[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APPLE GIVES DATA TO GOVERNMENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: apple.jpg (56KB, 905x247px) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
56KB, 905x247px
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30593#efmAHtANd
>Thousands of times every month, we give governments information about Apple customers and devices, in response to warrants and other forms of legal process. We have a team that responds to those requests 24 hours a day. Strong encryption does not eliminate Appleā€™s ability to give law enforcement meta-data or any of a number of other very useful categories of data.

wow wow wow, coming from the VP too
>>
ofc they do
if they had nothing to hide why would the source code be hidden?
>>
>>57242066
>in respond to warrants and other forms of legal process
>>
>>57242066
Isn't this common knowledge? Google and every other big tech company plays the same game when subpoenaed.
>>
>>57242066
>>
>>57242202
they could easily say no if they werent collecting that data in the first place tho
>>
>>57242202
The fact that the "meta-data" alone is good enough for law enforcement shows that Apple is failing hard in protecting your data
>>
and google is giving information to the nsa

no one should be surprised by this
>>
>>57242226
That's true, but according to this they aren't up and giving it to them.
>>
So glad i use a Jolla
>>
File: 201502_1244_bedgd_sm.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201502_1244_bedgd_sm.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>57242066
Did you expect them refuse when an agency has a warrant?
>>
>>57242066
>handheld tracking devices are bad when you're concerned about surveillance
gee who knew
>>
>>57242226
See >>57243065
>>
File: 1458828008863.jpg (47KB, 613x390px) Image search: [Google]
1458828008863.jpg
47KB, 613x390px
>>57242066

SHOCKING NEWS
A LARGE CORPORATION COMPLIES WITH GOVERNMENT REQUESTS, JUST LIKE ALL OTHER LARGE CORPORATIONS!
>>
>>57243108
So you expect them to not use any sort of analytics to run their business?

I'm sorry anon, but that's pretty stupid
>>
>>57242202
>>57243065
Did the San Bernardino shooter's phone not have a warrant? I can't find a source, but article do say a judge ordered Apple to help.

Also, the only Warrant I want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzK4JO0bXU
>>
>>57242066
>what is prism
I can't believe you people still believe in the fairytale that companies give a fuck about you
>>
>>57242066
Literally no one on 4chan is surprised by this, I'm sure every other company does the same.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.