[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would any one help explain to me why peripherals such as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png (61KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png
61KB, 521x342px
would any one help explain to me why peripherals such as the logitech g13 and similar additional keypad devices can not be programmed as standalone unique keystrokes and have to be bound to a pre-existing key from the keyboard or macro involving those standard keys?
>>
No. You seem pretty stupid and it's a rather layered, albeit simple issue.
>>
File: 1463865604548.jpg (80KB, 560x444px) Image search: [Google]
1463865604548.jpg
80KB, 560x444px
>>57256178
What about my question makes me seem stupid? If I knew the answer I wouldn't post on a technology board about it. It's layered but simple doesn't that just mean you don't feel like answering it? So you use a simple question, with an admittedly simply answer, as an excuse to be not only lazy but an asshole. You're not coming out looking so good here. You were better off just not posting.
>>
>>57256178
You are the stupid, it's not an issue at all.

>>57256232
If you can write a driver for it, you can make it happen. There are some snags, like I don't know if Xorg or whatever the fuck Windows uses allow custom keycodes. When I did this, it skipped the HID system entirely and just ran commands.
>>
Because programs and OSes don't support custom keys. Think of it, how would any arbitrary program know what 'G1' or whatever the fuck is supposed to be?

Best thing to do is make it emulate a joystick device for separate 'keystrokes'
>>
>>57256081
There are plenty of unused keystrokes that a standard keyboard doesn't use that you can map it to.

>>57256232
You're the lazy one.
>>
>>57256232
>as an excuse to be not only lazy but an asshole
Yeah that was exactly it.

>>57256723
>it's not an issue just write your own driver
Thank you very much. To those just joining us that was the representative from the Lincucks community.
>>
>>57256081
Bind the keys to F13-F24. If your macro program can't do that, then it's shit.

Now see how many programs recognize F13-F24.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.