[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>To be a CS major, you also have to minor in math.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1469960799396.jpg (193KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
1469960799396.jpg
193KB, 1000x749px
>To be a CS major, you also have to minor in math.
>>
File: 1472265474891.jpg (32KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472265474891.jpg
32KB, 300x400px
>Thinking that's hard
Consider a different line of work, my boy.
>>
If you're a cs major and you don't enjoy math, you're no better than a Pahjeet
>>
Math is okay but math classes just become busy work once it becomes conceptual and not actually learning how to do things anymore

Pretty much everything after Calc 1
>>
>mfw cs major and math minor
>tfw unemployed

Education is a meme. I even have an app. Fuck this shit, it's literally all about who you know.
>>
>>57255047
Honestly, the math isn't as hard as you think.

It just requires you to shift your perspective a bit.
>>
>>57255047
>implying entry level maths are hard
>>
>calculus is hard
when will this meme end?
>>
>>57255047
>he thinks the CS math is hard

Call me when you EE.
>>
>>57255800
>engineers do hard math
>>
>>57255798
Multi-variable integration is where it starts to get hard.
>>
>>57255800
>He thinks math based in relatity is hard

Call me when you're getting your PhD in math.
>>
>>57255846
Niggah multivariate integration isn't that bad. Granted it wasn't easy for me, but I'm not that great at math. Still managed to get an A in multivariable calculus and p math.
>>
>>57255831
I didnt say that. Only that EE math > CS math.

>>57255865
Much respect mate. Never gonna happen for me. there arent enough pills in the world to get me through that program.

>>57255846
Fuck that. MV is easy as shit. Sequences and Series fucked me the hardest.

Linear Algebra is easy as shit. Love it.
>>
>>57255898
I had A's in Calc 1 and 2 and a solid B in Diff Eq., but I had to retake Calc 3 because of that shit. It didn't help that the professor had a heavy Chinese accent and made a habit of butchering the English language beyond all recognition.

>>57255930
Linear Algebra is simple shit. Series gave me some trouble in Calc 2, but multi-variable is what gave me the most trouble.
>>
What
CS math is baby tier, please.

I think the actual CS stuff is harder than the math involved, like Algorithm Analysis and OS's.
>>
>>57255952
I honestly have no fucking idea why Calc 2 is after 3 content wise.

Its fucking retarded.
>>
>>57255930
>Much respect mate. Never gonna happen for me. there arent enough pills in the world to get me through that program.

Lol I'm not that fucking stupid. I'm in profess for a master's to go along with my CS degree.

FFFUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK getting a PhD. I know a couple of those guys and they're just not right in the head.

I was just yankin' yer chain.
>>
>>57255952
>a heavy Chinese accent and made a habit of butchering the English language beyond all recognition.

That fucking sucks dude. I had a Russian for 1 and a German for 2/3.

I dodged that same situation by taking the 8am. Two of my friends had to retake calc 3 because of a shitty professor with a thick accent and no social skills.
>>
>>57255846
Calculus gets easier as it goes on, the only thing that doesn't follow that rule (most of the time) is sequences and series.
>>
>>57255116
That's not true at all.

Calc II, Calc III, Linear Algebra, Statistics, and Graph Theory all have applications in Computer Science. Unless you're only dealing with CRUD apps, all this stuff will be important.
>>
>>57256344
>doesn't follow that rule (most of the time) is sequences and series.
even then you just go through a cookbook of techniques to solve the problems, its just memorization
>>
>>57256008
>paying thousands so that you can teach yourself

I have always had shit luck with professors. They would have a fucking Thai TA give the lecture and you would hear an audible sigh as soon as she started speaking gibberish.

Hard to go to a lecture every day knowing you will have to teach yourself the exact same stuff later.
>>
>>57255047
>to be an IT major you have to pass grade 10 physics
>>
File: 1452994989033.png (112KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
1452994989033.png
112KB, 294x256px
>>57255645
>tfw currently a cs major, minor in math, and unemployed
>>
In my local university, you have to do a double major to get your degree (bachelor of computer science and mathematics)
>>
>>57255116
>Pretty much everything after Calc 1
Calc 2 and Linear are extremely useful, and Calc 3 and Diff Eqn still have some occasional use.
>>
>>57257960
did you do any internships while in college?
>>
>>57255081
m8 not enjoying math does nit necessarily mean that one isn't good at it.
>>
>>57255071
It is hard work.
>>
thats great and all but i never even passed highschool algebra 1
>>
>>57255865
>"Just use a calculator lmao"
>>
>>57257642
>Statistics

What are some good books on that shit?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.