[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best RDBMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: microsoft-sql.png (41KB, 364x299px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-sql.png
41KB, 364x299px
/g/, which is the best RDBMS out there?
>>
Postgres

MS SQL Server a shit
>>
Non-Stop SQL
>>
Oracle. Always and forever.
>>
postgres. oracle is bloated and full of features the developers will use to shit up the database and make it a nightmare to manage.
>>
Percona
>>
>>57304231
OP said best, not worst.
>>
postgres. they've already implemented jsonb so if you want to implement nosql you can with pretty damned good speed.
>>
>>57302779
>>57304237
this
>>
>>57304237
>oracle is bloated and full of features the developers will use to shit up the database and make it a nightmare to manage.
You forgot the most important points;
1. it's fucking Oracle
2. they will rape your wallet
>>
File: 1477663881996.jpg (186KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1477663881996.jpg
186KB, 690x460px
>>57302779
>>57304237
>>57304288
>>57304296
>cuck license
>>
>>57302292
In-application I like H2 or HyperSQL.

Postgres if you do traditional client-server SQL.

Hadoop and Spark (and whatever suits you in the backend) are the stars looking forward, though. Fast as fuck, scaleable, flexible and it can be really treated like just a pool of data.
>>
SQLite
MariaDB
Postgres
>>
>>57304231
/Thread
>>
MySQL :^)
>>
>>57302292

There is no "best". Differnt tools for different scenarios.

You have no clue about DBs and want a starting point? --> MySQL

You want a "just werks" DB for a small amount of data? --> SQLite

You want to use what everybody's using nowadays? --> PostgreSQL

You want to use something common, but still look kinda contrarian? --> MariaDB

You want a high paying Job in the Industry? --> Oracle DB

You don't like Oracle but want big bugs anyway? --> MS SQL Server

You don't like MS either but still want a job as DBA? --> DB2
>>
What are good languages for a DBA to know besides sql/oracle?
>>
>>57302779
This is the correct answer. PostgreSQL is great
>>
>>57304313
Some people need databases for work and commercial reasons, not everyone is a neet.
>>
We use Oracle at work and we never had a problem with it. In fact it's maybe the only part of our stack that always just werks. I'm surprised that everyone seems to hate Oracle.
>>
>>57306945

It's not bad, just overpriced and bloated..

>https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/db112/LNPLS/toc.htm
>>
>>57307030
It's expensive because it works well, so people are willing to pay good money for it. Business 101.

And it's bloated because it's an enterprise solution that has to cover lots of different use cases and tons of legacy systems. Enterprise software 101.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.