[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my s5 dying so fast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-10-28-11-23-12.png (132KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-28-11-23-12.png
132KB, 1080x1920px
Why is my s5 dying so fast?
>>
>>57280852
>Samsung
>>
it's Samsung's subtle way of getting you to buy an S7, silly goy
>>
>>57280862
>>57280874
So Samsung is doing the same shit as apple with planned obsolensence? Buying a new battery would help yes/no
>>
>>57280852
>Android System

>Did you transfer/take any photos recently?
>Are you rooted and using Xposed?
>>
>>57280925
Take better care of your phone. That's the first step if you want to make your phones last for longer than 2 years. Buy a new battery every 3 years or so, but it's not necessary if the battery in your phone is actually good and you don't overcharge your phone constantly. Stop treating your phone like a punching bag, it's a delicate piece of technology, handle it with care. That's all you can do really. Samsung is infamous for this kind of shit, all of their phones go to crap in a couple of years.
>>
>>57280852
Replace the battery.
>>
File: DFFECht.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
DFFECht.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
>>57280951
I transfer photos about every 3 months, probably take or save 5 pics a day. Transferred pics maybe 2 weeks ago.

It's stock android
>>
>clear cache of apps like chrome/youtube/clover
>set screen brightness to auto
>install Nova launcher and set animation speeds to "faster than light"
>install gsam battery monitor
>restart phone
>wait 1 hour and visit gsam to see which apps are using the most battery and either uninstall them or force stop them

I did all this on my S3 and get ~2 days of battery life.
>>
>>57280981
What do you mean take better care of it? Making assumptions about the physical phone based on a screenshot. It's had a nice case and screen protector since I walked out of the store with it, still don't drop it, idk how I could really treat it much better tbhfam. Also

>overcharging
???

>>57280993
I think I will but the phone gets hot too, under completely normal use so I think it's partly a software issue.
>>
>>57280852
>Android
>>
>>57280852
Here are 2 great guides:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-0-0-hour-idle-battery-drain-stock-t2973588
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-extreme-battery-life-t3095884
>>
>>57280951
>>57281032
Android XD
>>
>>57280852
because android and FHD display over what is basically a high speed serial cable
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>57281028

>>overcharging
>???

Overcharging the phone means charging it to 100% and then leaving it connected to the charger. This bad and degrades the capacity of the battery. Likewise completely draining the battery also degrades the capacity of the battery.

>I think I will but the phone gets hot too,

Heat also degrades the battery.

Check which part of the phone is actually getting hot. If it's primarily the battery, your battery is basically fucked and you should jsut get a new one. Check the serial numbers on the back and use google to find good replacements.
>>
>>57280852
I never overcharge my S5 and this ended up happening anyway. Its planned obsolescence.
Uninstalled most battery hogging apps it was still terrible. Rooted and got greenify and it was still shit. Things got significantly better with Cyanogenmod though, at least 3 more hours SOT and 6 in idle
>>
>>57282497

I'm almost positive companies like apple cripple their hardware with firmware/software updates.
>>
>>57280852
so good im getting my redmeme next week and won't need to deal with shit like this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.