[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The internet should adopt light text on dark background as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
The internet should adopt light text on dark background as a new default. The only reason black on white is default is because it mimics paper.

This has two main advantages:
1. Reduced power consumption, both of the screen itself and of surrounding illumination needing to "match" the screen
2. Less eyestrain
>>
I don't disagree with that
>>
Posting on my OLED phone. Having dark theme on everything looks fucking gorgeous.
>>
>1. Reduced power consumption, both of the screen itself and of surrounding illumination needing to "match" the screen
No, that's not how it works. LCDs use pixels that when "Off" are "white" in color because they allow the backlight to come through completely without blockage - when LCD pixels are "On" and displaying pure black they are using the most amount of power to do so hence your entire concept is BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, son. Measure power consumption on an LCD monitor of any kind when the display is "white" and when it's "black" - the black mode will use more power to get the job done because you're turning on every LCD pixel fully.

If the world was powered by OLED displays then yes, black is totally off and would save power, but your ignorance in how LCD technology works is breathtaking in it's scope.

>2. Less eyestrain
Been staring at computer displays, phone displays, TVs of all kinds, and many other display devices for decades, never had issues with any kind of eye strain. What you're saying is you're a punk bitch whiny little bastard - an ignorant one at that - and you just can't be happy till you've expressed your opinion someplace where you feel it matters.

You are mistaken, and you're excused.
>>
>>57262893
I agree and that's why I still use KK.
>>
>>57262893
I have an LED monitor, and use a browser extension to achieve this scenario.

It's annoying that it doesn't work flawlessly on every page, so I hope more websites default to light-on-dark.
>>
>>57262893
also leds would wear out less
>>
>>57264062
1. Almost all new LCDs use segmented backlightning retard
2. the pixel matrix powerdraw is insignificant compared to the backlight retard
3. OLED is only going to become more common retard

>2.
>literally "works for me" as an argument
lel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.