[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey what is this motor called and does it allways spin a sertain way??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 20161031_201408.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_201408.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey what is this motor called and does it allways spin a sertain way??
>>
gentoo
>>
File: 20161031_201432.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px)
20161031_201432.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Another pic
>>
The coils seem to be perpendicular to the shaft axis? Weird. What do you mean by if spins in a certain way? But guessing by only two visible wires I'd guess it's a standard brushed DC motor.
>>
Or do you mean that is doesn't spin continuously around the full circle but only back and forth in some range? That's a servo then. There is a myriad of way to make a servo.
>>
>>57327322
>sertain, sertan, sirtane, sireting, serialtiner
>>
It comes from a washing machine and it is a ac motor, im almost sertain its a shaded-pole motor but since i have two coils im not 100% sure yet
>>
That's an AC synchronous motor. It spins at a speed determined by the frequency of the AC coming in.
>>
I am about to 3d print a fan for the motor but if the motor can change direction upon start (where on the power 50hz sycle the motor is connected on) the thole point of the motor goes to shit :p
>>
It's a 2 pole, shaded pole motor.

Reason for directionality on startup is the shading poles, they start the magnetic field off in one direction.

Since it's a 2 pole, rpm should be approx 3600 rpm at 60 Hz. I forget the calculation, but you can work it out based on specific frequency to it. You can use a variable resistor to control the speed, my fireplace has one. It's basically the same as most bathroom exhaust fans.
>>
the reason for the one direction is because the quantum electromagnetic force coming from the current leaves in a counterclockwise fashion, instead of normal plate magnets pushing with the magnetic "grain", it uses a diode with perpendicular current pushing the magnets
Energy generation only happens clockwise and one way motor magnets only turn counterclockwise (with the current moving towards you)
>>
>>57327322
it's called a tattoo machine motor
>>
>>57327322
It's called an induction motor and it always spins a certain way because that's the direction the fields are aligned.
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 102x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 102x191px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.