[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win10 SpyMeOff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: PLS SPY ME.jpg (108KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
PLS SPY ME.jpg
108KB, 1280x600px
Long story short..I gotta install Win10.
What is the deal with the Win10 "Spying Features", and can they be turned off fully?
Do you recommend Ultimate or Enterprise?
Got some 101 for debloating/despying W10?
>>
>>57284293
>can they be turned off fully?
I don't know about completely, but there's a handy program on github called disablewintracking that takes care of most things.

>Ultimate or Enterprise?
Why would you want enterprise? Are you going to be running a server?
>>
It's basic telemetry shit.
You know those "Report this to microsoft" things when a program would crash? It's just that, but it does it automagically now.
It's one setting to turn it off.

Also turn off cortana because it's annoying.
>>
>>57284332
>Why would you want enterprise?

Wasn't there a thing with enterprise that you can disable updates?
>>
>>57284361
I vaguely recall something like that, too, but I still think Ultimate would be a better fit.
>>
>>57284332
Enterprise is not for servers it's offers more control. Enterprise ltsb allows you to disable automatic updates.
>>
>>57284461
This is what I was looking for.
>>
>>57284361
i believe its that you can turn off telemetry
>>
they can't be turned off fully. it will always phone home
>>
File: I can disable it bro.jpg (114KB, 594x297px) Image search: [Google]
I can disable it bro.jpg
114KB, 594x297px
>>57284335
>>
>>57284293
Virtual machine my man
>>
>>57286605
thats the thing that sucks ass, when did they become full commie why just why honestly.
>>
get peerblock and block all connections phoning home
>>
File: KB3035583.jpg (198KB, 1276x428px) Image search: [Google]
KB3035583.jpg
198KB, 1276x428px
>>57286621

It's a byproduct of making their OS usable on anything from their phones all the way to PCs. Everyone knows Google vacuums everything up so Microsoft wants a piece of this pie. The best way to accomplish this is their golden goose, Windows. So many people use Windows they were sitting on a data mining gold mine that was just too juicy to not exploit, so, here were are today.
>>
>>57286692
whats the point of even fucking doing it, its just retarded hurr imma make money over some google searches, i get the whole sell ip things but what can they even do with it, leet haxor you and send you trojans.
>>
File: win10spy.jpg (2MB, 1016x6848px)
win10spy.jpg
2MB, 1016x6848px
>>57286734
>whats the point of even fucking doing it

Principally - money. I wouldn't doubt that having your OS be a potential spy is also a great cost saving shortcut when it comes to intelligence agencies. There's a reason China and Russia banned Windows 10.
>>
>>57284293
Enterprise is subscription-based (retard) so get Education because it doesn't come with Cortana, last time I heard. Install it in a Virtual Machine and make sure no leakage of information can occur so it doesn't matter if they collect the data from the W10.

I assume you need it for work and not for gayming. Disable internet connectivity whenever it isn't needed and figure out where they keep the log files and delete them before you reconnect to the web everytime. I haven't done any of this but it sounds right to me.

You can't disable the spying. Haha who still believes this shit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.