[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lennart did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: lennart.jpg (123KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
lennart.jpg
123KB, 1024x678px
Lennart did nothing wrong
>>
Except windowizing a unix.
>>
>>57253442
gnu's not unix.
>>
what about systemd is not unix like
>>
>>57253470
binary
log
files
>>
Lennart is trying to save *nixes, belive me.
The thing here is, Linux is basically a clusterfuck when it comes to software installation: any app needs a speciall non-standard uninstaller in order to remove it from the system. That adds to the complexity of Linux usage. Also if you are developing an app for linux, you're developing it for a certain linux distro, not for linux as a platform. With community of linux developers, that fragments it as a whole and makes some of the software incompatible. That's why Linuxes are considered a joke to a regular end user mostly.And his systemD tries at least to do the big thing, which would lead to widespread linux desktop adoption.
>>
>>57253470
It's shit, for starters.

furthermore it's bloated, binary-blobby, non-modular, and forced down everybody's throats. it's also spreading its grubby tentacles and tries to embed itself in every part of a running system (insert thread where Linus tells Poetering to gtfo the Linux source code)
>>
>>57253532
>Lennart is trying to save *nixes, belive me.
>app
No. Go away.
>>
File: collegedropout.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
collegedropout.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>57253532
>any app needs a speciall non-standard uninstaller in order to remove it from the system

make uninstall
>>
>>57253584
I actually talked with him personally and confronted him on the idea. If I'm supposed to go away, at least provide me with sensible arguments.
>>
>>57253442
Do you even know what Solaris smf is, you fucking illiterate faggot?
>>
>>57251079
Eh, systemd works well for me on daily home PC use. It simplified a lot of things.

I've heard that server people aren't really fans of it, but it hasn't affected me negatively. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>57253532
>*nixes
No just Linux. He clearly stated that he doesn't care about other OSes (which is a good thing). That's why bsdbabbies spread FUD against him.
>>
>>57253544
Systemd is modular retard
>>
>>57253532
What the fuck are you talking about? You're describing a package manager.
>>
>>57251079
the man needs to be tarred and feathered and drug through the streets on some dark ages shit.. not really, but systemd is just terrible and it sucks to see so many distros pushing it that way.
>>
>>57253816
I saw a movie with an autistic kid that starts screaming because his mom turns her baseball cap backwards. I think its something like that.
>>
>>57254235
HOW CAN SHE BE SO COMFORTABLE WITH THE SUN IN HER EYES
>>
>>57253613
This is why tripfags are retarded.
>>
File: 1407955329838.jpg (42KB, 647x417px) Image search: [Google]
1407955329838.jpg
42KB, 647x417px
>>57254235
I would scream too. Oh wait...
t. Arch user
>>
>>57251079
>muh dindu nuffin

>>57253463
>implying he meant the philosophy and not unix being proprietary back then

>>57253470
see >>57253479
and the spaghetti code they have

>>57253532
no I don't believe you

>>57253697
you not even know what you are talking about

>>57253816
anyone who challenge sytemd devs are immediately bullied, that is why you don't hear of bugs

>>57253972
having several binaries doesn't make it modular you retard
>>
>>57255786
There are 70 binaries and the only part you can't substitute is udev.
>>
>>57251079

>PulseAudio
>systemd
>>
>>57256503
>forgetting Avahi
>>
>>57251079
except making insecure garbage when SysVinit gave nobody any problems ever also making Pulseaudio shit, Pulse gives shitty garbled up sound and most of the time randomly goes to mute and works like shit, a lot of SteamOS users complained about it too, he also is a major fucking asshole, people that have met him knew he was hostile as shit and he gets all uptight about his shitcode.c whenever somebody reports a bug he justifies how it's awesome and it's a "feature" then proceeds to tell them to fuck off. Also what's fucking next KERNELD? SysVinit and ALSA always just werked for me
>>
>>57256692

Oh yeah...
>>
>>57255786

>that is why you don't hear of bugs

The classic Lennart response--"Works on my machine; not a bug." Red Hat should have their asses removed for putting that little shit front and center.
>>
>>57256818
Alsa output cannot be recorded from without being put into a loopback device and when you do that
you cannot hear audio output from more than 1 application at a time. https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/ALSA try it for yourself.
which systemd and pulseaudio are shit pulse does offer a solution to a problem albiet not the best. Systemd can suck a huge dick though runit is the shit thanks based void linux.
>>
>>57257292
while systemd and pulseaudio not which systemd and pulseaudio
>>
>>57257309
>>57257292
given that while pulse does allow me to record shit, loopback input devices such as aux input and not to mention micspam a hell of alot better and also make some things possible alsa couldn't do. it simply crashes a fuckton and also is extremely boated and relies on a ton of fucking shit.
>>
systemd thread #278922972679.
>muh unix
>muh logs
>muh bugs
>muh spaghetti code

saged/filtered
NO MORE SYSTEMD!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.