[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installed Antergos Chose gnome Everything was alright except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: EyGOZ7R.gif (1008KB, 479x270px) Image search: [Google]
EyGOZ7R.gif
1008KB, 479x270px
Installed Antergos
Chose gnome
Everything was alright except the inexplicable lack of options - few mouse options, very few window options

GNOME is appropriately named, as the ugly manlet of desktop environments

Also, /GnomeHateGeneral/
>>
>>57319025
That's why you install Solus and enjoy a distro that just werks and doesn't need ricing to look good.
>>
should have installed macOS
>>
>>57319044
I tried Solus on my laptop, but it seems like a desktop DE, everything is too small for my laptop but sized perfectly for use with a real mouse
>>
>>57319067
You could always make everything bigger, there's the option in the side panel.

But you're right, is is a desktop distro first and foremost.
>>
File: 2016-10-30-213447_1366x768_scrot.png (225KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-30-213447_1366x768_scrot.png
225KB, 1366x768px
>>57319025
Man i remember this part of OP's gif
The girls are so cute and yet they are cute OTPs that wouldn't lose since no rivals

Okay focusing on OP:
GNOME is shit and has always been, it doesn't even matter if it's the most developed distro since it makes it have lots of bloat
And i don't know what other DE would you guys like but MATE and LXDE(using it) are pretty good.
>>57319052
Is this a riced OSX?

Oh and posting pic related because of LXDE, good DE, really
>>
K D E
D
E
>>
File: filemanager.jpg (164KB, 2000x776px) Image search: [Google]
filemanager.jpg
164KB, 2000x776px
The biggest problem I have with gnome is the removal of features for no good reason. Take Nautilus for example, on the left is Nemo which is the Nautilus fork for cinnamon. In Nemo there is an option to open a file in another program but with Gnome if I try to do that it changes the default for the filetype. No Nautilus I do not want to change the default for jpgs to Gimp I just want to edit this one fucking picture.
>>
>>57320501
There are some things that gnome does that I do like pic related. KDE does something similar but it throws the windows up ununiformly and it just looks like shit.

Also gnome's extension system is really nice and has a ton of great stuff while KDE has crap widgets
>>
>>57320501
>Numix
You deserve it
>>
>>57319044
>and doesn't need ricing to look good.

nice subjective statement, senpai
>>
>>57319358
LXQT + I3
X
Q
T
+
I
>>
>>57319025
Hyouka is disturbingly dumb.
>>
>>57319025
I started using GTK+ for a while then realize their were memory leaks everywhere and you can't do anything about it.

Seriously fuck gnome devs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.