[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was promoted to lead QA/QC engineer last week. I should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: feel guy.gif (4KB, 254x305px) Image search: [Google]
feel guy.gif
4KB, 254x305px
I was promoted to lead QA/QC engineer last week. I should be happy/sort of proud of myself, but I never had so much responsibilities in my life, I feel jealousy/bitterness from my colleagues who work at the company longer than me, and I have almost no free time.

My life is basically my work now and I'm not sure if this is what I wanted for myself.

I know that /g/ is the most hardworking and disciplined board, so I wanna ask you - is this really the way to live?
>>
>>57292289
It's one thing to be hardworking and disciplined.
It's another to have no existence outside of your work.

Think of it this way:

Do you work to live, or live to work?
I'd rather not dedicate my life towards someone else getting rich. I work what is needed to provide a comfortable lifestyle.
>>
>>57292289
What I have understood is, that people's live is circling around passion, suffering and things you can never have.
You can't always filter these feelings.
They are all around us.
Movies, music, books.
Man is what it is.
But you can learn to cope with it, accept it and try to change yourself so it hurts less.
I am meditating every night before sleep for 10-15min and try to reflect my day and week.
It was a hard and difficult road, but I am not so hurt anymore and I have made changes in my life that bring me joy.
I hope you can attain it as well.
>>
i thought we agreed on getting broader experience before doing stuff.
>>
>>57292289
I spend around 300+ days a year living in hotel rooms and in transit. I commission various remote sites out in jungles, deserts and other shitty locations. I get see a lot of shitty backwater places and make a lot of money. It kind of sucks doing it for 10+ years though. I have no social life outside the people I spend time with at these remote sites.

All my friends even the ones I thought would die alone have a wife and children now. They envy my life but those occasional visits to Singapore living in those 5 star hotels is not really how I spend most of my time. I guess everyone wants what they can't have.

It seems you don't travel so you should probably find a girl and marry her. Produce offspring and live the family life. It will give you a sense of purpose.
>>
>>57292322
>Do you work to live, or live to work?
Of course I thought I would be working to provide for myself and do whatever is interesting, engaging and really makes me happy. Though now I see that the work requires way too much of my mental energy and I don't have enough enthusiasm left for anything else, even when there's enough time.
>>57292324
>I am meditating every night before sleep for 10-15min and try to reflect my day and week.
Is the meditating/mindfulness thing real or is it some shtick that essentially is just relaxation? I learned from google searches and the Health app that it's nothing more than "being alone with yourself while trying not to worry about problems".
>>57292500
>They envy my life
I can't judge them, your life seems to be much more fascinating than mine - you don't spend 10 hours at the same place every day. Even though you got used to it, those are still very different places and you get too meet new people, which I would actually prefer to having a couple dozen acquaintances.
>>
Normers rooooo
>>
>>57292500
You sound like a smart guy, maybe you should do work that you'd like to do, instead of what your boss wants.

You might create the next Google/Facebook/Tesla.
>>
>>57292289
>is this really the way to live?
for most people, yes, but it sucks; don't be a slave of the system, brother
>>
>>57293300
Meditation is real, but it does require a lot of discipline. "you" don't always want to meditate, but its a bit more then relaxation.
>>
>>57292500
Have you thought of settling down someday in the future?
>>
>tfw educated neet
>tfw no significant skills aside from shitposting on a paleolithic cave wall painting forum
>tfw ugly
>tfw i might die poor and alone

Fug. D:
>>
>>57293300
>I can't judge them, your life seems to be much more fascinating than mine - you don't spend 10 hours at the same place every day. Even though you got used to it, those are still very different places and you get too meet new people, which I would actually prefer to having a couple dozen acquaintances.
When you do it long enough it's just meh. It's on routine. At least I enjoy the the working part. I'm kind of feeling rootless. Everything I own nowadays that I would probably miss fits in a suitcase. I sold my car because the company now provides a fucking car with a driver after I complained about being sent out for so long times my car breaks down from disuse. In the process of considering selling my apartment and just live at a hotel from my bonus point when I'm not out working.

>>57295549
The work is kind of OK. There's like only 1 boss above me and the upper management. The only thing the boss do is telling me when and where I need to go and keep me happy. I kind of lack innovation outside what I do so I'm not suited for some next big thing.

>>57295658
Not sure what the next step would be. I guess joining upper management or something. Finding a social life past 30 once you've lost it is kind of difficult. I can't really spend a lot of time with my real colleagues and finding new friends is really difficult. Getting a girlfriend would probably solve a lot of problems but I'm quite certain few would agree with me spending almost the entire year abroad and not cheat on me or see me as a wallet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.