[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartwatch sales decline 51 per cent in Q3 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>Smartwatch sales decline over 51 per cent in Q3 2016 with Apple and Lenovo registering worst decline in growth

Is Apple finished?

http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gadgets/smartwatch-sales-decline-apple-watch-garmin-samsung-gear-s3-moto-360-idc-3101823/
>>
>smartwatches
in other news, vr headsets arent catching on
>>
>letting a woman turn your company, the biggest company on earth, into a fashion company

yep, apple is finished. theyre not innovating on anything that matters anymore.
>>
>>57252712
I got an Apple watch after it launched through work and used it as a fashion accessory. I used the status, the fashion part, but the watch during launch was a terrible product. It looked decent, almost like a proper watch by an actual proper designer, but I could lift on the hype and use it as "something different".
For the second Watch they keep marketing it as a fitness accessory. We have better brands for that, and since I already keep healthy and fit through better means, that is useless to me. Then I'd use it for exercise, but I'd look like a weirdo wearing an expensive watch alongside a $20 sports top, $10 sports bra and $15 sports pants. I know shoes are expensive, but a device only targeted at fitness that lasts but two years and has to be charged before every workout session (in my case daily except Sunday), and costs triple the amount of shoes that last a year and are actually useful, that's just not something to cough up for those who don't get it for free.
What Apple needs is Steve Jobs. Sadly, he's dead. Samsung is still doing well, as they've always been independent of Steve Jobs. I like Tim Cook, but I don't like the shitty products Apple ships nowadays. Seriously, a mouse that has to be charged from the bottom?
>>
>>57252852

This is why I see no need to upgrade from my simple Xiaomi Mi band
>>
>>57252828
>>letting a woman turn your company, the biggest company on earth, into a fashion company
lol literally what are you talking about? which woman?
>>
File: 1470229939491.jpg (165KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470229939491.jpg
165KB, 1200x1200px
>>57252852
>bra
>>
>>57252974
>simple Xiaomi Mi band
I do have that too, yes. And after the Apple watch hype was over I used that more often. Less questions, more usability. Every time I put my Apple watch in the charge and didn't have to put my Mi band in the charger for the next 30 days while still getting vibrating for every call and notification I specifically allowed it to notify me on, I felt the Chinese were ahead of the game. Apple watch was free, Mi band cost me like $15. Still think it was more worth it.
>>
>>57252852
Steve Jobs was good at marketing. He even had some ideas of his own, but most of his work was the brand itself, not the products. Tablets existed before, computers existed before, etc.
>>
I'd use a smart watch to be a jackass in the middle of the road talking into my watch telling it to mark down my funeral date
>>
>>57253044
Oh sod off, you. It may be correlation, but everything after 1.5 years after Steve Jobs died has just been some terrible misunderstanding. I even installed Linux on my Macbook to get more of the Snow Leopard experience. It all sucks now.
Of course Windows at work, with mice that don't require you to stop working in the middle of using your mouse just to charge the thing.
>>
>>57252828
>the biggest company one earth?
the fuck are you on about? Anyway Apple is pretty much a fashion company
>>
File: peak apple.jpg (21KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
peak apple.jpg
21KB, 500x280px
>>57253140

Apple is bleeding money. They're the new Nokia.
>>
dumb chimposter
>>
I have the first gen Applewatch and like it a lot. I used to mostly for communication on the go (I can't have my phone out during the day) and I've used it as a fitness motivator to lose over 25kgs in 6 months from light jogging and three trips to the gym a week. Any wearable could do that though.
>>
File: IMAG0445.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0445.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Why would I buy a new smartwatch when the best was released decades ago?
>>
>>57252782
That's not entirely unexpected
>>
>>57253652

That would be good if it tracked your steps too
>>
>>57253726
Why the fuck would you need to track your steps?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.