[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Macbook Pro has no ESC key!! Vimfags on suicide watch!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: newmacbookpro1.jpg (93KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
newmacbookpro1.jpg
93KB, 800x564px
New Macbook Pro has no ESC key!!

Vimfags on suicide watch!!!
>>
this is the future you chose
there is no escape.
>>
>macfag
>vimfag
literally who does this affect?
>>
>>57245406
A colleague of mine uses vim on his mac.
Most of us use linux though.

Then again, ctrl-c works as well.
>>
Seems clear, if an MacBook dont have an delete-key, there is also no need for an ESC key.
>>
>>57245342
I expect them to replace OSX with iOS the next release.
It is not like this shit can be used to do anything useful anymore, at this point it is pretty much a glorified tablet.
I feel really bad for all the faggots who locked themselves into the apple ecosystem.
They still have the possibility to escape but it will be really expensive and painful to move to another platform.
>>
File: 1475218071464.jpg (46KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1475218071464.jpg
46KB, 625x625px
>>57245342
I feel as if apple is just trying to see how much they can fuck up their products before people stop buying them. They're prolly laughing their asses off at the office as we speak.
>>
i seriously hope its not all usb-c ports...
>>
>>57245507
It's all USB-C ports only

What you gonna do about it?
>>
>>57245538
guess i look on amazon for usb-c to usb a ports hub and have it by monday
>>
File: 21428151304206.jpg (918KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21428151304206.jpg
918KB, 1920x1080px
>>57245342
>Macbook
>Glorified development platform

The fun part is the fact that every *nix system have vi on the board.
>>
new iMac when?
>>
>>57245342
Any sensible person maps their escape to the caps lock anyway. But would miss the f-row of keys, not to mention what about the software you'll encounter in real-life usage, will it support all that context-related touch screen jizz? Or will it be "Superior Apple Software only" -feature?
>>
File: 1475532622742-g.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1475532622742-g.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>57245396
>>57245396
>>
>>57245694
>escape to caps lock

Uh pretty sure youre the only person that does this.
>>
>>57245761
>all basic navigation on the home row
>except you need to reach to the upper left of your keyboard every time you exit visual mode

Everyone who actually uses vim binds escape to something else, pretty sure caps and jj are the most common ones.
>>
>>57245406
Quite a few people. OS X is a UNIX OS, many use it because it comes with Vim and Emacs and all the other programs you'd expect a cli to have.
>>
>>57245476
>I've never used OS X but I like to tell people about it
>>
>>57245761
Anyone who uses vim for any long period of time changes caps lock to escape or makes a "jk sequence to escape" bind. When was the last time you pressed Caps Lock?
>>
I'm quite a fan of the function keys so I'm curious to see their approach. Though the lack of feedback when touching kind of sucks.
>>
Why is applel doing all kinds of superfluous shit since jobs died?

Are they literally doing every project he shut down now that he's not around anymore?
>>
>>57246287
>Though the lack of feedback when touching kind of sucks.
It will probably have the same feedback shit their trackpads have
>>
>>57246287
There might be haptic feedback like the iPhone 7 home button or MacBook trackpad
>>
>>57245476
>It is not like this shit can be used to do anything useful anymore, at this point it is pretty much a glorified tablet.
looool no
>>
>>57245342
>buy overpriced computer
>use it to buy overpriced headphones

Fucking hipsters I swear.
>>
>>57245406
Uh, me. Well, not me because I won't but this thing, but I use vim on OS X.
>>
>>57245427
Oooh, it can have a delete key again.

Thanks Apple.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.