[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best E reader app/ program that syncs between android and PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Can't believe I'm asking for help with this one but I can't seem to find a decent one.

I want to be able to upload my ebooks , be able to access them on both PC and android, and they sync. I checked out many apps even kobo so now I'm asking here. What program or app are you guys using for your ebooks?
>>
>>57284512
calibre
>>
>>57286375
another vote for Calibre. Works with everything. It does have that kind of unpolished, open source look to it but given the vast arsenal of features I can overlook that.
>>
>>57284512
I use Google Play Books. It keeps everything synced (how far you've read, bookmarks, etc) and I can upload my entire collection. I think it works with pdf and epub.
>>
>>57286375
>>57284512
anyway i finally got tired of using a dedicated app
and i just use syncthing to sync the ebook directory to my device
>>
>>57286375
>>57286396
wait does it sync what page you are on? HAs to work between both android and PC.
>>
>>57286500
I don't believe so. If you want features like that you'll probably need a commerical app like Kindle or Google Play. Calibre is more an ebook Swiss-army-knife utility but can also function as a reader and sync content between your PC and device.
>>
>>57286500
i know calibre does have a plugin you can use with a reader on android
cant remember the name, it is one of the most famous ones

calibre is a library manager

as i said, i got tired of databases and metadata, and just sync the folder that i manage myself
>>
>>57286535
>>57286531
So how do you guys read? I';m new to e reading and I thought it was easy to sync bookmarks and stuff but apparently not.

Do you guys just remember the page your're on and that's how you read your ebooks?
>>
>>57286596
i just use one ereader to read ebooks
and a tablet to read pdfs

i really dont have any type of bookmarking necessity. that is why i finaly ditched calibre and sync the folder

it werks
>>
>>57286630
Thanks anon, guess I;ll give that a try
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.