[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop recommendations for mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

This is for my mom so please be less militant with your opinions than normal, and I ask you because I personally haven't kept up with new laptops since getting mine 2 years ago. She's currently on some 5 year old acer that's running too slow for her. She's a windows user, too old to learn how to navigate osx or linux. Ideally it would be an ultrabook form factor, good trackpad, maybe around $1k. Doesn't need a touch screen or anything. Probably an i series processor, not m or anything weak. All help is appreciated

pic is not my mom
>>
tfw mom getting old :(
>>
File: satya-nadella-microsoft-ceo.jpg (232KB, 1920x1089px) Image search: [Google]
satya-nadella-microsoft-ceo.jpg
232KB, 1920x1089px
>>57267539
Give me your mom's phone number so I can fuck her right in the pussy.

Also, if you don't buy her a Surface because you can't afford one, you have failed as a son and should kys.
>>
Chromebook. Pretty sure she will learn it quickly
>>
>>57267610
windows only please
>>
>>57267539
I just bought to my mom last year a refurb dell 14" latitude e-something core duo for $100, installed win7 and antivirus (nod32 with mara fix), firefox with adblock, and all set.
She uses it every day for facebook, youtube, news/health websites.
>>
The new Thinkpads are actually not that bad. /g/ has memed them to death but for general consumer use they actually work ok.
>>
>>57267745
the last gen thinkpads are the ugliest laptops on the planet, and that's coming from a thinkpad lover (**20 and lower).
you wouldn't buy something ugly for your dear and lovely mom?
>>
File: Haruka_SKB.png (265KB, 896x936px) Image search: [Google]
Haruka_SKB.png
265KB, 896x936px
>>57267857
computers aren't supposed to be pretty, anon.

that's what waifus are for
>>
File: 41v6g2Oy95L.jpg (27KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
41v6g2Oy95L.jpg
27KB, 500x332px
>>57267935
>computers aren't supposed to be pretty
tell that to my X220t
>>
>>57267539
Give your mom an ipad or a chromebook.

If you give your mom a windows laptop, you'll have to install W7 on it because that is what she is used to and you will have to constantly fight with it. So make it easy and simple on you and her, get her a ipad or chromebook, if she must have a laptop, go to with a T400/T410/T420 and consider easy linux like Ubuntu.
>>
>>57268014
dayum
>>
>>57268014
T H I C K
H
I
C
K
>>
>>57268103
as it should be.
>>
File: 5i0kxrl0xvg.jpg (123KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
5i0kxrl0xvg.jpg
123KB, 600x403px
>>57268032
>>57268103
the best
>>
>>57267539
something with an i3,lightweight,8gb ram, 250gb storage. Zenbook/Memebook?
>>
hp spectre
>>
>>57268188
>>57268206

these are the only two I'm considering now. thank you for actually following the constraints from the OP
>>
>>57268014
screen's broken
>>
What are the specs of the existing laptop? Why not just clone her hdd to an ssd? If it is only 5 years old it should run great with an ssd.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.