[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ruby dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (27KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 236x346px
Is ruby dead?
>>
no.

good thread faggot.
>>
>>57315499
right, he's stealing space from the desktep threds and the /consumerism generals/
>>
>>57315493
Depends on what happens with javascript and Rails, but with the way things are going, it's probably going to see a lot less usage. Rails' asset pipeline and the whole way Rails handles javascript is out of date and a huge hindrance to javascript and frontend developers. Unless DHH gets his head out of his ass and submits to his javascript betters, Rails will become a worthless framework, except to people who are already using it. If it gets bad enough, even those people will move away from Rails.

Rails suffering makes ruby suffer because it won't have a unified, popular web framework any more.
>>
Nah, it's not dead.

We're waiting for Ruby3 though, whcih will be there in a few years..

BTW why is Python such a pile of shit?!?

In Ruby I can do this:
print "I saw the letter ´ä´ at the á la carte restaurant.."

In python I have to do somthing like this:
import sys
sys.stdout.buffer.write('I saw the letter ´ä´ at the á la carte restaurant..'.encode('utf8'))

WTF?!
>>
>>57315583

I'm not sure I get what you are talking about?

Of course there's an ongoing debate (and it's been there for ages) about the "computing" getting done at the client or the server.

Some guys think that JS is the second coming of christ and EVERYTHING has to be JS centric and client-logic is super-cool. On the other hand you still have a lot of scenarios, where a thin client makes more sense or is just as good as a SPA.

Also there's nothing wrong with using Rails as an API for RESTful services.
>>
>>57316866
>BTW why is Python such a pile of shit?!?
Encoding isn't the only thing the CPython devs got wrong...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.