[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw when /g/ scolded me when i bought my samsung evo ssd hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: nervous[2].jpg (164KB, 960x1231px) Image search: [Google]
nervous[2].jpg
164KB, 960x1231px
tfw when /g/ scolded me when i bought my samsung evo ssd hard drive
tfw i asked for what was a better option?
tfw nobody responded to me

why is the evo so bad? what should i get instead?
>>
a clue
>>
>>57283612
>>
>>57283583
nothing is wrong with them, it is just very mainstream and overpriced.
>>
>>57283583
I hear Crucial mx300's are bretty gud
>>
>>57283583
Stop taking buying advice from Anonymous internet losers you spineless faggot
>>
>>57284047
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2998497/storage/tlc-nand-ssds-the-crippling-problem-storage-makers-dont-advertise.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2782853/samsung-850-evo-ssd-problems.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+evo+problems&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=samsung+850+evo+failure
>>
File: ssd china.jpg (134KB, 580x399px) Image search: [Google]
ssd china.jpg
134KB, 580x399px
>why is the evo so bad? what should i get instead?
its not, at least for most people
as TSL drive it will have really shitty write speed after it uses up its SLC cache.
so you will notice that if you copy 10GB file to it, that after some 2GB the write speed will go to shit

as its not really an issue for most, and always the most important is IO and random read speeds, its a fine disk

but what is kinda bad that tech is so forgiving to some and to others

previous EVO was utter disaster with its issue of terrible speeds on read of old data...
and the attempt to fix it with like 3 firmwares and they not working... clusterfuk
and in the end, likely solution implemented cost owners the lifespam of the ssd with rewrites to prevent lose of charge in TSL cells that caused slow reads

anyway, with large litography on newer drives this issue is not problematic

and so /g/ and reddit and all forgets and keep recommending samsung
while you say kingston, and everyone lose their mind screaming bait and switch, because after great review they changed nand model and speeds were lower... that was like years ago..

anyway
get samsung, they are good and cheap 750
or get crucial, or sandisks, or kingston but check anandtech reviews for the exact models
I kinda lost track of this years ssds, none seems to stick out too much
I own 3 crucials and one samsung
>>
OCZ is good for a boot drive.
>>
>>57283824
850 Evos are some of the cheapest big-name SSDs out there right now
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.