[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your maid breaks your MacBook charger Anyone else glad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: broken-macbook-power-chord.png (335KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
broken-macbook-power-chord.png
335KB, 500x375px
>tfw your maid breaks your MacBook charger

Anyone else glad Apple is getting rid of these things? They were so flimsy.
>>
i am. i can buy an anker power bank thing for like $40 and that'll charge like 7 devices (probably not all laptops, but 7 things nonetheless)

and replacement cables will cost literally $5.99 on monoprice.
>>
had 2 macbook pros since 2009 and never had the problem.

in your pic OP I wonder if keeping the slidey thing that holds the cord when wrapped so close to the "plug" caused the problem. basically confining the bending to a really small area and putting stress on that.
>>
THE SHILLING IS REAL
>>
>>57272843
of course zealots would have a tantrum over apple promoting the usb type c standard more than other manufacturers. when does lenovo announce their thinkpad refresh? i can't wait for /g/ to rewrite history and claim that this was how it should've been all along.
>>
>>57272423
My charger's cord developed a brittle quality over time and began to flake. I think it was designed to fail.
>>
>>57272913
i had a similar experience. i used some rubber splicing tape and wrapped the end with some electrical tape (i think i was supposed to wrap the whole thing but it seemed fine).

now that section of the cable is way stronger than the rest of the cable (it mostly remains stationary on my desk though).
>>
>>57272465

Half my friends and coworkers own macbooks/iphones. I've never seen an apple power or usb cable that hasn't become a ratty piece of shit.

Horrible design, company couldn't care less, stop defending it.
>>
File: 1476570792169.jpg (8KB, 290x319px) Image search: [Google]
1476570792169.jpg
8KB, 290x319px
>>57272423
>tfw you didn't punish her with 24 hours non-stop of anal sex just because of that

It's like you macfags are fucking gay or something
>>
>>57273078
he didn't say what he did to her. you just imagined that he didn't anally fuck her as punishment.

sounds like you have some baggage to work through yourself.
>>
Wait shit, so we'd be able to charge our laptops from USB-c power banks?
This I could get behind. Fucking apple suing everyone making mag safe power banks.
>>
>>57273092
>he didn't say what he did to her
So he did nothing.
>>
>>57273131
is that how you think that works?

you haven't told me that you have sex organs, so am i to assume that you don't?
>>
wait so what's it being replaced with?
>>
>>57273146
>being this obtuse
Don't worry anon, you may be gay but your parents still love you.
>>
Magsafe was probably the only thing in Macbooks that I respected, because they completely eliminated a major problem I've seen happen both in laptops of friends, and one of my own: breaking the charger port. When you drop a laptop from even a small height, if it is plugged in, the charger cord may start to dent, loosen, or dislocate the pins of the port it is plugged into. With Magsafe, this is completely impossible. Replacing a cord is cheap. Replacing the port it plugs into is... well, you might as well buy a new laptop at that point.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.