[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she /our girl/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: KE6QNYV.png (1MB, 1357x1281px) Image search: [Google]
KE6QNYV.png
1MB, 1357x1281px
Is she /our girl/
>>
>koding
>>
>she needs to join our startup
this one always gets me
>>
>>57249598
>lets invite her xD
>>
>>57249227
how did she take a picture if both of her hands are on the keyboard?

did she kode herself a third arm?
>>
>>57249227
Someone post the fucking picture where she tried to cd .. like 50 times
>>
>>57249227
It's never hit me before, she had someone else take this picture for her.
>>
>>57249227
There is no "our grill".
>>
Really kombating the old stereotypes of a male dominated industry don't you think
>>
File: 1455032038800.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
1455032038800.gif
628KB, 516x402px
>>57249227
This picture brings me physical pain
>>
>>57249227
She codes better than most of the pajeets here so yeah
>>
>>57249227
She teaches Ruby, so yes.
>>
>>57251731
you should see a therapist because that's probably not healthy. it's fine to be mildly annoyed if you have asperger's or something but if you're literally feeling physical pain then it sounds like your autism is causing your brain to send you pain signals for shit that you should be able to cope with on your own.

karlie's not really coding. she's just cd'ing around and occasionally calling ls and pwd (which the collage image somehow didn't identify, probably because whichever neckbeard made it didn't recognize pwd and thus ignored it)

with that being said, so what? she's making it seem normal and even cool for little girls (or whoever follows her) to pick up coding. little girls won't recognize the names of women in tech (partly because there aren't many), so why not have a conventional model promote it?

do you honestly think promotional instagrams, tweets, etc... are all organic and that this is the first time a woman has been paid to pretend she enjoys something she'd never do on her own?
>>
>>57251916
do you really think it's comforting to tell anon that everything is an insipid advertisement and we're all a product of this environment? do you think telling anon that children are easily programmed enhances anon's sense of their moral worth?
>>
>>57251977
everything is advertising to some extent or another. even the most dedicated craftsman building a chair in the middle of nowhere ultimately brings his wares to town and says, if nothing else, "i am selling these chairs". that's an advertisement. it's not a great advertisement, but it's still an advertisement.

if you're conscious of the roles and motivations of people, you can critically evaluate what they're saying more easily. when a site reviews a product that you know they got for free or for "promotional consideration", then you take their praise of that product with a grain of salt, and you really take notice of flaws they bring up (because it's bad news if they're shilling for a product and still can't overlook X or Y).

just be open minded but conscious of where people are coming from
>>
>>57251347
There actually is ( >>57241432 ); OP just posted the wrong image.
>>
>>57252085
that's a girl?
>>
>>57251916
The day you realize that attention whoring and being ok to be completely retarded is what drives feminism, the day you give a shit to this kind of bs and stop jerking their egos, that's when you will have girls picking up coding.

Pretending to code while making a fool out of yourself is not something to praise. Unless you want stupid coders.

If tomorrow I do a talk in front of my peers presenting complete utter bs, they will not hesitate to rip me. This is a public example of "don't do shit and try to bullshit us or that's what happens". Hence very few people try to bs.

Social media is the inverse. You can say/show what ever bullshit you want, they will be people to suck you dry. Which does not makes us move forward at all.

Like we care anyway.
>>
>>57252038
the entire gist of the OP is the dissonance between the image and critical consciousness. the contradiction renders it a hollow platform that can't bear any weight. the best excuse that can be offered for this misery is that children are stupid, which is definitely not a good operating assumption if your goal is to get them into programming. that kind of cynicism might trick children into consuming the "right" media but it will never inspire them to a lifelong passion
>>
>>57252179
do you think the people that pose in exercise clothing are actually exercising? do you think their form is correct, or that they're doing anything right? i certainly hope not. because they're approximating the activity. athletes and businessmen and all these other people that see ads for business clothing or workout gear or whatever are able to recognize that these are all just approximations of their own activity.

also it sounds like you're saying that the shitty quality of the content on the terminal in the photo is going to causally lead to lower quality coders. the corollary is that if karlie was vimming or in emacs and doing something higher quality in that photo, then presumably in 10 or 20 years we'd see better female programmers. if you don't see the point framed that way and realize how bonkers it makes you sound, i'm honestly not sure i can help you out.

your post reads like someone having an emotional meltdown. go take a walk and think about whether nitpicky shit like this matters A) to you, and B) to normal people.
>>
>>57252191
i don't understand the application of "critical consciousness" here - to the extent that your use seems relevant (and i'm assuming you're using it in freire's meaning which popularized it, and not some buzzwordy misappropriation), kloss is actually performing the act of "consciousness raising" by encouraging people to become literate (in this case technically literate).

are you seeing contradiction in the fact that there are other products there being advertised? that's a pretty flat interpretation of what's going on. advertising is a vehicle to communicate or advocate something. in this image you can say it's advocating that you buy some baio drink or whatever, as well as advocating that you give programming a try. my encouragement to read advertising with a reflexive and critical lens doesn't break down just because there are other advertisements going on at the same time.

i'm also not following your misery point. you have much more space than this to expand on your points; if you're going to write about critical theory and whatnot, you must know that you need to expand on these points for clarity. otherwise it just reads like you threw in vocab words that only have meaning in the context of other words that are, in your short post, missing.

as for your last point, i don't think that we're trying to get everyone to find their lifelong passion. we're trying to get everyone to feel that there's no impropriety in women trying out coding. if a model that little girls respect codes (or approximates coding), then more little girls will give it a try, not feeling self-conscious that they should be showing off their hair or wearing skimpy outfits or hanging out on someone's yacht.

maybe little girls will find their passion, but given how many guys i see in my program who are doing engineering because it's reliable work that affords them freedom to do something else they love (photography or travel or jerking off to hentai), the passion argument sounds flat.
>>
>>57252302

An athlete doing an add for sports gear is business. An athlete doing an add for junk food towards young audience, what is it to you? Still an approximation of their own activity?

Or leading to make believe that by eating shit you can achieve something?

>go take a walk and think about whether nitpicky shit like this matters

As a PA in college, yes this shit matters to me. Hope you never know the shit we have to deal with.
>>
>>57252191
Ooo, so many big words. Be careful to look each one up before you use it so you don't come across as a bullshitting retard. You bullshitting retard.
>>
>>57252038
>everything is advertisement

If there is no thing which is not an advertisement then the word has no meaning, and your diatribes pointless
>>
>>57252599
>An athlete doing an add for sports gear is business.
a lot of athletic clothing ads just take models and actors and shit. did you honestly not understand that?
>>
>>57253468
if you can evaluate the advertising qualities in something then it's still useful. if you were too lazy or stupid to read the rest of the post, then i encourage you to actually read it. or, you know, read it more carefully, because you clearly missed the core point in that "diatribe".
>>
>>57252481
stfu
>>
>>57249227
Not some product placement ho.
>>
>>57253795
athlete/models/actors & clothing add. If you don't see the common denominator i weep for you.

next time i hope we see lady gaga make an add for engineering school with a board full of middle school level math done wrong. maybe you will see the irony. or not.
>>
That looks a lot like the stuff I type in the terminal when I've got nothing to do
>>
>>57254618
Want to join my startup?

Completely unrelated question but are you an attractive girl and are you single?
>>
i imagine the bash histories of most loonix users here look like that
>>
File: 1472053883160.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472053883160.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>
File: laughing army man.webm (293KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughing army man.webm
293KB, 200x150px
>>57249598
>cd code
always gets me
>>
>>57257993
do you not have your projects in a directory called "code"? or is the joke that you don't organize your projects because you're a bongo-playing african dictator?
>>
>>57251815
thoroughly explain how she can possible teach ruby. no, don't even thoroughly explain it. just explain it.
>>
>>57258002
i do, actually. i keep my stuff in /home/code

but look, she clearly has no idea how to navigate using the terminal. how can she know anything about programming if she cant even do that?

all i'm saying is i'm a professional programmer, but even when i was a student i was able to navigate using the terminal - it's not even a skill, it's just a common thing you do
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.