[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

netbeans vs eclipse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: java-logo.jpg (36KB, 651x400px) Image search: [Google]
java-logo.jpg
36KB, 651x400px
what is the best java IDE to use as a beginner student between eclipse and netbeans?

until now i used only netbeans but i heard about this eclipse IDE would be better.
>>
>>57248329
JCreator
>>
Intellij
>>
IntelliJ community edition
>>
>>57249747
This
>>
>>57248329
IntelliJ, you can get the ultimate edition for free if you are a student. But anyways you don't need any of the ultimate features.
>>
Eclipse is okay except when it comes to using git, formatting it, finding the setting you want, installing packages, updating, and debugging.

It has a giant tree of settings, except it's really not formatted well. It uses vague names for each menu, as if "options", "settings" or "configuring" are any different. Git just does not work well, you often have to resort to using the command line. You can install separate packages in Eclipse but it has two different ways of doing it, one is a "marketplace" (of free software) and one is more of a tools menu. If you have an outdated Eclipse (i.e. it's Eclipse [random astronomy word 1] instead of the new updated Eclipse [random astronomy word 2]) then the marketplace will just not work. (and you'll have to install the new eclipse and lose all your settings and have to dig through the tree again). The debug tool is rather tedious, as well.
>>
>>57248329

plague vs cholera?
>>
Lol I learned on netbeans back in high school.
>>
>>57248329
IntellJ
Its also free for students
>>
intellij is nice, but you'll probably see eclipse used more in the workplace.
>>
>>57250515
Maybe in poor Pajeet workplaces.
>>
Emacs, Nano, VIM and javac.
then ant, maven and gradle.
Now you are better than pajeet.
>>
>>57250529
lol
>>
>>57248329
Netbeans is easier to use than eclipse. IntelliJ is the best but many of the advanced features are behind a paywall.
>>
emacs
>>
>>57250601
>>57250771
Fine for small projects but eventually you'll want a proper IDE. Might as well start learning how to use it straight away. Java is a bitch due to million packages and billion classes in larger projects.
>>
Slighty off topic, i'm working with STS, however i've been given the chance to use intelliJ.

Pro/cons?
>>
>>57248329
GNU Emacs
>>
>>57250753
cant you just pirate it
>>
>>57250844
>>57250601

If you need the eclipse workflow (because you like it/the project is being developed in eclipse/any other reason) you can also use vim + eclim.

It runs a headless eclipse server that vim connects to, and you can do anything you'd be able to do with eclipse using vim commands (which you can obviously bind to keyboard shortcuts).
>>
>>57250997
>plan on developing programs and selling them to other people
>start by not paying for software someone else developed
Wew lad.
>>
>>57251201
its called being resourceful. Also Im not planning to make money, I am already making a bank working on pirated software
>>
get intellij, the other two are shit
>>
>>57248329
IntelliJ, even big corporations are ditching eclipse for it now, and that was the only thing eclipse had going for it (learn it now, use it when you get a job).
>>
>>57248376
My high-school made us use that.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
intellij is almost exactly like android studio because android studio is built on intellij or something.
>>
Netbeans.
>>
notepad
>>
jGrasp
>>
>>57248329
NetBeans.

>>57248387
IntelliJ is trash.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.