[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw AMD becomes a relevant GPU manufacturer again Man that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

>tfw AMD becomes a relevant GPU manufacturer again
Man that Rx 480 really ripped a new one in Nvidia, huh?
>>
File: 1050ti A Dud.jpg (266KB, 1164x976px) Image search: [Google]
1050ti A Dud.jpg
266KB, 1164x976px
>>57256689
Well, the rx470 and 480 are slaughtering the 1060 so it's no surprise.
>>
Market share up 11% YoY. Not bad considering their strong seller has only come out recently.
Good things to come in 2017. Debts are down, and revenue is trending up.
>>
>>57256689
>AMD releases good mid-range card
>Nvidia reacts and doesn't jew on the 1060, also releases 1050
This is why competition is good.
>>
>>57256689
I'm pretty sure JP research is shipped units only and also only counts US shipments.

Either way, 20% isn't anything impressive.
>>
>>57257332
good thing it's 30% then mr shill
>>
>>57257366
Yes 30% I mean. There is still very much a market monopoly going on here. I wouldn't celebrate too much.
>>
>>57257245
Now imagine if AMD was actually relevant on the CPU side, we'd have $250 i7 Kaby Lake CPU's instead of $400 gimped cuck CPU's that will most likely still outperform Zen
>>
>>57256689
NVIDIA FINISHED AND BANKRUP
>>
>>57258883
Literally this, is there even a reason to get anything better than a 4770K or 4790K considering current price/performance market stats?

I really hope Zen will be great so that Intel stops being greedy fucks.
>>
>>57258883
maybe Intel will stop being such horrible jews over hexacores when it drops

but with
>israel-based R&D

I guess the instincts are innate
>>
>>57258883
>no $300 8 core i5 or $500 i7 8 core
Absolute horseshit i wish ayymd got their shit together sooner
>>
>>57257366
>12% increase in 2 years
>not amazing
Now we all know why you aren't in charge in any marketing/logistics department.

This is great news for AMD and proves that they're steering into the right direction, they just have to build on it, and quite honestly, with the line of releases they have provided on their roadmap it's not a pipedream to reach at least 45% marketshare in the coming years in the GPU market if they keep going like this.

On the other hand nvidia has been fucking up little by little the past years, it isn't also helping them that a reputation is being build around them that they're doing shady practices.
I know I know, AMD does this at well, I'm talking about nvidia public relations at the moment though, I do still remember the shady shit that came to light during ATI grim age, even though that was a different company.
>>
>>57259072
Not really. Even Ivy Bridge is still very competitive.

Haswell's going to be the price:performance king for a while, until something like TSX is more relevant or we need more cores
>>
>>57257366
>>57259110
Woops, meant to quote:
>>57257466
>>
>>57256753
>>57256689
the graph is outdated AMD marketshare is at about 35% right now and considering the 1050 and 1050ti flopped hard AMD is going to continue taking more and more marketshare until volta comes out at least
>>
>>57257245
Nvidia is still being jewish as fuck about the 10 series, its the main reason amd is making a comeback in marketshare
>>
>>57257245
Until a few years go by, then suddenly new drivers will see the 1060 start chugging.
>>
>>57259114
>tfw bought 4790K last year
/g/ linched me for not buying the next CPU line, but quite honestly I did not see any advantage except for having a lighter wallet.

Same with buying the Fury X, sure it was a huge premium and I might have benefited more if I waited for the HBM2 line that's more refined and handles more memory, but so far I'm having no issues, even with games that tell me they use more than 4GB, still performs amazing.
I think that I'll sell it while it's still worth something when Volta and Vega gets released.
>>
I think it's great to see them back on their feet again. Last time I built a PC from scratch it was with a sapphire 4850x2 and everyone was shortly after raving about the Phenom II cpus. Sure intel and nvidia still beat them at the top end but they were offering good products. Hopefully it'll go back to that again
>>
>>57259168
>g/ linched me for not buying the next CPU line, but quite honestly I did not see any advantage except for having a lighter wallet.

pretty dumb desu. There were barely any IPC improvements, and the only massive change was moving chipset lanes to PCIe 3 for high bandwidth I/O (USB3/TBolt)

Only reason I'd seriously consider Skylake would be in a mobile setting, since Intel have been focused pretty heavily on improving iGPU performance. Maybe also Skylake-E when that comes out, but I can't justify that while my X99 setup is still relevant

The only problem with these older chips is finding a motherboard for them. I'd still build Ivy Bridge systems if I could find some damn Z77 boards at a reasonable price. Everyone on ebay's a jew and wants $200 for an Extreme4.
>>
I've always bought AMD and this year has been no different
>>
>>57259230
>The only problem with these older chips is finding a motherboard for them.
This is why I bought Skymeme instead of the 4790K, fucking impossible to find the older high-end boards (and I got m.2 and ddr4 which helped in my itx meme build)
>>
8% in one quarter? How fucking volatile is this market?
>>
>>57259321
Very volatile, because for each person buying a new CPU to upgrade his PC, another person or two has now an outdated GPU.

New GPUs are what pushes developers to use more resources in their games, and they're lazy of course, they don't bother optimating it like they did 20 years ago where you just coudln't expect your client to buy the most recent and expensive as fuck Voodoo GPU.
>>
>>57259338
Shit, I meant, for each new GPU line, at least one person has now an outdated/weak GPU.

Sleepy as fuck ;_;
>>
>>57259321
This is good for AMD but if you read their earnings report they're making way more money of custom silicon and embeded, if they gain traction in the server market with both CPU and GPU they'll have a very solid source of income from multiple sides.
>>
>>57259140
People don't actually believe this shit, do they?
>>
AYYMD HOUSEFIRES didn't rip Nvidia anything

Nvidia is profitable while AYYMD just reported another loss quarter

GTX 1050 Ti destroys AYYMD in performance and power efficiency and is selling very well
>>
File: 1448861324474.png (762KB, 786x576px) Image search: [Google]
1448861324474.png
762KB, 786x576px
Zen and Vega better be good, holy fuck. If Zen catches up to about Skylake performance, and that 8C/16T chip (or whatever the 6 core variant will look like) shows up for around $300- $350 then I'll be swapping this Z97 board out for X370. Maybe we can start some fucking price wars and actual competition, otherwise the future has nothing in store but Haswell derivatives. (8% faster than the last $300 i7, be sure to switch sockets AGAIN!).
>>
I don't care about Zen, I already knew its performance, somewhere around Haswell.

But I care about Zen+, which AMD promised 15% IPC and no doubt higher clocks, that will be very competitive to Coffee/Canonlake
>>
>>57259839
>>>/v/
>>
>>57256689
That's their problem when you can't find anywhere cheaper rx 480 than gtx 1060
>>
>>57256689
>two million shipments down in a quarter

Holy shit PC gaming is dead
>>
>>57259839
Please use a trip, fag.
>>
>>57259905
rx 480 > 1060 so it makes sense
>>
>>57259922
>higher than last year
nice one retard
>>
>>57259905
but the RX 470 is cheaper than 1060 and better. Who cares.

How does the RX480 compare to a 1070 now ?
>>
>>57256689
Wow what a well thought out and informative post.

That really really really aroused my synapses to the point where they started to tickle my neurons.
>>
>>57256721
The fuck is with the RX 460 stats? The RX 470 surely can't have double the power?

>RX 480 Nitro+ owner btw, feels good man
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.