[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lean desk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Is leaning a meme? I've tried everything from bed station to treadmill station to high end chairs to standing desks to rigorous weight training to strengthen muscles and none of it solves the problem of working on a computer all day.

Never tried leaning though. The problem with standing is you get vericose veins and pain in legs. But it seems like leaning disteibutes force more evenly.

Any if you actually used one of these and have a well informed opinion on them? Probably not but you'll act like you do anyway. I didn't read your shitpost. Bye!
>>
>>57281443
>Probably not but you'll act like you do anyway. I didn't read your shitpost. Bye!
could've been a good thread since this is a topic I'm interested in
shame
>>
Seems like a good way to get pilonidal cysts regularly.
>>
>>57281443
Put a motorized dragon dild with a supply of cum lube on it and I'm sold.
>>
File: 1477015777392.jpg (89KB, 574x672px) Image search: [Google]
1477015777392.jpg
89KB, 574x672px
>The problem with standing is you get vericose veins and pain in legs
I was actually interested in getting a standing desk myself for a while from the alleged focus and health benefits. I've heard about the pain in your legs but I figured that's only at first and that you'd get used to it after a while

Are these actual major concerns? Should I throw my idea of getting a standing desk out the window?
>>
>>57281502
Sounds great tho.
>>
>>57281475
I've gotten 3 of these so far driving 9 hours a day for 4 years, any job that requires you to sit down all day will give you pilonidal cysts
>>
>>57281549
some people do okay with it but for comparison sake vericose veins are a well documented issue for people with jobs who have to stand in place all day like security guards and cashiers. that's why the leaning paradigm interests me more.
>>
>>57281475
you realize this would put less force there than at a normal chair?
>>
File: chair_green_bg.png (239KB, 572x758px) Image search: [Google]
chair_green_bg.png
239KB, 572x758px
there's also this thing that looks to me like a better version. everything is fully adjustable on it. it'a not out yet but it looks to be ready soon. it's called leanchair
>>
>>57281701
Looks uncomfy af
>>
File: 1477452096328.gif (398KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1477452096328.gif
398KB, 500x460px
>>57281597
But are vericose veins a serious enough concern to warrant doing away with the idea of a standing desk entirely, or are they a manageable and perhaps even negligible, possible, symptom?

People say that just from sitting down 8+ hours a day, you're opening yourself up to blood clots and a whole array of other problems. I wonder if the issues posed with a standing desk are at the same level of negligibility.
>>
File: 1466026873185.jpg (130KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466026873185.jpg
130KB, 1000x750px
>>57281443
Why don't you guys stay in bed like me?
I could go to my chair and use my 3 monitors gaymansetup but instead I shitpost and watch animu from bed.
>>
>>57281721
looks comfy af to me. it's basically a standing desk with the biggest problem solved.
>>
>>57281777
when i did it my knees and feet also hurt like hell, even with a $100 anti fatigue mat. then the worst part of it was because there's no arm support and your hands are always up on the KBM, your upper back and shoulders are bearing all the load. the pain became excruciating. combined with vericose veins it's a no go but some people do okay with it. i'm also in extremely good physical condition and have time to test these things far more than any other human on planet earth is capable of doing.
>>
>>57281778
I did this for about a year for 10 or more hours each day and developed many problems. it's ideal at first but no good over the long haul.
>>
>>57281818
You never got used to the constant standing even after a while of using it?
I figured you could get used to it like a waiter or bartender gets used to standing around at their job all day. Seems similar enough.

I imagine if I were to use a standing desk, I'd also opt in for a high chair/stool thing so I could also alternate between standing and sitting should my legs ever give out.
Ever thought of doing that?
>>
>>57281955
>I figured you could get used to it like a waiter or bartender gets used to standing around at their job all day. Seems similar enough.

No. A waiter or bartender doesn't stand around all day. They constantly move. Standing desk is more sedentary and less comfortable than just about any other comparable standing job because you're far more locked into position than others because your hands and arms are constantly on the KBM and you must always have your head focused on a monitor. You're always locked into this zombie like pose. There's also issues with how your weight becomes redistributed onto your palms because no arm rest. I had some thick pads on my desk but it's weird.

The only advantage I found to standing desks is it made it easier to NOT use your computer. Because you're not sitting, you don't get comfy, it's easier to just walk away and do something else.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.