[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G Sync at 144hz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: AMD cat girl.jpg (49KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
AMD cat girl.jpg
49KB, 640x960px
I'm about to get a Acer XB271hua (165hz 1440p TN gsync) or a acer xf270hu(144hz 1440p IPS freesync)

I run a gtx 1080 so no freesync goodness for me.

But what I'm wondering is if it's even worth the extra $200+ for gsync AND I lose IPS.

Currently on a 29 inch VA samsung curved ultrawide. Can tell you that curved monitors are a meme. don't want to lose more money over stupid shit.

Anyway, is gsync worth it at such a high refresh rate?
>>
It's nice but not worth the money.
t. fell for the goy-sync meme
>>
>>57279818
what GPU do you have?

is the high refresh enough to hide the tearing?
>>
If you were already memed by goy, why not go full goy?

Going freesync when you have goy is dumb,.
>>
>>57279776
I use the Dell S2716DG and I fucking love it.

Dual 980 Ti's ensures silky fucking smooth frame rate in any game I play.

worth every penny
>>
doesn't 1080p shit look blurry on 1440p?

why even fall for the meme at this point?
>>
>>57282963
was that a gtx 1080 joke?
>>
>>57282913
too late now, already brought the IPS.

If it has dead pixels then I'll return it and get the dell you have or the acer.

how is the dell? is the TN library computer level?
>>
BenQ is GOAT.
>>
>>57284909

any reasons why?
>>
>>57284997
They make excellent 144hz monitors, and they're really good if you play eSports. Unfortunately I don't think they have any IPS models out yet.
>>
>>57285047
well, I've seen it a lot just like people say "g sync is the best"

no one every explains why...
>>
>>57285186
I don't think it is G-sync itself that is best but rather that the G-sync technology is more expensive. Because it's more expensive to make it must be sold at higher prices to have a good profit margin. Since it's more expensive than the competition people expect more from them and manufacturers feel obliged to deliver.

Nvidia is also more on board for the development of the monitor meaning they can make demands to ensure the monitor is good quality so it won't ruin their brand.

Free-sync is a open VESA standard so anyone can implement it as long as it meets the minimum requirements.

In the end neither technology makes a high FPS experience better but makes low FPS ones feel less awful.
>>
>>57285865
welp, the acer IPS is coming tomorrow.

If it has lots of dead pixels or BLB I'll return it and get the g sync one.
>>
>>57285865
How does it make low FPS ones less awful? By scaling the hz with the fps? If that's true I may get one.
>>
>>57286021
I was just speaking in general terms regarding G-sync and Free-Sync. I think people should consider other qualities of the monitor as the main selling point, such as panel technology, resolution, refresh rate and input lag. Sync technology is more of a nice bonus.

This would also be more true for OP as well as he has a gtx 1080 and can get high fps most of the time (tough at some times at the cost of visual quality) and won't get the full benefit of G-sync even if he had it.

>>57286060
Pretty much.
This guy goes over Free sync in more detail but most of it also applies to G-sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83N6mxAuQk

One thing G-sync is superior to Free-sync is that G-sync can be utilized while the program or game is running in border less windowed mode and Free-sync requires it to run in Full screen.
>>
>>57286173
Ah shit, I have penchant for windowed mode to switch between things but fuck the price of g sync.

Is freesync IPS 5ms worth the clarity over freesync TN 1ms?
>>
>>57284479
It's god tier, doesn't even look like a tn till you get nearly to the side of the monitor in view.

I am still surprised it's a tn, the color reproduction is probably the best
>>
>>57285865
Yes but g-sync is literally better. Look it up. Free sync is cheaper because like everything and, it's low quality shit technology
>>
File: 1464661256328.jpg (290KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1464661256328.jpg
290KB, 740x1110px
>>57279776
>>57286260

>not using 4K fast sync
>no HDR
>no 12 bit color
>no YCBCR 444
>>
>>57286260
no it's not you fucking mouth breather, there was a hacker a while back that made it so you can use gsync without the module.

he "disappeared" and his blog went dead. a dead man with lots of money and a shut mouth.
>>
>>57286234
do you know if it has the same panel as the rog swift or the acer predator that I had in the OP?

worth the extra $30 imo for 165hz over 144hz no matter how much of a meme it is.
>>
>>57284479
Dead pixels are the least of your problems when you buy an IPS LED.
>>
>>57279776
>TN monitor

Not worth it, unless you get them for free.

They can't even display all colours fine.
>>
>>57286653
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-aoc-g2460pf-144hz-freesync-monitor-tn-1920x1080-1ms-350cd-m-10001-80m1-speakers-dp-hdmi-dvi-d-sub

So one of these is not good?
>>
File: IMG_20161029_010700.jpg (814KB, 3091x1956px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161029_010700.jpg
814KB, 3091x1956px
>>57286588
The third one I'll be returning now.
>>
>>57279776
Don't get TN, I haven't ever seen one that doesn't look like garbage even compared to cheap IPS screens. Also 144Hz somewhat lessens the need for some sort of adaptive sync.
>>
>>57282913
got mine for just under $700 after Canadian taxes

feels good man
>>
I have an asus rog with gsync.
It does not play nice with multiple monitors, so i would not do it again given the crazy high price premium.
>>
>>57279776
>Anyway, is gsync worth it at such a high refresh rate?
Both G-sync and FreeSync worth if you have FPS less then highest refresh rate and more then a lowest one
I.e. if you want to play in games like CSGO and your FPS constantly at 300 there, then G-sync will work jus like the usual Vsync. Usual Vsync for $200.
>>57286173
Do you know Vsync _shouldn't_ work in windowed mode?
Borderless or not
It's Nvidia's _software_ hack, not the G-Sync technology advantage itself

All I know Microsoft released Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Polaris which adds support of Freesync and real HDR https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt742103.aspx
>>
>>57279776
within our lifetimes we will get sex bots with waifu tier A.I that will look like this, right? I have to believe this, years of coding in solitary, lurking imageboards and going bald have to end on a high note, they have to..
>>
>>57279776
144Hz IPS will be a superior experience no matter what.
>>
>>57279776
>he fell for the high refresh rate meme
i see you're a real fan of fast paced gaming and care little for static imagery such as general computing tasks.

4k 60Hz here and loving every minute of it.
>>
>>57279776
desu fair for that pic. A mediocre APU is all you need to run league.
>>
>>57279776
$400 Free-sync 1440p 144hz IPS, literally no reason to pay for G-sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZR4_gWG4u8
>>
/
>>
With g-sync you also get ulmb which basically makes image sharp as fug even during fast movements. You can't use both at once though.
>>
>>57289130
I got this but acer, only one stuck pixel so far.

I think the green sub pixel is dead or stuck. Pure reds and blue is fine.

No backlight bleed or not very much at all.

If I can fix this one pixel then I'm keeping this.
No goy-sync for me.
>>
>>57291621
Any kind of sync is pointless when at high refresh rates you can't really notice tearing unless you make a conscious effort to focus on it. It's like anti aliasing at 1080p.

I play overwatch at 144hz with ulmb and let me tell you it's like cheating. I do ultra fast 180 swipes with no motion blur that play back the recordings at 60fps on my smartphone it really look suspicious. I receive hackcusations all the time and the only reason why my rank is so high is because I have a technological advantage over others.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.