[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix MacBook Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 40

File: fixed macbook pro.png (217KB, 941x862px) Image search: [Google]
fixed macbook pro.png
217KB, 941x862px
How would you fix the new MacBook Pro?

I think they should have offered a model with only Touch ID and no Touch Bar, with the same specs.
>>
>>57273025
What's wrong with it? It's overpriced but that's about it.
>>
File: real macbook pro.png (214KB, 944x859px) Image search: [Google]
real macbook pro.png
214KB, 944x859px
>>57273129
Those aren't the real specs:

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro
>>
they are ruining their computer business on purpose to focus on services, ios devices and watches
>>
i honestly don't want Touch ID. a lot of courts have ruled that law enforcement can compel you to unlock a smartphone with your fingerprint, but can't compel you to give up your password. as crazy as this legal regime is, that difference proves to be important.

so if i wouldn't use it, then i'm guessing it wouldn't benefit me. and typing a password in with a full keyboard is relatively easy (compared to doing it on a smartphone). so the difference in ease isn't *that* great.
>>
>>57273149
>$ 1 5 0 0
>1
>5
>0
>0
>>
>>57273169
You have to type your password every 24 hours you fucking retard.
>>
>>57273183
hey man there's no need for hostile behaviour
>>
>>57273183
first: no need for that kind of shit

second: so my best hope is that law enforcement takes 24 hours to find my laptop? that doesn't sound promising.
>>
>>57273025
cutting its price by $400, giving it the ability to interact with the iphone without a dongle, and using the earbuds they were so courageous about

Not my problem tho. :^)

>>57273149
xD
>>
Put the magsafe back
Put the HDMI back
Put the function key row back
Touch bar can be removed or placed above or below the keyboard
Replace two of the USB-C ports with USB-A
32GB ram option

Fuck if I know what to do for audio since the MBP has 3.5mm and no lightning but the iPhone has lightning but no 3.5mm. Maybe provide the user with a loaded pistol to shoot themself with
>>
>>57273169
Fingerprints aren't anywhere near as good as a password, for a variety of reasons. Namely because you leave them everywhere.

They're only decent on FDE'd devices. Does macOS even offer that without a 3rd-party application?
>>
>>57273169
Most phone users find it very useful, it's not just a gimmick.
If you have problems with safety just encrypt sensitive files in the OS with a password.
>>
>>57273235
yes, that's why i brought up the difference between typing on a laptop vs typing on a smartphone. if you can't be bothered to read to the end, please don't post.
>>
>>57273197
>>57273214
fucking retards
>>
>>57273224
>32GB ram option

This might happen with the Kaby Lake refresh next year.
The other stuff doubt it.
>>
>>57273224
>tfw got the last rMBP with full feature set (2015), which has enough power to last me for the next couple of years
>>
>How would you fix the new MacBook Pro?

There is nothing to fix, you can't reinvent the laptop every year.
>>
File: ogyi.jpg (68KB, 956x473px) Image search: [Google]
ogyi.jpg
68KB, 956x473px
Prices in Finland are insane
>>
>>57273169
So don't use touch id you little cuck
>>
>tfw last gen mbp were fucking fantastic.
>this years turned into macbook 2.0s

FUCK APPLE. Next computer I'll get will be a X1 carbon or a surfacebook. At least they actually have ports.
>>
>>57273025
Remove the whole MacBook Escape and lower the prices for the others.
Every MBP should have Touch Bar, so that it gets widely supported by third-parties.
>>
>>57273579
don't forget to thank Apple later when everything will be USB-C in 2020.
>>
>>57273579
You should be mad other companies don't push USB c harder. I want my next thinkpad to have all USB c ports fuck the bullshit. Remove the 3.5mm port too Bluetooth is the way to go. And fuck a hdmi or display port. USB c has my back on that yafeelme??? Just let me keep the sd card reader.
>>
>>57273025
>those specs
>that price

>200$ for 256 gb of ssd
jesus fuck
>>
>>57273712
I didn't upgrade because the T460p didn't have thunderbolt 3 usb-c ports.
Oh well maybe next year.
>>
File: applemacbookprosurveyquestion.jpg (19KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
applemacbookprosurveyquestion.jpg
19KB, 600x446px
>>57273025
>a model with only Touch ID and no Touch Bar

Apple does surveys all the time to see if people actually like and are using certain features in their products.
I'm guessing that people will realise they don't want the Touch Bar and it will be removed eventually.
>>
>tfw i was going to sell my slightly scuffed macbook pro to some retard on craigslist for $800
>instead i'm going to put it in a case and get a screen protector to hide the scratch on the bezel and keep it for another couple of years
>>
>>57273762
like Lenovo will replace their proprietary OneLink port and all their docking stations for that.
>>
>>57273527
Seems normal to me, little tax here and there
>>
>>57273025
I'd have kept USB type A, Thunderbolt via DisplayPort, and Magsafe. Made it marginally thinner with the other changes they included on the new model.
>>
>>57273765
Nope, not gonna happen.
Thing is, Windows 10 is perfectly usable with touch. MS invested heavily into one OS for every form factor and it's paying off.
OS X on the other hand will probably never be able to be used for touch without a complete rewrite.

Apple does want a piece of the touch desktop OS pie, and a touch bar is their solution to bring touch to an OS that doesn't do touch.
So, touch bar is here to stay unfortunately
>>
>>57273025
Is it possible to just switch out the top case?
>>
>>57273149
Ok so I don't want to come across like I'm hating here, but I'm genuinely confused.
Shitty cpu, shitty ram, shitty specs tbqhfam, so why is it $2000?
Am I missing something?
>>
>>57273884
Just apple fanboys eating it up as usual.
Shitty specs with an ugly design. Just get a Thinkpad or this new Razer laptop.
>>
>>57273862
>OS X on the other hand will probably never be able to be used for touch without a complete rewrite.
you do realize it's already sharing some GUI frameworks with iOS.
but Apple philosophically doesn't like the touchscreen on desktop:
> A Mac with a touchscreen isn't "particularly useful," Ive said, while Schiller said Apple investigated the possibility of converging iOS and Mac devices but decided against it.
>>
>>57273910
I just don't see Aqua being touch-compliant, ever.
If they do a whole new design, that could be touch-friendly from the get go - but seeing how they do little iterations to OS X over time, I think it's here to stay
>>
>>57273884
>Shitty cpu
latest and greatest current Intel CPUs
>shitty ram
prolly the only Laptop with fast LPDDR3-2133, when others are on slow LPDDR3-1866 like XPS 13 (9360)
>shitty specs
you sound clueless.
do you even know what a business subnotebook is?
>>
>>57273951
Did you mean DDR4?
>>
>>57273951
>t. fell for the meme
enjoy ur 2000 dollar facebook machine.
real professionals buy Razer.
>>
>>57273973
confirmed as clueless.
you don't use power-hungry DDR3/4 in subnotebooks. there's a reason why LPDDR was invented.
also LPDDR3 is more expensive than DDR4.
>>
>>57273951
>Not getting a dedicated GPU in your notebook
>Paying 2k for muh osx

Decent specs can be useful for business, as a GPU can add longevity to the usefulness of the device. Also, macs are literally sold to video editing software users. I'm sure that 4k video in after effects is gonna render nice in speedy in your Intel graphics. Get fucking real you shill.
>>
>>57273025
I want 2 ports more than the specs honestly
>>
>>57273998
Google uses lpddr4.
Just thought Apple usually uses the latest and greatest technology when they do a major refresh.
>>
>>57274032
Intel CPUs don't support LPDDR4.
>>
File: wew.png (83KB, 827x440px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
83KB, 827x440px
>>57274059
:3
>>
>>57274123
retard pls.
obv Intel CPUs suited for a subnotebooks:
Intel Core U-Series, HQ-Series
>>
File: ihavenoface.jpg (73KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ihavenoface.jpg
73KB, 600x800px
>>57274160
I'm kind of struggling to understand your argument, are you saying Apple went with LPDDR3 because it was low power?

I thought the PRO version of the Macbook was supposed to be high power.

:/

I am so confused.

I saw they are using AMD still so it must be true D:
>>
>>57274188
only LPDDR is relevant due to power constraints.
Intel Core CPUs can only address LPDDR3.
>>
>>57274221
I was cracking a joke that if they were really worried about power constraints they wouldn't be fucking using AMD lol.
>>
>>57274188
>I saw they are using AMD still so it must be true D:
let's name the 35W TDP GPU from NV that could beat the Pro 460 and is small enough to fit.
>>
the lack of sd, hdmi, usb anything is a deal breaker for me
>>
>>57274250
When it comes to OpenCL AMD probably has higher perf/watt
>>
>>57273169
>a lot of courts have ruled that law enforcement can compel you to unlock a smartphone with your fingerprint
Gonna have to see a source for that.
>>
>>57274282
It doesn't.
They used it because it was cheaper and smaller.
Nvidia has shit from over a year ago on 28nm with better specs.
>>
>>57273025
That would be a bad idea and show they're not confident in their new product
>>
>>57274378
Got a source? Every editing suite does far better on AMD hardware.
>>
>>57274394
The shit in the Macbook hasn't even been benchmarked yet dude.

I'm going purely by support and power draw.
>>
>>57274408
You can get it with a 460, not sure why you wouldn't when it's only $100 more.
>>
>>57274420
Nvidias shit on a fab twice the size has less power draw, my point was that AMD is not the way to go for low power.

The argument that AMD is lower power than Nvidia is asinine, they used it because it was cheaper and smaller and Aplel are jews.
>>
>>57274430
how about you answer >>57274264
>>
>>57274250
Constant power usage doesn't matter in OS X because of the GPU switching tech

Regular programs will use the Intel GPU and the Radeon GPU will only be on for demanding programs or what the user configures it for
>>
>>57274430
>The argument that AMD is lower power than Nvidia is asinine

Again you're not taking all scenarios into account. AMD does better with OpenCL.
>>
>>57274387
So your saying they should keep the gimmicky Touch Bar that most people don't want just to not look bad.
I think they should admit their mistake and remove it next year or at very least make it optional in all models.
>>
>>57274430
>Nvidias shit on a fab twice the size has less power draw,
What are you trying to say? a micrometer 8051 draws less power than any nvidia gpu too...
>>
>>57274460
>>57274453
It's cool, you wait like 5 years for an update and they still slap a 2nd rate AMD GPU in it, keep on cuckin along macfags, Steve Jobs wouldn't have done this to you.
>>
>>57274513
vocal haters on the internet are not most people
>>
I could live with the new MacBook Pro Escape if it had two more USB-C ports and didn't come with the arbitrary +X00 euros.

I could live with the new MacBook Pro Touchbar if the touchbar is supported in firmware and it didn't come with the artitrary +X00 euros.

Other than that I'm fine with all the other specs and characteristics. Getting mixed signals with the audio jack though!
>>
>>57274522
nice make-believe. that you ignore >>57274264 says everything
>>
>>57274522
>implying I'm not too much of a poorfag to buy a 2000 dollar laptop
>>
>>57274558
>implying poorfags don't buy a new iPhone every year
>>
>>57274522
Not even interested in buying it idiot
>>
>>57274532
They make surveys for verified customer to see if they want it, see >>57273765
And if sales are low and people speak online about the issue they will listen.
>>
I used to love Macbook Pros and a couple other Apple products. But god damn they keep fucking up. I was pretty excited about them finally updating the new Pros, but after today I guess I'm done. Which really makes me sad, because the Macbooks around OS X Tiger got me hooked. They were pricey for the specs, yeah, but they had a great build quality, a great OS, and of course they looked great.

It's sad when a company with a generally good track record you're dedicated to starts to slowly turn to shit, but it happens. And I don't want to be one of those guys that's like "the reason Apple sucks is because Steve Jobs died" but really, is it a coincidence that they started fucking up over and over again when he wasn't in control anymore? I guess we'll never know.
>>
>>57274640
stop talking about your feelings and present reasons behind them.
>>
Hahaha I thought that meme bar was a shoop. Apple is fucking finished.
>>
>>57274344
That's actually legit. It was a big thing during the FBI/Apple pissing contest. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but it was something like you give your fingerprints freely regardless of circumstance, where as your password can be considered self-incriminating testimony
>>
>>57274640
I mean the iphone is completely fucked, the macbook is a shitty one port useless device, the old air is dead... but the new macbook pro isn't half bad
>>
>>57274665
The bar isn't why this laptop sucks. In fact, that's probably the only good thing about it.
>>
>>57273025
include the $25 adapter needed to charge an iphone in the box.
>>
Here's how I would fix it.

Keep the touch bar, but above the already existing function keys.
Keep touch id.
Remove disgusting branding on the screen.
Make track pad smaller and instead use that space for a real keyboard (as real as chiclet can get).
Keep magsafe 2, or make magsafe 3 with quick charge or whatever.
4 USB-A 3.1
2 Thunderbolt 2/MDP
1 SD slot
Headphone jack
1 HDMI port
1 USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port
Keep the thickness, add better battery cells.

There, I fixed it. It should be a fucking professional model, professionals use ports.
>>
>>57274659
To answer your question, OP, I guess I would remove the gimmicky touch bar that nobody wanted. I'd stop focusing on making the thinness and screen quality of the product a priority; while also focusing on making a well-built machine with modern hardware, not the outdated, overpriced shit they're putting in the Pros now. And I'd put a stable, quick OS on it.

Basically I'd do what Apple's been doing for the last 10 years with the Macbook Pro.
>>
>computer over a thousand USD
Holy shit
>>
>>57274221
Again, this is not true.
>>
>>57274685
I guess if you compare it to the iPhone, the Macbook, all the other shit Apple has been fucking up for the past couple years, it isn't horrible. But looking at the new Pro, the specs really are hardly better than the previous generation base model. Which hasn't been updated in years! And to add on that, it starts at $1500. Which, to me, is just too much.
>>
>>57274673
>your password can be considered self-incriminating testimony
Are you a lawyer, or have you studied 5A jurisprudence? My impression is that it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. The 5A doesn't prevent a bunch of other compelled incriminating actions, and compelled production of passwords may eventually survive 5A scrutiny at SCOTUS as well.
Prohibitions on compelled self-incrimination predate the bill of rights, and were intended as a measure to limit torture, not as a general privilege of the accused to conceal evidence.
>>
>>57274735
let's name the 28W Skylake U-Series 2+3e chip that can
>>
>>57274717
>Keep the touch bar, but above the already existing function keys.

This isn't a bad idea, i would just keep it turned off.
But i still don't like that i have to pay for it though.
>>
>>57274765
>trying to sound intelligent
>still can't figure out how to use google
I'm not here to spoonfeed the info to you, go look it up like a big boy
>>
>>57274717
Europe passed laws about moving towards standardized ports. It's the whole purpose of USB-C. The ports are omnibus... The technology is a bit bleeding edge though. The iphone they built is kinda fucked up though.
>>
>>57274814
>google is my lawyer
>my hopes are on untested case-law
top kek

feds will just raid you when you use it anyway
>>
>>57273765
You can also give them feedback on their site.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html
>>
>>57273025
How will the new GPU's in the higher priced models affect hackintoshes? Will my 4gb 460 finally get OOTB support?
>>
File: meep.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
meep.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
AMA
>>
File: 1476658843913.png (74KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
1476658843913.png
74KB, 500x656px
>>57275460
Why does this product exist?

No memes, I mean this in the purest, most straightforward way.
>>
>>57275495
If you're talking about the new MBPs...

Profit. Profit margins. It wasn't hard for us to make the dynamic function row. Sure, it took a little bit of software development and enhancements, but that wasn't difficult.
>>
>>57275512
is there any chance of a 15" MBP without the touch row thing? i have a pair of 15" rMBPs (2012 and 2015) that i figure i could sell as some rare item or something
>>
>>57275460

Aren't you from the watch team or something? I was talking to some employee here awhile ago
>>
>>57275536
No. The 15" hallmark is the dfr
>>
>>57275553
so in theory i could sell them in a few months for a surprisingly high resale value. got it.
>>
>>57275548
I'm not from the watch team. They're definitely autists though.
>>
>>57275512
>dynamic function row

But it's bad at everything, gives no tactile feedback and it spits in the face of every developer who uses vim. Also, how do you expect blind or other visually impaired people to use it?
>>
>>57275512
what would happen if i plugged an 87W AC adapter into each USB port? would the laptop charge faster? would it overheat and explode? would it just pick one port and charge from there?

i need to know right now.
>>
>>57275571
That was my gripe earlier. We gave this whole video demonstration of accessibility. The dfr has voiceover and zoom support, however. I'm not entirely briefed on how it will play into accessibility, but I am personally excited to see it take part. Disabled people have a shit ton of money to throw around on technologies
>>
>>57275578
We've done it in labs, obviously. We tested every possible instance of USBC nightmares up to but not excluding massive daisychains. We haven't had the Samsung-effect.
>>
>>57273165
>they are ruining their computer business on purpose to focus on botnets
>>
>>57275561
Refurbs will continue to offset the post-purchase market
>>
>>57275603
no i'm not that worried about explosions. i'm more interested in hearing if the laptop would charge faster if i plugged it in to two power sources. or three or four.

if i could do a sort of Tesla supercharge thing with my laptop that would be really compelling. like i'd be willing to move up my laptop upgrade for that kind of shit.
>>
>>57275620
No. No supercharging related to your question.
>>
>>57275641
you guys fucked up. you know that? you fucked up real bad. you done fucked up this time for real.
>>
>>57275647
I get paid next Thursday.
>>
>>57275657
yeah but is that going to fill the gap in your soul from knowing that someone else on 4chan who lives within 30 minutes of you is disappointed in you?

is it?

IS IT?!
>>
>>57275681
Which city? I'm sorry bby. Want 15% off the laptits?
>>
>>57275696
>Want 15% off the laptits?

Yes I would. That's all you get? I thought you guys got 50% off two devices every two years or something.
>>
>>57275696
stanford. i'm not really in the market right now, and i get a student discount, which is ~10% anyway, isn't it?

do you really only get 15% off? you'd think they'd just give you a free laptop whenever or something. it's $3000 max and if you've been around for a year or two then they could consider that a benefit or something.
>>
File: 1477286837731.png (331KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1477286837731.png
331KB, 500x530px
>>57275460
What's the schedule like for spec updates or (if applicable) a price reduction on the new mbps?

What is happening to the rest of apples mac lineup?

Why the move away from professional use-cases and components?
I thought that was apple's schtick, having capable hardware that professionals would want and use, and college kids/everyone else would look to as evidence of their good choices in purchases.
On the subject of the college market, aren't the new mbps a bit out of that particular range?
Is the idea that the base 13 inch has been superseded as a brand ambassador of sorts by the iphone?
>>
File: donglegate.jpg (50KB, 991x603px) Image search: [Google]
donglegate.jpg
50KB, 991x603px
uhhhhhhhhhh why do we need so many dongles
>>
>>57275460
How is the keyboard? How useful is the new touch bar?
>>
Price for the base model in UK is £1449, at current exchange rates this is about $2130. Fucks sake. Then again, take off VAT and that becomes ~$1480. I'm still tempted by the base model. 2 Thunderbolt 3 covers pretty much all my usage scenarios, touch bar is a silly gimmick and the base model actually has a slightly larger battery.
>>
>>57275724
>>57275733
15% is for friends and family. We get more for personal use.
>>
>>57275767
BLACKED
>>
File: donglegate2.jpg (90KB, 636x580px) Image search: [Google]
donglegate2.jpg
90KB, 636x580px
for what purpose
>>
>>57275769
I like the 12" MacBook keyboard. New models have the same feel with a teeny bit more travel and clicky feel. We have mech keyboard enthusiasts at work and we've tried to recreate the keyboard feel using dome switches. It's not entirely mechanical keyboard feeling, but it feels great. It certainly takes an adjustment period when someone is coming from the older chiclet keys with more travel.
>>
>>57275767
because you're obsessed with it? if you have a desk with monitors you plug one cable in — the one that your monitor has — and it powers your laptop while also providing access to other USB peripherals *and* getting 4k video driven all on that one cable.

this is the most consolidated and most standardized that laptops have ever been. Apple is pushing USB Type C more than any other manufacturer out there. i wouldn't expect anything less from zealots but this sort of panic attack.
>>
>>57275788
>searching through the apple store for USB adapters
jesus christ, it's like /g/ literally is just winbabies who need to be spoonfed
>>
Wonder what the educational discount is in the UK. Was 14-21% IIRC but not sure if they are going to hold out on including new MBPs for a quarter or 2.
>>
Marketing teams command the company.
>>
File: tim cook.jpg (367KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tim cook.jpg
367KB, 1000x750px
>>57275460
Send a link of this thread to Tim Cook so he can see what an ass he made of himself.
>>
>>57275924
Who do the marketing teams listen to?
I've heard walt mossberg is one of their primary considerations.
>>
>>57275806
>Apple is pushing USB Type C more than any other manufacturer out there.

So why doesn't the iPhone use a USB C port?

Every other PC/Cell manufacturer has been releasing USB C since at least a year ago.
>>
Anybody here tried buying a Macbook using an employee discount?
>>
>>57275571
>uses vim
>hasn't already remapped the esc key
What is the fucking point of vim if you have to reach all that way for such a common function. That shit is what M-x C-இ C-Ѭ is for.
>>
>>57276024
way to pick that nit, buddy.
>>
>Apple release a laptop with 4 USB Type C ports
>/g/ still hates it
Never change, /g/
>>
I love how thin the new bezels are. overall the design is still pretty solid.
>>
Cut the price in half - they'd still make 20% profit on the fucking things which is more than enough for any company to thrive let alone one with $200+ billion in cash reserves stocked away outside the US because they're greedy scumbuckets that won't return the money and pay taxes on it like a responsible AMERICAN company should.

Fuck Apple, hard, deep, in the ass with a frozen hockey stick, twice.
>>
File: 112737474794964.jpg (93KB, 802x842px) Image search: [Google]
112737474794964.jpg
93KB, 802x842px
>>57275924
Any info on the electric car that Apple is designing? Or is it top secret shit?

Would love to see Apple vs Tesla, do you think Apple is capable to build a good car?
>>
is the iPhone going to adopt USB Type C in the foreseeable future?
>>
>>57276177
>Cut the price in half
that's not how it works anon.
>>
>>57275548
Do you know Ron from the MacBook 2015 team? He showed me MacBook Air prototypes once, they have black plastics on the bottom.
>>
>>57276198
If you'd paid attention, Apple already dropped that shit.
>>
>>57276229
source?
>>
File: standardization.jpg (51KB, 677x537px) Image search: [Google]
standardization.jpg
51KB, 677x537px
>>57276119
>claim everything is now standardized
>apple's own product doesn't use type C

Damn, I sure love needing another dongle (bought from Apple's store - $19) to connect my iPhone!
>>
>>57276243
not him, but this isn't secret.
>>
>>57276247
can you name a laptop that's more aggressive about pushing the USB type C spec?

any laptop with more than 4 ports.
any laptop that has 4 of these ports and no other obnoxious proprietary shit.

anything?
>>
File: 124125235464.png (830KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
124125235464.png
830KB, 792x792px
>>57276253
What went wrong though?
>>
>>57276273
honestly dude these articles speculate about all this shit. learn to fend for yourself. if you've read any of these articles and you still have questions, then post those questions. otherwise stop.
>>
>>57273469
still using my mid 2009 mbp on a daily basis. you did the right thing.
>>
Why is the trackpad so large?
>>
>>57276308
they literally said it's so that gestures are easier to do.
>>
>>57276262
No other laptop manufacturer (thankfully) is stupid enough to completely push type C ports and remove everything else that 99.99% of people are using right now.

What if you want to connect your iPhone 7 to your new MacBook? You can't without buying a type C to lightning cable, because they don't include one in the box.

Why would you force your customers to use two types of connectors in both your main hardware systems?
>>
File: ship-of-theseus2.png (372KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ship-of-theseus2.png
372KB, 1366x768px
>>57273025
Ship of Theseus. Swap out every component with those of a Thinkpad and reassemble.
>>
>>57276314
>nobody else is stupid enough to push a consolidation to a single standard for I/O ports

you zealots sure are committed, i'll give you that.
>>
>>57276334
Almost forgot step 3:

>install gentoo :^)
>>
>>57276311
jesus they do. at 47 seconds in:
>The larger force touch trackpad now provides an expansive area for a whole range of gestures

they *literally* say exactly why they made trackpad so large.
>>
>>57276336
>Apple 'pushing' for single standard I/O ports when their latest iPhone 7 isn't using it.
>Not just forcing people to buy dongles to connect their hardware

The Apple jew really got to you it seems.
>>
File: poll.png (64KB, 650x611px) Image search: [Google]
poll.png
64KB, 650x611px
>>57274532

https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/27/poll-macbook-pros-what-model-should-i-get/
>>
>>57276360
is someone screenshotting this shit so when lenovo announces an all type C laptop in a few months and you faggots slobber all over it you can be forced to deal with it?
>>
>>57276383
Thank god my android phone has a type-c connector, then.

Too bad the people who buy the new MacBooks will have to wait a year for the iPhone 8 to potentially have type C.
>>
>>57276273
Creating a car is really, really hard, not only in terms of engineering and R&D but also supply chain and logistics.
>>
>>57276434
wait so what's your complaint? that hypothetical users who follow exactly the use case you describe will be upset?

i have an iphone and i think i've only plugged my iphone into my laptop two or three times, to test some stuff via xcode. otherwise my phone has always plugged in to AC adapters that i have all over the place.

don't worry about iphone owners. your insane, contrived use case doesn't apply nearly as broadly as you seem to think it does.
>>
>>57276452
Nah, dude.

I'm just bamboozled over your initial claim that Apple is standardizing the I/O industry by making everything type-C when they themselves are mixing their connectors in their hardware.
>>
>>57273025

* Touch bar ABOVE function keys, NOT instead of.

* Go back to the case design that people could open and upgrade. I'm tired of "thin thin thin light light light." It's not a fucking runway model.

* Lower the fucking price.

* All models should have 16GB upgradable to 32GB.

* Models should START with 512GB SSD.

* Put back my fucking ports: MagSafe, at least two old style USB, Ethernet, at least one old style Thunderbolt.

* Where's my fucking SD card slot?

* Where's my fucking Kensington lock slot?

The more I think about these MacBooks, the more I'm kind of pissed. I certainly won't be buying one. Sticking with my 2011 MBP. IF I upgrade it will be to the last non-Retina MBP.

Also: the $1500 "entry level" model with no ports and no touch bar ($1900 if I configure it to match my existing MBP) has a GeekBench score that's just barely above my 2011 Mac. Moore's Law is dead. WTF would I upgrade? To lose features?
>>
>>57276506
were you expecting a launch event where everything got refreshed today? should i be sorry that nonsensical scenarios didn't play out today?
>>
>>57276583
you can

have line breaks

without empty lines

between the line breaks

dumbass
>>
>>57273910
>sharing some GUI frameworks

iOS *** is *** OS X, compiled for ARM with a few extra frameworks. As in literally.

>>57273862
>MS invested heavily into one OS for every form factor and it's paying off.

Anyone using Microsoft SpyWindows 10 is a fucking cuck. I don't care if they ship a Surface Pro with a mouth that sucks my dick. I wouldn't have anything to do with their shit.

If Apple pisses me off enough it's Linux time.
>>
>>57276610

I

empty

lines

so

suck

muh

dick

(unzips

fly)
>>
>>57276632
i guess we'll never know what you wanted to say because you're a wordy little bitch
>>
>>57275571
>uses vim
I hate this argument.
A very small subset of people use vim.
A TON OF PEOPLE USE FUNCTION KEYS.

What, you think only vim users use the top row? Come on now...
>>
>>57273951
CTR pls stop.
>>
>>57273025
slightly thicker (maybe 0.1 or 0.2mm)
proper heatsink so it doesn't throttle at all under full load
no touch bar bullshit
kabby lake
gt 1050m (no amd bullshit)
put the power button where it was on the older macbooks, and put touch ID on that.
the older non retina trackpad and keyboard
1 standard usb type a port
maybe an sd card slot. I pretty much never use it, but some people do.

Oh and don't make the price so crazy (but still realistic)
13":
$1300 for a 256gb i5 (base model)
$1500 512gb ssd i7 (dual core)
15":
$2000 i7 quad, 256gb ssd, 16gb ram
$2500 i7 quad, 512gb ssd, 16gb ram, gt 1050m
$3000 i7 quad, 1tb ssd, 32gb ram, gt 1050m
>>
>>57276640
the uses for function keys (media, volume, etc...) are all arguably enhanced with this function row. the reason the vim argument is so compelling is that the escape key is simple and gets used a lot by the people that will miss it. i use the function keys as well, but not nearly as much as i use the esc key.
>>
>>57276756
I use the ESC key plenty of times, and most text editors which are not Vim use the F keys really often.
>>
>>57273025
lol, I just took a look at r/apple and they are disappointed with the apple keynote. And what the fuck is up with those prices? jesus christ. I hate to say this but M$ was far better this year than apple.
>>
>>57276771
>most text editors which are not vim use the F keys really often
like what? and in what context?
>>
>>57276773
>M$
thanks for reminding me to add this to my filter to exclude edgelords
>>
>>57273025
These stats were available in like 2013 with exception of ports. How do they get away with this nonsense? These are pathetic compared to offerings by Dell and ASUS.
>>
>>57276380
Sheep are waking up.
>>
>>57273025
those are actually pretty cheap prices if you are capable of managing your own finances like an adult instead of a helpless imbecile
>>
>>57276907
Price should match the specs to justify the purchase. Just because you have disposable income doesn't mean you shop like an idiot.

You can get superior laptops from Dell at less cost.
>>
>>57273245
Not an argument
>>57273579
They do this all the fucking time, there's no such thing as an up-to-date Apple product. They're just like Microsoft, they don't innovate or create, they just market and jew for money.
>>
>>57275460
why would you post a pic of the macbook and not the pro
>>
>>57276941
>>57276941
>You can get superior laptops from Dell at less cost.
except you can't because their build quality sucks. just buy a macbook pro, use it for a month, and return it if you're honestly dissatisfied.
>>
>>57275460
Apple is only big in US due to celebrity hype and the fact that burgers are dumb fucks by nature.

Rest of the world, people only buy Apple products for luxury and status symbol, which is handful of rich people as most are middle class and make do with Dell/Android devices.
>>
>>57276941
with a dell you're buying a computer, and it's not even that comfy to use.

with an apple product, you're buying the os, the user experience, the build quality, and the computer. as a former anti-apple, pc fan, i will concede that there is a difference, and it matters to a lot of people.
>>
>>57276959
what are you replying to?
>>
>>57276954
X1 build quality is shit? I would believe if you said Panasonic or authentic Japanese made laptop. Apple and Dell both get their shit from China, probably the same supplier. Difference is aesthetics and the logo for which you pay the "Apple Tax".

So I can't see a valid reason to buy Chink shit for double the price to impress other people.
>>
>>57276959
`>>57276959
>Apple is only big in US due to celebrity hype and the fact that burgers are dumb fucks by nature.
apple is big in the entire world, fucboi. get your facts straight before posting
>>
>>57276970
>implying chinese build quality is as bad as it was in the 1970s

in china you get what you pay for just like anywhere else. if you pay for shit, don't be suprised when they give you excatly what you paid for. if you pay for quality stuff, don't be suprised when you get exactly what you paid for. chinese people aren't trynig to fuck you over, they're just doing the business you asked for
>>
>>57276970
>le apple tax meme

you're memeing too hard.
>>
File: tidus.jpg (28KB, 475x343px) Image search: [Google]
tidus.jpg
28KB, 475x343px
>>57273025
>four thunderbolt 3 ports

What am I going to do with those?
>>
>>57277001
they're USB ports, retardo
>>
>>57277001
yeah i know right. all my shit is usb, i have a shitload of midi controllers and audio equipment.

won't be buying this release of the rmbp. my 2013rmbp 15" is still rock solid, and fast as a fat dude's diarrhea after eating mexican food from an arizona truck stop
>>
>>57273025
it looks like a fucking regular macbook, is the keyboard going to be that same garbage too?

is apple making these worse model by model on purpose?

2007-2010 models were the best
>>
File: aplel.png (97KB, 335x821px) Image search: [Google]
aplel.png
97KB, 335x821px
>>57273173
In italy they don't even sell the one without touchbar.
Instead we still have this shit for 2299 €.
>>
>>57277028
>living in italy
hahahahah
>>
>>57277032
Prices are pretty much the same in all europe, in germany they are 50 € cheaper for example.
The 1799 USD one is 2799 € here and a fuckload of retards will buy it anyway.
I find this shit hilarious, especially when there is the dell XPS with pretty much the same hardware for sale at ~1500 €.
>>
File: ss (2016-10-28 at 06.04.36).png (67KB, 300x890px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-10-28 at 06.04.36).png
67KB, 300x890px
Fixed
>>
>>57276977
Over 40% of smartphone users use iOS in the US.
Under 20% of smartphone users use iOS in Europe.
It's big, but not as big outside the US. People tend to smarter the fuck up when you cross the ocean.
>>
>>57277001
Buy Apple® Certified Thunderbolt™ accessories to connect them to all your re-existing devices, my dear goy!
>>
>>57277148
i'll take 'stats you pulled out of your ass' for 500, alex
>>
>>57277148

>UK got memed into brexit
>Smart
>>
>>57277158
Two google searches, I'm sure your apple smartphone has an internet connection with your locked carrier and limited data.
Stop being a fucking babby and look it up yourself.
>>
>>57277165
ah, yes, google. the information retrieval company that sends you information based on your search history, so you always stay in your comfy fishbowl listening to the echo chamber resonate
>>
>>57277172
ah, yes, the linux freedom shill. i bet you're sending this amazing reply to me from your ThinkPad T420™ with your gentoo/arch installation, anime wallpaper and riced out Firefox browser with noscript and all that weird shit that probably makes the internet look like a kid trying to open his new .html file he tried to edit for the first time. have fun searching one simple thing and waiting for whatever the fuck search engine you use to return you an answer after 10 seconds.
>>
>>57273025

I want a bulky, thicc, very powerful and nicely cooled macbook pro that I can open to replace components if I want it to. It should be a "manly" product for developers and professionals who doesn't care about weight or fashion. And I want it for yesterday.
>>
>>57277188
Nigger you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>57273951

>business subnotebook

>emojibar
>>
It's a good kind of feel.
>>
>>57275460
>https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/nvidia-job-postings-suggest-an-nvidia-chip-return-to-apple-macs

They are working thogether right? They are working on Nvidia for mac pros right? This will be the saviour of pros for me minus kaby lake. Also, any plans to upgrade to kaby lake? They are small and energy efficient.
>>
File: w700ds1.jpg (75KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
w700ds1.jpg
75KB, 600x471px
>>57277192
There's nothing manlier than a 2 inch thicc 11 pound laptop with a slide out screen and a drawing tablet in the palm rest.
>>
>no USB
>no HDMI
>Toy bar
What the fuck
>>
File: 1448240634901.jpg (43KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1448240634901.jpg
43KB, 490x490px
>NO SD CARD SLOT

WHY?
>>
>the touch bar gimmick is real

oh wow

just call it the macbook consumer

>TWO DIFFERENT SHADES OF GRAY
oh wow
oh wow
oh wow
>>
>>57277408
To piss off photographers.
Apple goal the last years has been to alienate pro consumers.
>>
>>57277408
This. Surprised people haven't made a bigger deal about this. I get the fuss over the lack of old USB ports but at least USB C/Thunderbolt or whatever they're calling it is the future. As far as I know nothing has replaced SD cards so you are definitely going to need an adapter. I get why they took all the other ports out (even though I don't necessarily agree with it), but I don't get the lack of the SD card reader on a "pro" machine, especially one used by a lot of photographers.
>>
File: 1453222225875.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453222225875.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>57277408
because of bravery.
>>
>>57277408
>storing your own data
>not paying for premium icloud use

wow it's like you want apple to go bankrupt!

>inb4 some luddite actually leaves the range of starbucks wifi
what are you taking pictures of? trees?
luddites
LUDDITES
ITS 2016
JUST CARRY AN ADAPTER
THAT'S THE MODERN THING TO DO
>>
>>57273951
>what is kaby lake
>>
>>57273149
Can someone explain why the $1500 model is so underpowered compared to the $1800 for just $300 more?
The entry model should be at $1000.
I think they made the entry model underpowered and expensive on purpose so people wouldn't buy it and have to buy the one with the gimmicky bar.
>>
>>57276756
>vim
>escape key

You don't already use caps (doubles as ctrl with karabiner) or ^[? enjoy rsi
>>
vir/g/ins being idiots again.
You're paying for the top tier cutting edge DESIGN.
>>
File: nikon-4d-dslr-ethernet-01.jpg (115KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
nikon-4d-dslr-ethernet-01.jpg
115KB, 570x570px
>>57277449
part of the problem is that pro DSLRs aren't using SDXC anymore anyway. they're either using CFast or XQD (or maybe CF and SDXC together).

this is all a bullshit argument because the MBP line hasn't been exclusive to serious professionals since ever, so it *should* have made some effort to appeal to mid-range photographers (e.g. people shooting with an 80D or 6D on the canon side, or the nikon counterparts which probably use SDXC), but for literally anyone taking photography seriously these are null points — carrying an adapter isn't a big deal compared to the lenses and other gear you'll be carrying.

in my experience the more likely use case for having my camera and my laptop is for tethered shooting. the type C standard would fuck up my workflow somewhat, but not much — i would need to get some mini-USB to type-C USB cables — but there are other issues; real pros use top end bodies that have ethernet ports in them because shooting RAW files at those resolutions will produce enormous files. the setup that this laptop calls for is a little gnarly (a type C ethernet adapter, or a router maybe?), which is frustrating. but then again this has been the proposition with the rMBP for a while now.

i can imagine a lot of P&S enthusiasts are bummed about not having an SD slot anymore. my DSLR uses SD cards and this wouldn't be that big a deal to me, so i suspect you're blowing this out of proportion for other pros (unless you're a pro and this development is killing you, but i doubt that).
>>
>>57277498
>I think they made the entry model underpowered and expensive on purpose so people wouldn't buy it and have to buy the one with the gimmicky bar
>>
>>57276970
When tech ``geeks'' talk about ``build ``quality'''' in laptops they're talking about tactile feelies, not durability or anything

>can i feel the case flex?
>does it make noise?
>does it feel cool and solid?

The screws could be made of cheese and strip if you didn't use the exact driver bit needed and a somewhat thick block of smooth aluminium would still save it

The chassis could snap the mainboard and shatter the screen with the slightest flex from inpact but a slight bit of heft would make it sublime

Macfags are like motorcyclists who ride chopped up cafe racers and choppers that still have their stock engines and carb settings but with K&N pod filters in terms of attitude. Shit machinery aside, it sure feels like some cool stuff!

>i-i-it's a work of art

>>57277523
>my laptop is less functional
>oh well big deal

yeah, big deal, solving this problem is as simple as buying a better computer
>>
>>57277534
>yeah, big deal, solving this problem is as simple as buying a better computer
i said more than that hyperbolic kneejerk because there's a lot more nuance to it than you seem to need. if you can't read the whole post or can't understand it, just don't engage buddy.
>>
>>57277523
The vast majority of pro photographers use the aforementioned cameras.
Have you ever seen a wedding photographers taking pictures with a medium format hasselblad or phase one? I surely don't.
Removing SD slot is fucking retarded just like it is not having a single USB type-A port.
You are just alienating yourself from the rest of the world because no fucking one uses USB type-C.
>>
>>57277588
it depends on the shoot. if you're talking weddings and portraits, the 5d4 is common and you see people shooting CF/SD, with RAW going to the CF card and JPEG previews going to the SD card. if you're shooting sports, it's often a 1d series, which has the same deal (CF/SD, with RAWs going to the CF card).

i never brought up medium format so i'm not sure why you're accusing me of claiming that's what people use.

removing the SD slot is unquestionably a loss, but like i said before, you and others here seem to be melodramatic about the cost that this represents to people shooting and (quickly) viewing photos on their laptops.

i shoot for money occasionally (but it's not my primary career) and you all seem to be complaining about this more than i would if i actually owned the thing. maybe it's some sort of victim complex shit or maybe i just don't like complaining about stuff, but in the world of things that could make my workflow untenable, this barely registers.
>>
>>57273712
How about being given the choice to install whatever modules you want?

I'm thinking of the thinkpads where you can replacr the optical drive with a second HDD in a caddy
>>
File: eyefi mobi pro.png (56KB, 166x218px) Image search: [Google]
eyefi mobi pro.png
56KB, 166x218px
>>57277408
Modern cameras have wi-fi and bluetooth.
Old cameras can use wi-fi SD cards.
>>
File: 1470915469869.png (185KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1470915469869.png
185KB, 500x644px
>>57273149
>$1500
>for a computer worth sub $600
>>
>>57273224
>Fuck if I know what to do for audio since the MBP has 3.5mm and no lightning but the iPhone has lightning but no 3.5mm
You just know there are going to be some retards buying this then angrily tweeting when they realise they can't even plug their iPhone 7 into it without buying a new USBC cable.
>>
Everyone seems to be super concerned over the touch bar and ignoring that the MBP now uses the no-travel keyboard from the Macbook. How is that not the real dealbreaker? It's the worst keyboard in existence.
>>
>>57277498
>I think they made the entry model underpowered and expensive on purpose so people wouldn't buy it and have to buy the one with the gimmicky bar.
They do this all the time now, it's like the 32gb iphone 7.

They purposefully fuck up the low end to force you to buy the REAL baseline which is the mid tier
>>
File: timfuck.jpg (134KB, 1250x431px) Image search: [Google]
timfuck.jpg
134KB, 1250x431px
Guys guys, I've actually found a good use for the touch bar and also figured out how to save the MBP
>>
>>57278008
Love how they emphasised that it was V2 of that awful design to trick people into thinking they'd fixed it (bet it still sucks)
>>
>>57273233
>Does macOS even offer that without a 3rd-party application?
Yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileVault
>>
>>57278131
But in the case of the Macbook pro you're forced to get the Touch Bar in the mid and high tier models (along with the specs upgrades)
I actually consider the Touch Bar a downgrade (except for Touch ID)
>>
>>57273025
>$1,799
>For a fucking emoji bar

What a time to be alive
>>
>>57278263
>all i can think of is to put emojis on it
ok
>>
>>57276452
>plugging your phone into your laptop is an insane, contrived use case
I'm all up for pushing USB-C, but your straw grasping is getting kind of pathetic.
>>
>>57278237
>I actually consider the Touch Bar a downgrade
Same really, I'd never use the thing and changing volume/brightness actually seemed more awkward than keys from the demo.

>>57276452
I do it all the time, phone running out in a meeting, just plug it into your laptop
>>
>>57278275
>Implying MacFags will use it for anything else.
>>
>>57278275
what else would you put on it? If you are gonna put buttons on that thing, then why remover function keys?. If you are gonna put text, why not put it on the screen where it belongs?. If you are going to put anything over it, it has to be something that enhances an experience, and thus emojis...
>>
>>57278295
i don't know what to say. i don't plug my phone into my laptop. it charges faster from a power bank and i sync everything over the wifi network automatically.

the whole notion of a host device that you have to plug into is obsolete. calling it "grasping at straws" doesn't make that any less true.
>>
>>57278326
>all i can think of is to put emojis on it
>well it's not all i can think of, but i bet it's all THEY can think of!
honestly quit while you're behind.
>>
>>57278327
>If you are gonna put text, why not put it on the screen where it belongs?
because the notification might not be particularly important. secondary and auxiliary displays aren't revelatory or innovative in any way. don't give apple that much credit.
>>
fanless
>>
File: USB-C-8-768x460.jpg (39KB, 768x460px) Image search: [Google]
USB-C-8-768x460.jpg
39KB, 768x460px
>>57273221
>giving it the ability to interact with the iphone without a dongle
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>57278305
>I do it all the time, phone running out in a meeting, just plug it into your laptop
okay. so bring a type C to lightning cable in with you.

i'm sorry i can't help you debug this use case more. i don't bring any cables into meetings, and if my phone was dying i would just set it to airplane mode or even turn it off. i disable notifications during meetings as it is, so chances are i'm not missing much unless i'm expecting a phone call during the meeting (which has never been the case so far).

is the problem that you need to buy all new cables? because i can see the argument that you need to buy *one* extra cable (the one for plugging your phone in to your laptop), and only in the case where you're going into a meeting with too little juice to make it through (and where you need your phone during the meeting). but that seems like an increasingly contrived situation. at least to me it is. but even if it's not to you, i'm seeing amazon promise same day delivery if you need type C to lightning. and it's $10.

i don't know what scenario you guys are imagining where apple would transition their laptops to usb type C and not cause problems for some users somewhere. can you articulate a timeline or a strategy that wouldn't have nuked the launch of one of their laptops (because it would signal to customers that it was a stopgap until the next generation) that would also satisfy everyone?
>>
>>57278522
/g/'s zealots are fucking clueless. ignore them
>>
>>57278640
Get some sleep Tim Cook it's been a long day.
>>
>>57278858
imagining some sort of conspiracy just because i don't agree with you can't be healthy. at least take a stab at the last question i asked.
>>
>>57273025
Take the old Macbook Pro, say around the 17" series era, use the newer aluminiums on the same design chassis with smaller bezel and put Skylake processors in them.
Dedicated graphics.
16GB memory base.
PCI-e based SSD and a SATA based SSD for higher storage.
Keep function keys.
Keep Magsafe but improve the cables so they don't fray after three weeks.
>>
>>57278640
>third party
>it has a Lightning connector on it so half that money goes to Apple
>it will probably fuck your iphones power circuit
>>
I think I'm gonna ask my boss to get one for me.
My current laptop has 8GB of RAM and HDD instead of an SSD. Other laptops are ultrabooks which are slow as fuck. So the MacBook Pro thing doesn't sound that bad. The only thing that drives me insane is the lack of an escape button. I need that when I'm using vim, which is really frequent. Is there a way to map, for instance, the caps lock to escape?
>>
>>57273025
Give it a respectable GPU for start
Almost $3000 for a laptop with a $100 GPU is embarrassing especially when they're saying it can run multi 5k displays.
the Touch bar is fine, but have a physical ESC key.
cut the prices by atleast 40%
>>
>>57277164
>no more refugees
>not a smart choice
>>
File: SurfaceBook3-1024x768.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SurfaceBook3-1024x768.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
>Drop the touchbar gimmick
>Make screen detachable into tablet
>High end digitizer for drawing
>Windows is default boot OS
>Keyboard base could hold a higher powered GPU for more intensive applications

Fixed
>>
>>57273025
They absolutely ruined the line. Now there's absolutely no excuse, this thing is simply not fit for professional use. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>57273025
Keep the 13" the same fucking size as it is currently and fit a quad core processor in there. Also give me 32gb ram option and more than 4 ports.
>>
>>57279931
lmao pajeet
>>
>>57273025
I'd start by adding a mag-safe connector, a card reader to it and the F-row to the keyboard

I'm kinda curious about the thermals on that thing though
>>
>>57274912
The size of type C is also not great for things like USB sticks or dongles. It's less on plug surface area and the connection is physically weaker just by virtue of size.
>>
>>57280253
>connection is physically weaker because of size
thats not how things work.
>>
Got pretty hyped during the keynote, lost hope when they raised the price with that much.. I think even for the most diehard Applefags it's too much. Who am I kidding? Of course a shitton of people will buy it anyway

And the 15" literally using the worst possible dGPU on the market... Keeping my mid 2015 15" until next year or so.
>>
I'm pretty happy about it. I'm going to pick up another late 2013 model for less than a thousand bucks and ride out this shit storm until its all fixed.
>>
>>57280253
Yeah, because USB sticks and dongles are HUGE and HEAVY. Literally 80% of the volume of today's USB sticks are the plug itself.

Also, it's really not about the "on plug surface area", it's about the stability of the plug itself. Theoretically the old USB plugs could be more durable, but really they are made as flimsy as weak as possible due to cost, so that's not a real argument.
>>
>>57277835
I can use wireless, but a SD reader is faster and can be used when your camera batteries are empty.
>>
>>57273025
How do I fix the MacBook pro:
1 10 finger tactile display
2 Magsafe and SD card slot
3 3 usb 3.0 1 usb 3.1
4 It is a Pro product, so portability is not THAT of a priority to make the product THAT slim
5 smaller touchpad
6 matte black finish
7 optional matte screen
>>
>>57273025

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhnB16mMHuU
>>
should have been 200 cheaper low key

and it should have come in gold too
>>
>>57278275
>implying Aplel will allow something else
>>
>>57273025

>those specs

My year old laptop PC that i got for 699 is better than that.
>>
alright, 2015 15" rMBP base model here. bought for 1799€ after a 300€ discount.

so fuck you, apple. thank god I consider this update the worst in your company's history.

>2.699,00€ base 15" model.
>3.199,00€ high-end 15" model.

prices in spain.
>>
File: 1472255803958.jpg (99KB, 798x543px) Image search: [Google]
1472255803958.jpg
99KB, 798x543px
>>57273025
>2015 one button push to raise/lower volume
>2016 one tap, and a slide to raise/lower volume

>2016 Word suggestions as you type, lift finger to the bar and touch the next word
>Not using tab or spacebar like the iphone with suggestions as inline popups on the text editor.

>2015 Macbook, Macbook significant throttling under load due to small size and thermal sacrifice for appearance
>Make it smaller with a dedicated GPU
>>
>no USB A port
Why
It's still 2016, not 2023. USB C is barely used by anyone.
>>
>>57283767
Courage
>>
File: lol.png (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>57273025
Well memed Apple, well memed
>>
>>57273025

Include ethernet on the 15" version

Offer something like a 1060 in the high end model, 1050/ti on the lower end. Iris in the base model 13" only

Kaby Lake, i7 on all but the base 13" model

16GB on all 13", upgradeable to 32GB on 15"

Knock ~$150-200 off every price point
>>
>>57275460
Have you ever sucked anyone off in the bathroom at work? How widespread is homosexuality in the workplace? Are CIS people shunned?
>>
>>57286938
>Kaby Lake
>16GB on all 13", upgradeable to 32GB

This will most likely happen in the next early 2017 refresh.
I think Apple can only trick the dumb people on this one, just wait 6 months.
>>
File: ram.png (110KB, 978x662px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
110KB, 978x662px
>>57286938
>16GB on all 13", upgradeable to 32GB on 15"

They say 32GB didn't happen this year to save battery life.
I think it's just excuses, they could have put a warning on the site that it would reduce battery life, and i would still get it.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/28/13460496/apple-macbook-pro-16gb-ram-battery-life-phil-schiller
>>
File: 1470626392977.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470626392977.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>57277188
>>
>>57287945
To enable 32GB they wouldn't be able to use low-power LPDDR3, because Intel CPUs only supports 16GB for that.
So they would at least need a different logic board to just use cheap and power hungry DDR4 for 32GB. Maybe even better cooling/different chassis.
>>
>>57273025
they should have made a model with a usable keyboard
>>
>>57289311
so all you want is the 2015 mbp with a spec bump?
>>
>>57289495
Yes, exactly
>>
>>57273951
>subjective
>minor clock difference
>ad hominem pejorative
Why don't shills even know how to argue properly?
>>
>>57277164
>implying this will prevent anything.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.