[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the GTX 1060 (6gb)? Would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Nvidia GTX 1060-1-970-80.jpg (66KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia GTX 1060-1-970-80.jpg
66KB, 970x545px
What do you guys think of the GTX 1060 (6gb)? Would you prefer the rx 480 ?
>>
Also, general graphics card thread!!
>>
>>57240833
>>57240842
>>>/v/
>>
>>57240946
but it's technology
does anything even remotely related to video games trigger you?
>>
>>57240833
8GB
>>
I've been going back and forth for what to get for my new build and I think I'm set on an 8gb 480. The 1060 seems to have a few fps edge for most DX11 games, the 480 has a slight edge in DX12. I'm going with the 480 with the hopes that it'll perform better in the future with better optimization and the fact that AMD cards tend to get better with driver updates compared to the GTX series. Also, the 2gb extra vram might come in use in the future, and I'm planning on adding some extra texture mods and such to some games which will help. I think it comes down to if you want better performance in current games (1060) or hopefully better performance down the line (480)
>>
Think the GTX 1050 Ti will be good enough for WoW?
>>
>>57241700
My 3 year old mid-range laptop was good enough for wow.
>>
>>57241772
If you say so. My sister has been bugging me to upgrade her GPU and all she plays is WoW, Overwatch, and that Blizzard MOBA game. I'd like to get something that could handle max settings in those games at 60fps so it'll be at least a little future proof.
>>
>>>/g/sqt
>>>/g/gpu

>>57241800
>>>/g/pcbg
>>
I'd probably go for the 1060 so I can waste more money in like 2-3 years when Nvidia gimp my card
>>
>>57242070
nah, on a serious note, I'd probably go for the 480, or maybe 1070 or R9 Fury if sales and shit
but when 490 happens, and if it is better performance in my "MLG 1337 GAYMZ xdDD"for a similar/better price, then fuck it why not
>>
>>57241700
Yes.
>>57240833
They're both excellent cards but
>Like lower power and less jitters and CPU overhead? 1060
>Like arguably better DX12 support? 480

There you go.
>>
>>57241700
Yes, but get a good CPU. I play WoW on the "9" preset with a gtx 960 and a 6600k. (I'm upgrading to either Vega or a 1070 for 1440p later)
>>
>>57242738
Rest of the PC is pretty modern, has an i5-4690k. Just didn't upgrade her GPU when I rebuilt it a while back.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.