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>57333187
Are you fucking retarded? He's not asking for customer support or your review of the tv. He wants to know, given the specs, is it good. These post need to be banable.
>>
>>57333153
rting

They do extensive reviews
>>
>>57333010

An LG one would cost me 170 more.

https://www.factorydirect.ca/Canada-/Electronics_Home___Office/Tvs/4K_Tvs/LG5564/55UF6450_Lg_55Uf6450_55__4K_Uhd_Smart_Ips_Led_Hdtv/0
>>
>>57332809

I own one and the image quality is shit
only upside is the low input lag

can post proof if requested
>>
>>57333315

You think the LG one I just posted above is good?
>>
I have a 70" and the image quality is great.
You can't really go by brand names anymore though.
They all mix and match such a wide array of parts and screens that you have to find reviews and people who own that specific model and best of you can see it yourself.
You can go pay an assload extra for a Samsung or something and find out that specific model uses some cheap AOC screen. Even Sony has put out a bunch of shitty models lately.
TV buying is not a straight forward thing anymore.
>>
>>57333329

I don't know, I would recommend going to your local electronics store and actually looking at the image quality
>>
>60hz

you might as well put a knife on your eyes

its literally the samething
>>
MVA/VA/xVA is preferable over IPShit for a TV. It just looks better in high background lighting, faster response, highest contrast ratio of any panel type except maybe OLED, and best of all its cheaper than IPS because its not a NEET meme panel tech.

I have a reg HD 42" MVA panel I got, was a store display at Walmart of $200. Its great. Fwiw I have a 2k LG S-IPS panel on my main machine, and its good for what I need on my PC, and it looks great. But TV looks better on an MVA panel. I guarantee if you go into a store and look at a wall of eyes, the ones you like are MVA panels. The easiest way to tell if its MVA or VA is to tap the panel, like give its a not to hard rap, poke, whatever, and it should flash black around the impact point for a split second. The shock sets off the LCD crystal for a moment.
>>
Didn't Vizio get bought out by some shitty chink brand earlier this year and their quality dropped significantly?
>>
File: PUBIEeA.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
PUBIEeA.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
55" vizio shitposting station at night
>>
>>57332809
That wallpaper is awesome.
>>
>idiots of /g/ once again proving their idiocy
If you're one of the people who suggest LG because "muh IPS," you're a moron.

IPS is pretty shit for TVs. Every review site on the internet universally praise practically every manufacturer over LG these days for TVs because IPS is just not very good for TVs.

It has the poorest contrast by a longshot, its color reproduction is just not so superior to make a difference over *VA (or even TN in a lot of cases since the vast, vast majority of TVs are 4:2:2 or 4:2:0, but of course none of you retards would know what that means), and LG's input lag isn't even that great.

Unless you care about:
1) Having both HDR10 and Dolby Vision (which is a mixed bag because the contrast sucks so much on non-OLED LG TVs that even with HDR10 and Dolby Vision, the picture quality just isn't that great)
2) Passive 4k 3D
3) WebOS
4) OLED (yeah like anyone on /g/ is going to buy that)

There's zero reason to go with LG over other brands like Vizio or Samsung. Seriously, every single site agrees, from the shit-tier to pretty good tier. Feel free to look up any site. They all agree. Shit-tier sites as dumb as cnet and consumerreports to better ones like rtings or even placebo tier hardcore home theater/audiophile/videophile sites.

Also, if you actually plan on using IPS's strengths, color accuracy + viewing angle for an oversized desktop monitor, you shouldn't be getting the low-end models of LG. The UH8500 series is the lowest you should get (it's the cheapest with 4:4:4 chroma, although, unlike the 9500, does not have a true 10-bit panel).
>>
>>57333569

i regret not going for 4:4:4, the difference in text detail is very noticeable
>>
>>57332809
Hold off until hdr10 is standard
>>
>>57333281
As I mentioned above, if you are falling for the IPS meme, the lowest end model you should get is the 55UH8500, because that is the lowest end that does true 4:4:4 chroma, which is one of the big reasons why real computer monitors seemingly cost proportionally more than TVs, and the primary reason why text looks so much better on the vast majority of real monitors (even TN) than the vast majority of TVs, even at 4k.

Be aware the 8500 uses 8-bit+dithering to get its advertised colors.

The lowest I've seen it go to is $899 about a month back.
>>
>>57333612

Well the consensus on IPS seems to be fairly mixed... I might as well save the 170 and go with the Vizio (VA) instead...

Tight budget at the moment, but I'll likely be making more money next year and get myself a better one.
>>
Is OLED a meme that's going to die off like 3D did? Everyone but LG has already abandoned it, how much longer does it have?
>>
seems fine. the smart tv functionality will be shitty and laggy though, if you want that get an android tv box.
>>
>>57333654
because LG are the only ones who appear to give a fuck about making anything besides the cheapest panels possible and wrapping it in a "premium" chassis with multiple pages of dot point features.

OLED panels are expensive as fuck to manufacture, and normies rarely give a fuck about the quality of the picture like black level and contrast ratio.

It's unfortunate. I couldn't give a fuck about TVs but I would murder to get a nice 27-30" high pixel density OLED display for work.
>>
File: Cq5GoZSUEAAdoqJ.jpg (92KB, 1078x803px) Image search: [Google]
Cq5GoZSUEAAdoqJ.jpg
92KB, 1078x803px
>>57333406
>wanting interpolation that causes artifacting

Glad you can stand that bullshit, I notice it so often, I can't stand to watch a movie on them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.