[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what Windows10 does to people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: shutterstock-293983433.jpg (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock-293983433.jpg
32KB, 800x600px
https://track3.mixtape.moe/pngrgo.webm
>>
Not an issue here on LTSB N
>>
Looks like user error to me. Never had this issue. In fact, I am prompted that updates are ready to be downloaded and only download when I choose to. :^)
>>
>>57302184
osx does the same thing when auto updates is turned on... makes you think huh.
>>
>>57302184
but OP

that's Windows 8/8.1
>>
>>57302301
lol nailed it
>>
>>57302184
Anyone who "renders" video for """work""" on his personal machine is not to be taken seriously.
Plus, he should have just stayed on 7
>>
pacman doesn't have this problem
>>
>>57302301
thats updating to windows 10
>>
doesnt happen on my education edition
>>
>>57302184
As much as I hate Windows, I honestly can't say I've ever seen this happen. I can see how it would be annoying but I gotta think he's done something stupid to have this happen.
>>
"User friendly" OSs now need this kind of auto-update with no other option because if not, retarded normalfags will not update security holes and then blame the OSs maker when his comuter fills with malware
>>
>>57302201
This. Anways, you can just stop updates from being active in services.
>>
>>57302184
How does this happen anyway? You can even turn off windows update completely on 8.1.
>>
>>57302184
>i click postpone every day
>why does it keep reminding me to do the thing i postponed
>>
>>57302184
It did that to me. I disabled the Windows Update service and the "Reboot" task in Task Scheduler under Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator, then changed the permissions on the file for that task under C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator so nobody can write to it, just to make sure Windows doesn't change that back.

>>57302713
>Plus, he should have just stayed on 7
Not an excuse for shitty new OSes. New computers come with this, and it's only a matter of time before you can no longer install 7 or 8.1 on them.

>>57303147
You can't in 10.
>>
>>57303778
That's the point. You can in 8.1 and that webm is 8.1
>>
If Windows could just install updates without needing to restart every time this wouldn't even be in issue. In Linux you can install updates and not have to reboot for the updates to take effect. What's keeping Microsoft from designing a proper OS?
>>
>>57303858
File locking semantics. On Linux, you can delete a file that's in use and it will be left in limbo until it's closed, then deleted from disk. During that time you can make a new file with the same name and it's entirely usable and separate from the old one. Meanwhile anything that was using the old one keep using the old version until they close it.

Windows doesn't have that. It disallows deleting or modifying a file if it's in use. So instead it has to create the new version under a new name, and queue up deleting the old one and renaming the new one on next boot.
>>
>Windows + R
>services.msc
then disable the auto update and any other botnet services like geolocation
>>
>>57302255
Except it never forces you to reboot, and it allows you to disable automatic updates
>>
>>57303778
Clearly you didn't do it right.
>>
>>57302255
>when auto updates is turned on
except Window3s 10 you can't turn it off
>>
>>57304073
There are enterprise versions that get around this
>>
>>57304042
Howso? It announced it was going to restart in 15 minutes days ago, I did that, and it still hasn't restarted.
>>
Just disable downloading updates over metered connections and set your main networks as metered. Problem solved.
>>
>>57304090
so you pay extra for a basic feature?
yes this sure redeems it.
>>
>>57304073
>>57304090
i turned it off without an enterprise version
>>
Never happened to me on W10 pro.

Stop living in a seventh world countries like America.
>>
>>57304120
>implying different countries get different acting Windows

If you let it wake and update at night, and reboot on its own, you will never see these alerts and it will never reboot spontaneously. On the other hand if you leave it computing something for a long period, or simply have something that would be difficult to close and get back into where you were, it can be really obnoxious.
>>
>>57303929
You did a good job explaining Windows is shit but you didn't explain why Microsoft just doesn't make it less shit.
>>
My w10 doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57302184
He is Alex Jones?
>>
>>57304113
>pay for Windows
What?
>>
>>57302184
>tfw when windows made you a racist
Also: Hannah Montana Linux doesn't have that problem.
>>
>>57303778
You can by disabling services such as RPC-related services. Not recommended as it can break things, since a lot of stuff depends on RPC.
>>
>>57302184
>Raging moron won't disable background intelligence service and update service or edit the policies or edit the reg keys
kek
>>
>>57302255
>osx does the same thing
No. First of all you have to enable it, and secondly you can still postpone the reboot infinitely even if you do.
>>
>>57305692
>First of all you have to enable it, and secondly you can still postpone the reboot infinitely even if you do.
those are some big hurdles
>>
>>57303488
If he had pro, it would just download in the background and force the update during the next shut down / restart. Pre anniversary update it can actually be disabled. Assuming you don't want access to the store or Xbox apps.
>>
>this thread
>it's not microsoft's fault they designed the OS to be intrusive as possible and ensure correcting its behavior it is an obfuscated, circuitous affair.
>it's the user's fault for not derezzing the flux capacitor and hacking the matrix to make it not do obnoxious shit by default.
>>
File: 1469867407238.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1469867407238.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>57305803
If you're so much of a retard you can't disable intrusive updates, you don't deserve to have them disabled.
>>
File: Edit.jpg (76KB, 733x349px) Image search: [Google]
Edit.jpg
76KB, 733x349px
>>57305827
>>57305840
>>57305853

Anyone can google how, yet nobody should have to. And even if you're already familiar with modifying services/registry entries to jump through the hoops, you still shouldn't have to.

This shit is indefensible, but you'll try anyway.

Also form a coherent thought before you hit post for fuck's sake.
>>
>>57302184
>https://track3.mixtape.moe/pngrgo.webm
that's windows8 you fucking faggot
>>
>>57304347
Because people are still buying it. And windows have learned from Apple that inconveniencing the users create fans.
>>
>>57303488
>i click postpone every day
>why does it keep reminding me to do the thing i postponed
>I don't like having control over my own PC.
>>
File: desolaoriginal.png (2MB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
desolaoriginal.png
2MB, 1462x1462px
>OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>IM A RACIST
>YOU MADE ME A RACIST

Every time.
>>
This guy is getting very angry about something that barely matters just restart it takes 20 seconds at most unless you have some completely masochistic setup
>>
>>57307600
>in the middle of rendering something

That's why he's mad.
>>
File: tmp_32414-test1623952920.png (95KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32414-test1623952920.png
95KB, 491x500px
>>57305425
Barbarian!
>>
>>57307600
Why should you have fight an operating system you're using and letting it use you? That's what he objects to.
>>
I love that video. Did they take it down from YT?
>>
>>57307777
If he had rebooted it in the first place he wouldnt be having this issue and the updates he is complaining about are likely fixing security holes so they are needed
>>
>>57307860
>the updates he is complaining about are likely fixing security holes so they are needed
The key word is most likely. And if anything actually gets patched is up to speculation. You don't even get changelogs and the best you can do is to assume that ''security'' updates actually do anything.
>>
it wouldn`t be a problem if windows were engineered properly like os x or linux
>>
sc stop wuauserv
sc config wuauserv start= disabled
sc stop BITS
sc config BITS start= disabled
>>
>>57302184
Just change your Active Hour and stop whinning
>>
>>57307860
spotted the shitskin
>>
>>57308089
I'm a white male retard.
>>
>Open Cortana/search, type services.msc

>This opens the Services Management Console. Scroll down and double click on Windows Update. In the dialog box, stop the service and set startup to 'Disabled'.
>>
>>57302184
You can turn the automatic reboots off, in case you really want to use Windows 10.

It's in the group policy options(not for home edition)
>>
>hurr you can fix it durr
The point is you shouldn't have to
>>
>>57302713
> she was asking for it
>>
>>57304347
Windows values backwards compatibility over everything else. They aren't going to change how their filesystems fundamentals because that would fuck everything up.
>>
>>57302184
>hurr durr I refuse to spend literally 2 minutes of my time waiting for my computer to restart so it can install security updates
>>
>>57302184
this is why professionals should buy the BUSINESS PACKAGE
IT'S LITERALLY RIBBED FOR YOUR PLEASURE YOU IDIOT
>>
>>57308301
He's clearly rendering something, possibly something that takes a month to render.
>>
>>57308427
What the holy hell takes a month to render?
>>
Only a "fat" american could get this mad.
>>
>>57308458
One hour 4K video 135 mbits bitrate.
>>
>>57308489
So if he is a professional rendering things like that why are updates set to auto?
>>
>>57308427
>>57308489
You fucking what
Does he still use core2duo or something
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.