[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MICROSOFT JUST RELEASED THE UEFI BACKDOORS OUT IN THE OPEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

>Microsoft creates Secure Boot backdoor, leaks golden keys

>Microsoft has created a backdoor in Secure Boot, the security feature designed to ensure that a device can only run the operating system that it is meant to. And, to make matters worse, it has just accidentally leaked the "golden keys" needed to bypass it.

Is microsoft giving in to the FBI?
>>
>>57288532
Source
http://betanews.com/2016/08/11/microsoft-secure-boot-golden-key/
>>
This is old news. They already fucked that up in some update pack ages ago
>>
proof asymmetric can, and NEVER will be effective.
>>
>>57288532
>JUST
>2016/08/11/
>>
>>57288532
>Implying I use Secure Boot in the first place
Who gives a shit?
>>
You guys know it covers the infrared, right? It's not just about having the image not come up on their end, but also to avoid any harmful signals that might occur from the infrared going haywire.

Source: Dropped my phone in the toilet and it started making all kinds of noise. So I covered it and it gets hot now but it's not annoying anymore.
>>
>>57289543
What the hell are you responding to?
>>
>>57289657
LSD man
>>
>>57288532
>implying i use secureboot.
>>
Is there anything that doesn't have a goddamn backdoor?
>>
>>57291134
Give it time.
The only things you would be able to trust will be written from the little guys who are not interested in money at all and adhere to free software.
>>
>>57288532
Can we still buy laptops without an OS? I got my HP with FreeDOS and in the BIOS it says non-Windows system.

Is the future completely fucked?
>>
Would putting tape over the mic really help?
>>
>>57291303
Flash your BIOS
>>
>>57291303

Only for laptops, but who knows, they might start forcing this on stand alone boards, cpus, and video cards, at some point.
>>
>>57291134
My house.
>>
>>57291345
Flash it with what? and why?
>>
>>57288532
>not affecting Windows 7
Nobody cares.
>>57291331
If you do it correctly then yes, try recording yourself while speaking into a taped microphone (or just put your hand/finger over it). If you hear yourself talk then move slightly away from it and repeat. The tape significantly lowers how far you can be heard from, unless you're yelling you won't be heard even while sitting next to your laptop.
>>
>>57291134
Lol, pedo got scared af.
>>
>>57291767
>pedo
fbi pls
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.